N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4501)
Old

Car: 17' Q50 Premium RWD
Default 08-05-2019, 03:45 PM

On stock fuel pumps? I've not really looked into ethanol yet as I'm still learning the ins and outs of having a turbo vehicle and modding. Any precautions or prerequisites that I should look into prior to running an E-mix? All mods that I have added, i have been trying to precede with some sort of engine protection measure (though, I still need an OCC setup). Plugs, pumps, injectors, etc?

2017 Q50 3.0t Premium RWD
JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4502)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2019, 04:06 PM

For the higher maps on E85 it can be a little hit and miss and require experimentation. But generally 30% E85 and say map5 for the SS and map2 for the RS are safe bets.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4503)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-05-2019, 04:09 PM

Up to E15 is the new norm for car manufactures. Beyond that you will definitely see higher trim numbers and lower gas mileage. If you have an E85 supply - you can try a fuel calculator like the one below to play with fuel blends. Be sure to take it slow on the added E content and be sure to log!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/e85cal/id1470313135

I have been running up to an E30 blend for over a year. With the addition of Fuel Wires I saw an improvement in my AFR #s.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#4504)
Old

Default 08-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Did you happen to take a peek at the logs I posted, Terry? Curious as to how I'm looking as it stands

JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4505)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 08-05-2019, 10:31 PM

Looks pretty good. I wouldn't worry too much about that timing dip at 5600rpm in the second log. I've tried to get rid of it but I think it's just the nature of the beast when in higher gear regardless of fuel or boost map. Now, let's talk about the non-functioning charge air temp sensor.
(#4506)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 08-06-2019, 04:02 AM

I'm still unsure of the long term effect the additional ethanol will have on rubber components on stock fuel pumps. I would hate to being it in for warranty work or a CEL and they realize my pumps are toast due to added E

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4507)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 05:57 AM

Let's, thoughts? Has been that way since before I added any mods. Leads me to believe that it is an issue with the JB4, I double checked all harnesses related to the JB4 install.

JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4508)
Old

Car: q50
Default 08-06-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Terry,

I think I found a bug. JB4 with fuel wires and WMI map 8. I have boost by gear set to cut 10 psi in 1st and 5 in 2nd. Check out the AFR when I hit 3rd gear and the boost by gear shuts off. Also check out the WMI AFTER the throttle is no longer 100%. Even after the pull it was hanging at ~82 on the gauge. I had to go WOT again and then let out to get it to go back to 0.
bump...Terry please take a look.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#4509)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
bump...Terry please take a look.
Here is the first log after the trans temp issue started. All logs prior were "0" trans temp and all logs since have had a value of 32. Looks like it started with the fw7hex update, I've attached the log and a screenshot of my update schedule.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-02-16 17_31_31_Map-5 trans temp.csv (11.4 KB, 76 views)

JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4510)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiQ88
Here is the first log after the trans temp issue started. All logs prior were "0" trans temp and all logs since have had a value of 32. Looks like it started with the fw7hex update, I've attached the log and a screenshot of my update schedule.
Not to me selfish, but I look at a ton of logs for folks....I want Terry to look at MY log

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4511)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe 3.0t
Default 08-06-2019, 09:05 AM

Terry @ BMS

I wanted to ask if our cars will ever get launch control???
(#4512)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp801
Terry @ BMS

I wanted to ask if our cars will ever get launch control???
Have you played with the boost by gear?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4513)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 09:19 AM

Lmao, whoops. I have seen you contributing a good amount to the thread, honestly, I thought you were with Burger. In hast I totally overlooked exactly what youd quoted, MY BAD lol.

JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4514)
Old

Default 08-06-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiQ88
Lmao, whoops. I have seen you contributing a good amount to the thread, honestly, I thought you were with Burger. In hast I totally overlooked exactly what youd quoted, MY BAD lol.
No worries, just breaking your chops.

See Terry, give your boy some support over here!

