N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E90 Sedan (N54) Manual
Icon1 First Log Review - 10-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Hi all! New 335i owner here - 2007 BMW 335i, N54, E90, Sedan, Manual Transmission. Running on 93 Octane. It already had most of the normal mods done to it when I purchased:

- ctless downpips (can't spell out on this forum?)
- DCI
- Upgraded Chargepipe, BOV
- Upgraded Intercooler (5" I believe)
- Oil Cooler

It had an unknown tune/flash on it when I purchased and was putting out ~18-19 psi boost. I had the JB4 with bluetooth kit installed by a local performance shop that specializes in the N54/N55 engines (it's almost all they do), and did the MHD flash to go with it. Was running Map 5 but I think I prefer Map 2.

Anywho, that's the foundation. Note, I used the auto-logging feature (70% throttle with 3 second setting), which I think may be why it didn't start recording until 10 mph - does that sound right?

Also, my Max Boost came up as 19.4 psi, but I'm not seeing I hit that in the log - what am I missing? I'm assuming that didn't happen in the missing 0-10mph range...unless maybe it was during the initial rev up before letting the clutch out? I didn't do any brake boosting or use the parking brake or anything like that.

Any other notes about the log/screenshots I attached, I'm open to hearing! Thanks guys/gals!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-08 20_16_35.csv (12.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by CoolATIGuy; 10-08-2018 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: ******* *********
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 10-08-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolATIGuy
Hi all! New 335i owner here - 2007 BMW 335i, N54, E90, Sedan, Manual Transmission. Running on 93 Octane. It already had most of the normal mods done to it when I purchased:

- ctless downpips (can't spell out on this forum?)
- DCI
- Upgraded Chargepipe, BOV
- Upgraded Intercooler (5" I believe)
- Oil Cooler

It had an unknown tune/flash on it when I purchased and was putting out ~18-19 psi boost. I had the JB4 with bluetooth kit installed by a local performance shop that specializes in the N54/N55 engines (it's almost all they do), and did the MHD flash to go with it. Was running Map 5 but I think I prefer Map 2.

Anywho, that's the foundation. Note, I used the auto-logging feature (70% throttle with 3 second setting), which I think may be why it didn't start recording until 10 mph - does that sound right?

Also, my Max Boost came up as 19.4 psi, but I'm not seeing I hit that in the log - what am I missing? I'm assuming that didn't happen in the missing 0-10mph range...unless maybe it was during the initial rev up before letting the clutch out? I didn't do any brake boosting or use the parking brake or anything like that.

Any other notes about the log/screenshots I attached, I'm open to hearing! Thanks guys/gals!
First- welcome!

Proper log for review is 3rd gear, WOT, traction control off, 2k to redline.

Enable 6cyl logging in your user adjustment tab too & relog

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-08-2018, 09:11 PM

Thanks Dave!

I assume I need to set "6-Cyl Timing Logging" to 4 (I8A0S) for my car, sound right?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-09-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks Dave!

I assume I need to set "6-Cyl Timing Logging" to 4 (I8A0S) for my car, sound right?
Yup!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Question 3rd Gear Pull - 10-09-2018, 05:04 PM

Ok, I think I did this right...

I tried to find a straightaway but there was a little bit of a curve to it. Hopefully this works.

Log file, chart, and settings pages attached

How are we looking??
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-09 18_19_53.csv (16.3 KB, 77 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-09-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Ok, I think I did this right...

I tried to find a straightaway but there was a little bit of a curve to it. Hopefully this works.

Log file, chart, and settings pages attached

How are we looking??
Couple things- enable 6cyl logging- can’t see those still.

Timing in general looks “decent” but drops up top.

LPFP - is into the 40s- id recommend an upgrade ASAP.

FF is at 150 - usually that means you have a boost / vac leak somewhere & your WGDC is about maxed too uptop. Look for a leak.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Question 10-09-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ Fuel-it!
Couple things- enable 6cyl logging- can’t see those still.

Timing in general looks “decent” but drops up top.

LPFP - is into the 40s- id recommend an upgrade ASAP.

FF is at 150 - usually that means you have a boost / vac leak somewhere & your WGDC is about maxed too uptop. Look for a leak.

Thanks!

I'm not sure why 6cyl logging isn't on - I set it to 4 like we mentioned up top, and I saw it at one point, but I see in my screenshot it's back to 0.

Thanks for the tip on LPFP - have to check into that.

Ando at Burger mentioned today I should lower FF to 120 - I'm new to the turbo world though, what exactly is FF/does this do?
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks!

I'm not sure why 6cyl logging isn't on - I set it to 4 like we mentioned up top, and I saw it at one point, but I see in my screenshot it's back to 0.

Thanks for the tip on LPFP - have to check into that.

Ando at Burger mentioned today I should lower FF to 120 - I'm new to the turbo world though, what exactly is FF/does this do?
Since new- take a bit of time & familiarize yourself with this, it’ll help you long term :

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Burger Motorsports