N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8526)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-31-2014, 05:04 PM

From my understanding, you should load 28.3 HEX as it is the latest one.
(#8527)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Default Auto Clear - 09-01-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awawd335
I believe the backend flashes make it so your **'s do not give a code.
That is not true what you said. I had the back end flash installed and it worked before. I installed the *** less ** fix took it through inspection, passed. The next day I took it back out. Not sure if that is when problem started ? Anybody know the proper way to reset the JB4 ? Ran the car today with the NGK plugs in it, very humid day. Car still ran fine, no 1st to 2nd high rpm bog for a second. I even ran it on map 7. Ran perfectly then too. I am not sure if its the plugs or the lower ratio of 100% E85 to 70% E85. Either way I am happy. Thumbs up to Terry for inventing the cowl filters. Looks so much cleaner, easy access and most important car runs cooler. Everyone should do this cheap mod, you cant go wrong!

Black 2018 RS5.
(#8528)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-05-2014, 08:18 AM

The reset defaults option seems not available anymore with the latest 2 versions,

I would like to know if it's removed for a reason and if there alternative way to reset my JB4 back to factory defaults,

I've been changing some values and need to put things back to default and it's deficult to remember every single default value to put it manually in.

Regards,
(#8529)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 08:47 AM

I recently updated to the latest JB4 firmware, but noticed it uploaded the 28_3 file as a ".PHP", instead of a ".HEX"...the write was successful and everything works properly, so not sure if this is something that I must redo?

JB4 G5//BMS DCI//BMS 3" CATELESS **//BMS Meth Kit//BMS Backend E85 Flash//Alpina B3 Flash//
Walbro 455lpfp//Yokohama SDrive//BMS SLD//N55 Midpipes//Vibrant Performance Resonators
(#8530)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
The reset defaults option seems not available anymore with the latest 2 versions,

I would like to know if it's removed for a reason and if there alternative way to reset my JB4 back to factory defaults,

I've been changing some values and need to put things back to default and it's deficult to remember every single default value to put it manually in.

Regards,
Default values for user adjustment settings are posted in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8531)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Unchanged.
I recently updated to the latest JB4 firmware, but noticed it uploaded the 28_3 file as a ".PHP", instead of a ".HEX"...the write was successful and everything works properly, so not sure if this is something that I must redo?

JB4 G5//BMS DCI//BMS 3" CATELESS **//BMS Meth Kit//BMS Backend E85 Flash//Alpina B3 Flash//
Walbro 455lpfp//Yokohama SDrive//BMS SLD//N55 Midpipes//Vibrant Performance Resonators
(#8532)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 09:15 AM

only .hex
(#8533)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 09-05-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Unchanged.
Terry, what's changed from ISO_28 to ISO_28.3?

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#8534)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
only .hex
But if everything works perfectly is there an ABSOLUTE NEED to rewrite? Or should i be fine?

(#8535)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-05-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZ
change your browser then re-download it will be ok as .hex
(#8536)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Hey Guys,

Quick question.

2007 (12/2006 build date) e92
BMS DCI, BMS ***-less down *****, BMS JB4 G5

I'm still using interface version 12-8-2013 with firmware version 27.13.

I want to update my interface and my firmware but I need to ensure that auto-clear is still functioning even though it has been removed off the steering wheel controls diagram?

Also I plan to flash my DME soon with the pump gas BMS back end flash.
(#8537)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 09-05-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Default values for user adjustment settings are posted in the first post.
Not if you're running a backend flash!

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#8538)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opo
Hey Guys,

Quick question.

2007 (12/2006 build date) e92
BMS DCI, BMS ***-less down *****, BMS JB4 G5

I'm still using interface version 12-8-2013 with firmware version 27.13.

I want to update my interface and my firmware but I need to ensure that auto-clear is still functioning even though it has been removed off the steering wheel controls diagram?

Also I plan to flash my DME soon with the pump gas BMS back end flash.
As far as I can tell, yes.

See this: http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#8539)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 09-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
Terry, what's changed from ISO_28 to ISO_28.3?
Disregard my question. I'm an idiot.

Reading comprehension > me

14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes
(#8540)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1rudebwoy
I'm getting a list of codes and I know one of them is my exhaust vanos, but im getting this code 2df2.. can someone please fill me in because im loosing my mind.
Support request posts are deleted from this thread without being read.

If you need assistance post codes in support section, or search them in the N55 code list.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8541)
Old

Default 09-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Hey!
I just installed RBs and would like to see whats going on with all cyls. when boost is turned up to 18 19 and 20psi for safely reasons.
should I choose timing correction or raw timing values?

N54 135i, vrsf fbo meth raceflash
(#8542)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2014, 01:05 PM

I prefer raw values.

Burger Motorsports

(#8543)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 09-13-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder22
The rattle only gets worse when adjusting it lower or higher than what was set from default. Unless my wastegates were adjusted from the dealer incorrectly when both wastegate and turbos were replaced a couple thousand miles ago. Just is weird because there was no rattle at all with cobb.

You mean there wasn't any rattle when you installed pump flash via cobb access port ? Because I have the same issue, whatever the numbers are at menu10/12, it still rattles.
If flashing via cobb is a cure for rattling issue, I am ready to throw my Bavarian bt cable out of balcony!!! Let me know please
(#8544)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
You mean there wasn't any rattle when you installed pump flash via cobb access port ? Because I have the same issue, whatever the numbers are at menu10/12, it still rattles.
If flashing via cobb is a cure for rattling issue, I am ready to throw my Bavarian bt cable out of balcony!!! Let me know please
With a JB4 installed, any flash duty cycle setting is completely ignored. On wastegates in general it's often the ones that were "just replaced" rattle the worst. It's hard to get them set right. If they are really set properly its impossible for them to rattle with any setting/boost level.

Burger Motorsports

(#8545)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 09-15-2014, 07:52 AM

My friend has a jb4 g4 board.
and He need firmware update.
so..The question is... lastest interface work with g4 and g5 ???

Last edited by sch4400; 09-15-2014 at 09:06 AM..
(#8546)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 09-20-2014, 03:46 PM

Bumping this back to front page for noobs
(#8547)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 09-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Not sure this is the right place, but has there been discussion about making the throttle more responsive a la Cobb AccessPort and/or sprintbooster? That would be an awesome feature.
(#8548)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2014, 08:14 AM

Use the free back end flash and ramp up the low throttle load if you want to change the boost to pedal relationship to be unlinear.

Burger Motorsports

(#8549)
Old

Default 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM

Hi T,

got my RBs installed yesterday and wanted to set them up properly now. Race flash is installed, 30% E85 in the car. Is there any suggestion for map6 boost targets available for RBs? big FMIC etc is installed.
(#8550)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM

Start with map 7.

Burger Motorsports