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4515)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default VR30 OCC - 08-06-2019, 04:05 PM

BMS - Where are we on having an OCC from you all? The Mishimoto OCC seems to be the only real player for the VR30 and I know BMS must have something in the works?!?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#4516)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Terry,

I think I found a bug. JB4 with fuel wires and WMI map 8. I have boost by gear set to cut 10 psi in 1st and 5 in 2nd. Check out the AFR when I hit 3rd gear and the boost by gear shuts off. Also check out the WMI AFTER the throttle is no longer 100%. Even after the pull it was hanging at ~82 on the gauge. I had to go WOT again and then let out to get it to go back to 0.
Tuning side looks fine to me. You're under boosting in 3rd initially which is why AFR is mapped leaner there. On the WMI reading on the app probably just the app missed the last update to signal 0.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4517)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
BMS - Where are we on having an OCC from you all? The Mishimoto OCC seems to be the only real player for the VR30 and I know BMS must have something in the works?!?
Yes we have a BMS kit on our car, will be releasing soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#4518)
Old

Default 08-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Mind taking a look at the two logs I posted after adding fuel wires (page180). Also have an issue after installing hex7 where trans temp is stuck at 32. Posted a screenshot/log of that as well.

JB4
Fuel wires
HKS BOV
AMS LDP
AMS HX
AMS Intakes

(#4519)
Old

Default 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Tuning side looks fine to me. You're under boosting in 3rd initially which is why AFR is mapped leaner there. On the WMI reading on the app probably just the app missed the last update to signal 0.
I'm not sure I follow how under boosting would cause the air fuel to go lean and not rich. but put that aside for a second look at the log of the wmi it still shows 100 after throttle is already cut. Can you explain that?

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4520)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow how under boosting would cause the air fuel to go lean and not rich. but put that aside for a second look at the log of the wmi it still shows 100 after throttle is already cut. Can you explain that?
AFR (and everything else) is mapped on boost. With boost so far below target you're running in a leaner part of the mapping.

The WMI signal is filtered and not based on the solenoid so it's not going to exactly match up with actual flow around the edges. Meth solenoid is closed under many situations and throttle or pedal less than 70% among them. If meth was flowing when the throttle was closed you'd get tons of misfire codes and the engine would stall out. It's not.

Burger Motorsports

(#4521)
Old

Default 08-08-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
AFR (and everything else) is mapped on boost. With boost so far below target you're running in a leaner part of the mapping.

The WMI signal is filtered and not based on the solenoid so it's not going to exactly match up with actual flow around the edges. Meth solenoid is closed under many situations and throttle or pedal less than 70% among them. If meth was flowing when the throttle was closed you'd get tons of misfire codes and the engine would stall out. It's not.
Interesting, I'll have to do some back to back testing with the boost by gear on vs. off and see how it changes. Thanks for the explanation.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
(#4522)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 08-14-2019, 02:23 PM

Hi Terry, could you take a look at this log to see if it's running good? 3rd gear pull on pretty level road. Any concerns with Ign1 dropping zero? Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-14 15_02_42_Map-6, shell .csv (6.8 KB, 86 views)

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#4523)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-14-2019, 08:24 PM

Terry, can you look at my log. This is on JB4, map 6, +4 at 3k-5500 rpm. Also can you explain a little about the fuel wires. Your description on your site says it leans things out at higher rpm's. Do you really wanna run lean at higher rpm's? In racing we say lean is mean, until it blows.
Attached Files
File Type: csv + 4 map.csv (8.0 KB, 83 views)
(#4524)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky777
Hi Terry, could you take a look at this log to see if it's running good? 3rd gear pull on pretty level road. Any concerns with Ign1 dropping zero? Thanks
What fuel? Ign has to go fairly low due to the 20psi hit here so that isn't necessarily surprising. But if this is just pump gas I think I'd evaluate lower boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#4525)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim2525
Terry, can you look at my log. This is on JB4, map 6, +4 at 3k-5500 rpm. Also can you explain a little about the fuel wires. Your description on your site says it leans things out at higher rpm's. Do you really wanna run lean at higher rpm's? In racing we say lean is mean, until it blows.
Really old firmware, I'd update that.

As described the fuel wires let the JB4 run a leaner AFR more similar to the high 11s the flash maps target.

Burger Motorsports