Car: Q60
Default 10-28-2018, 01:52 PM

Thanks Terry!!!

'17 JB4,Q60 SS
(#3127)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 10-29-2018, 12:48 AM

Hi Terry, have an 18 Q50 RS running JB4 map 6 with gradual boost increase and tapered after 5k RPM. 91 octane, K&N, 3200 FT altitude. Log is looking good I think.

3000 - 2 PSI
3300 - 3.5 PSI
4000 - 5 PSI
4500 - 4.5 PSI
5000 - 4 PSI
5500 - 3 PSI
6000 - 2 PSI
6500 - 1 PSI

So far so good but wondering if I were to run Map 1 - 4 PSI peak, will I see more power across the range and still be just as safe and reliable? so 4 PSI is added across the entire range? I assume you guys have done extensive testing on this. Any difference running map 3 setting boost safety to 4 PSI compared to Map 1? Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-23 13_20_59 sky Map 6 + 4.5 psi.csv (6.5 KB, 121 views)

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#3128)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2018, 08:57 AM

Log looks ok, grab another one on map1 so I can compare the boost profile differences. With the RS at high elevation map3 would not make sense as you'll want more taper towards redline.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3129)
Old

Default 10-29-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks ok, grab another one on map1 so I can compare the boost profile differences. With the RS at high elevation map3 would not make sense as you'll want more taper towards redline.
Thanks Terry. Attached 2 logs on Map 1.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-29 10_32_32 Map 1 - 4 PSI.csv (9.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-29 10_36_13 Map 1 - 4 PSI.csv (8.5 KB, 98 views)

JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
(#3130)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SS
Default 2019 Silver Sport - 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM

Hello all,

I just leased a 2019 Q50 SS - I know there's no real difference between the 2018's and the 2019's but on the side of caution I want to make sure that I can use the current JB4 on the 2019 SS. I don't know if the ECU on the 2019 is different to the 2018 or if there needs to be a new firmware to work on the 2019's. Thanks for your input in advance!
(#3131)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2018, 02:42 PM

All compatible!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3132)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 10-30-2018, 06:09 AM

Nice. Let's see who is going to be the first to install and review in this group!

Quote:
Q50/Q60 Pedal Tuners are in stock and shipping.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER.html

(#3133)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2018, 08:43 AM

We've shipped a few! Looking forward to reviews coming in. Don't forget to calibrate it per the video on our website after installing.

Burger Motorsports

(#3134)
Old

Default 10-30-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky777
Thanks Terry. Attached 2 logs on Map 1.
Hi Terry, any feedback on the Map 1 logs? Thanks.

JB4 Map 6
Megan LDP
Helmholtz Axle-back
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
K&N Air Filter
(#3135)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Luxe
Default 10-30-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yld2rob
Nice. Let's see who is going to be the first to install and review in this group!
I received mine pedal tunner yesterday and installed it last night. I went straight to red and the highest setting. The car is very responsive and feels so much better at take off. I don't plan on bringing it down other than for testing. I also received a Draggy unit for testing. With the JB4 and 43 degrees out the car runs great
(#3136)
Old

Car: Q50
Send a message via Skype™ to rlora
Default 10-31-2018, 01:58 PM

I have a 2018 Q50 RS currently with JB4 Map 6 and Helmholtz axle back. Are there any additional HP/TQ gains just by adding lower ********* while keeping the stock Y and Mid *****, and if so; will there be any additional gains by adding a Y and Mid Pipe?
(#3137)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djavier21
I received mine pedal tunner yesterday and installed it last night. I went straight to red and the highest setting. The car is very responsive and feels so much better at take off. I don't plan on bringing it down other than for testing. I also received a Draggy unit for testing. With the JB4 and 43 degrees out the car runs great
Happy to hear it!

Burger Motorsports

(#3138)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 11-01-2018, 07:51 AM

Hi Terry,

I know ETAs and asking for updates is generally frowned upon, but I can't help but ask: are y'all still developing any new features for the JB4 on our cars?

I noticed the Stinger development has shot lightyears ahead of us in a fraction of the time. I hope y'all haven't lost interest in our engine.

Thanks,

Boxy
(#3139)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2018, 09:14 AM

The Stinger still doesn't have everything the Q50 JB4 has, so we've been porting stuff over to get them caught up.

Development is ongoing here also. We have a few customers running WMI who have hacked together kits, and we've been working on the JB4 end for progressive WMI control. While at the same time trying to come up with an easy way to mount WMI nozzles.

