N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335i 2008 e92
Unhappy Weird Little Harness Giving Trouble - 11-25-2020, 10:01 PM

Hi all,

I've tried identifying this harness but without knowing what it does or it's name it's been futile.

I was cleaning the valves of my engine and I am new to all this DIY so I labled every plug harness that I used. When I was putting it back together I found this little harness that I have no memory unplugging and it has no lable so I didnt unplug it on purpose (or maybe it was just there unplugged already).

The problem is that my car is not starting, so I'm thinking it has to be this harness. It tries to start but cant.

This is the harness:

If anyone knows what this is, I would greatly appreciate it if you shared, I need the car and it was supposed to be a weekend project and well... I guess it's safe to say it went off the rails.... big time
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-25-2020, 10:37 PM

Looks like the one that goes to a heating element for oil vapors or some****. Should go on rear inlet.
(#3)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 11-26-2020, 03:41 AM

I agree it is for the heating element in the rear inlet. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

i do not believe it would prevent the car from running.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#4)
Old

Car: BMW 335i 2008 e92
Smile 11-26-2020, 05:45 PM

Awesome!! Thanks guys!

It does make a lot of sense, the car came with relocated inlets so the harness was probably not connected from the start.

Just as an update, I managed to start the car, it turns out that a little bit (a lot) of valve cleaner fluid went into the cylinders and the car was just pushing it out. When it dried up then it started.

Not 5 minutes later a cooling system hose went BOOM and the car is once again, stuck. It needs a little love, that's all. Thanks for helping me, I was very worried about that harness!
(#5)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-26-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daagak
Awesome!! Thanks guys!

It does make a lot of sense, the car came with relocated inlets so the harness was probably not connected from the start.

Just as an update, I managed to start the car, it turns out that a little bit (a lot) of valve cleaner fluid went into the cylinders and the car was just pushing it out. When it dried up then it started.

Not 5 minutes later a cooling system hose went BOOM and the car is once again, stuck. It needs a little love, that's all. Thanks for helping me, I was very worried about that harness!
No problem
Good Luck !