Burger Motorsports

(#3140)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 11-01-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
We have a few customers running WMI who have hacked together kits, and we've been working on the JB4 end for progressive WMI control. While at the same time trying to come up with an easy way to mount WMI nozzles.
Terry - Christmas is nearly here: Any chance my personal Santa from the West Coast will have a WMI kit to put under my NTX tree? Any feedback from the testers on performance gains?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#3141)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 11-01-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The Stinger still doesn't have everything the Q50 JB4 has, so we've been porting stuff over to get them caught up.

Development is ongoing here also. We have a few customers running WMI who have hacked together kits, and we've been working on the JB4 end for progressive WMI control. While at the same time trying to come up with an easy way to mount WMI nozzles.
Hi Terry,

I appreciate what y'all are doing. Outside of WMI, can we expect features from the Stinger/N54 JB4 such as direct ignition timing control and fuel mapping? I see these are features available on the Stinger which is more what I was referring to. It would allow us to really unlock the potential of our engines with JB4.

I was always a fan of what JB4 accomplished on the BMW engines and was a little disappointed to see that it's still so limited on our platform. I understand Infiniti didn't make this car easy to work on, but y'all are smart as hell so I'm hoping we can see something soon.

Thanks!
(#3142)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2018, 04:41 PM

We're in the process of sourcing a 2019 Q50 which we need for CARB emissions testing so with two cars here, development should go faster.

The fueling and timing opportunities that are on the Stinger are not really beneficial to the VR30 JB4 tuning. We have a few things we're working on but nothing to announce yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#3143)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Terry - Christmas is nearly here: Any chance my personal Santa from the West Coast will have a WMI kit to put under my NTX tree? Any feedback from the testers on performance gains?
We can ship you a WMI kit today. The issue has been mounting the nozzles. One customer drilled/tapped his intake manifold for them. I don't think that is going to fly for most of you.

Burger Motorsports

(#3144)
Old

Car: q50
Default 11-02-2018, 06:17 PM

safest mix of e85 without the flex it chip(since we dont have one yet?) is 6 gallons on a full tank to much? I did 4 gallons on a full tank - small improvement, should I do more?
(#3145)
Old

Default 11-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlegends
safest mix of e85 without the flex it chip(since we dont have one yet?) is 6 gallons on a full tank to much? I did 4 gallons on a full tank - small improvement, should I do more?
E30-E40 blend is what I have been running for well over a year. As we move into winter the E85 ethanol levels will be dropping so you need to account for that in your ratio calculations.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
(#3146)
Old

Default 11-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
We can ship you a WMI kit today. The issue has been mounting the nozzles. One customer drilled/tapped his intake manifold for them. I don't think that is going to fly for most of you.
Agreed - I think we can all wait for something like this versus drilling into our intake manifold.

https://www.fuel-it.com/2-5-id-bille...pt-meth-bungs/

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS LDP
  • AMS CAI
(#3147)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 11-03-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
We're in the process of sourcing a 2019 Q50 which we need for CARB emissions testing so with two cars here, development should go faster.

The fueling and timing opportunities that are on the Stinger are not really beneficial to the VR30 JB4 tuning. We have a few things we're working on but nothing to announce yet.
Really?? I thought with that you can make the car burn more fuel just to raise performance, i thought thats what the ecutune can pretty much do

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#3148)
Old

Car: Q60 3.0 405hp
Default 11-03-2018, 04:53 AM

Hi Terry. You may check logs?
Q60 3.0 405. 2017.
D0wnp1pes 3"
Borla catback exhaust 3"
Bms cooler

Fuel - russian 100 octane)))))
Map2 logs:
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-30 15_04_32.csv (16.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-30 15_09_06.csv (18.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-30 15_10_24.csv (14.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-30 15_15_49.csv (66.7 KB, 95 views)
(#3149)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 11-03-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuna
Hi Terry. You may check logs?
Q60 3.0 405. 2017.
D0wnp1pes 3"
Borla catback exhaust 3"
Bms cooler

Fuel - russian 100 octane)))))
Map2 logs:
Is your car an RS? Your ECU is requesting 15psi and with the jb4 your getting up to 20psi.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3150)
Old

Car: Q60 3.0 405hp
Default 11-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Is your car an RS? Your ECU is requesting 15psi and with the jb4 your getting up to 20psi.
Jb4 getting up to 25psi/1,8bar. 0-100 => 4,4sec map7. I have error with ign. Bad fuel.
I wait sport fuel, and check 0-100, 100-200 again.
I want to install WMI later.

What is the difference between RS and others?)
In Russia, the car is called "proactive".

Last edited by Fortuna; 11-03-2018 at 10:15 AM..