(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-06-2020, 07:33 AM

Keep us posted.

Stay safe

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2010 335I E93
Default 08-12-2020, 05:16 AM

Good morning. So, my o2's are supposed to be here this weekend. HOWEVER, I reset adaptations, 1/7, because my afr's were at 20 in logs from yesterday, which freaked me tf out. I have no o2 codes, took logs this AM going to work, and car feels so much better. Low boost compared to target, but no more Oscillation it seems, maybe a little still in high gear low rpm giving it heavy throttle. My WGDC is shooting to 7.5 again.

So, my HPFP is only giving 11-12 consistantly in logs, havent seen a 15 in a little while. My last safety yesterday was 5, fuel trim variance. That was before adaptation reset. Could wgdc shoot up and low boost be cause by a failing hpfp? It feels like the car wants to GO but something is holding it back hard. If I can order parts today they will be here for the weekend.

Dave, just want to thank you for your patience with me and your insights so far.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Before adap reset.csv (40.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: csv 200812_0731.csv (84.6 KB, 38 views)
(#28)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-12-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbis
Good morning. So, my o2's are supposed to be here this weekend. HOWEVER, I reset adaptations, 1/7, because my afr's were at 20 in logs from yesterday, which freaked me tf out. I have no o2 codes, took logs this AM going to work, and car feels so much better. Low boost compared to target, but no more Oscillation it seems, maybe a little still in high gear low rpm giving it heavy throttle. My WGDC is shooting to 7.5 again.

So, my HPFP is only giving 11-12 consistantly in logs, havent seen a 15 in a little while. My last safety yesterday was 5, fuel trim variance. That was before adaptation reset. Could wgdc shoot up and low boost be cause by a failing hpfp? It feels like the car wants to GO but something is holding it back hard. If I can order parts today they will be here for the weekend.

Dave, just want to thank you for your patience with me and your insights so far.
Just chiming in .....you did battery reset with 1/7
(#29)
Old

Default 08-12-2020, 05:02 PM

On my spreadsheet with all the functions, it says
1,5-Reset cluster
1,6-Reset airbag codes
1,7- reset octane o2 and AFR adaptations

I will make sure to check the sticky.

Edit: You're right!! Thanks for pointing that out. My screenshot is now updated, lol.

Last edited by Yarbis; 08-12-2020 at 05:14 PM..
(#30)
Old
Legend

Default 08-12-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
On my spreadsheet with all the functions, it says
1,5-Reset cluster
1,6-Reset airbag codes
1,7- reset octane o2 and AFR adaptations

I will make sure to check the sticky.

Edit: You're right!! Thanks for pointing that out. My screenshot is now updated, lol.
No problem. Good luck!
(#31)
Old

Default 08-12-2020, 07:12 PM

So before I drove home, I flashed a stock bef, and went with map 2. So JB4 ONLY. I got 30ff and ********* ******** codes. When 30ff came on, my cars power curve started feeling closer to normal, like it just wanted to pull. Before 30ff came, it made a little more boost, but the pulling feeling wasnt there as much as when 30ff was present. So completely different codes! Also, when 30ff was present, my wastegate rattle was almost completely gone. Why would that be? Going to take a log tomorrow.
(#32)
Old

Default 08-13-2020, 05:30 AM

I'll probably need that luck... Lol.

Here's a couple logs from my drive this morning. Sorry the first one is long af, there was traffic and I have no copilot, hopefully you guys can open it. My FP high hit 19??? Ive never seen it so high before. Even with the same amount of boost, the way the car is running without the bef is so much better feeling, so much pull. Still a little bit of oscillation here and there, but no where near as much with mhd. And also, still running with 30ff. I should also mention I got another safety during the second log, 5- fuel trim variance.

So what I'm thinking I'll do this weekend, is disconnect my dp's to see if its a clogged secondary ***. Just to knock that possibility out. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking it's most likely turbos. Im at 133k miles, and i have a 2010. I found a thread where I think steve explained you can bypass the solenoids, but be ready to let off the gas. For troubleshooting only. I cant find the thread anymore though...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200812_0759.csv (404.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv 200813_0817.csv (14.5 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Yarbis; 08-13-2020 at 05:45 AM..
(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2020, 05:56 AM

Something is 100% off

I don’t think your original plan is a bad one

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#34)
Old

Default 08-13-2020, 06:27 PM

Solenoids are on their way, hopefully will get here this weekend. If not, Monday for sure. If this doesnt work, I'm going to actually adjust the actuator, I'll just have to PB blaster the hell out of the nut. If that doesn't work, I'll check for leaks everywhere with soapy water just incase. And from that point I would say its Turbo time!! Let's hope its the solenoids since work has robbed me of any free time these past few weeks.
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-14-2020, 04:41 PM

Keep us posted

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Default 08-16-2020, 06:51 PM

You wont believe it... It's the F****** midpipes. I took the exhaust off the dp's and it was slamming boost target, no oscillation or anything. Holy christ it was loud, a cop was behind me the whole way home too lol. Needless to say, its exhaust time. Now im going to hate owning an e93 with some supports missing...
(#37)
Old
Legend

Default 08-16-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You wont believe it... It's the F****** midpipes. I took the exhaust off the dp's and it was slamming boost target, no oscillation or anything. Holy christ it was loud, a cop was behind me the whole way home too lol. Needless to say, its exhaust time. Now im going to hate owning an e93 with some supports missing...
What kind of midpipes ?
Secondaries still on there ?
You dont need to remove any supports for a E93 exhaust.
(#38)
Old

Default 08-16-2020, 08:03 PM

For anything aftermarket, Ive heard you do. And you have to dent the ***** in some areas. At least for the VRSF which is cheap and sounds amazing. *Edit- From VRSF website: Application: 2007 – 2012 E90/E92 BMW 335i & 335IS RWD Models Only (modification required for XI & Convertibles)

My secondaries are still on there, which is the "midpipe" i was talking about.

What brand catback fits an e93's w/o modification, if you know off hand?

Last edited by Yarbis; 08-16-2020 at 08:21 PM..
(#39)
Old
Legend

Default 08-16-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
For anything aftermarket, Ive heard you do. And you have to dent the ***** in some areas. At least for the VRSF which is cheap and sounds amazing.

My secondaries are still on there, which is the "midpipe" i was talking about.

What brand catback fits an e93's w/o modification, if you know off hand?
I would have to research again.
I made my own for my E93. No dents, no rubbing, no drone, no issues.
Easiest and cheapest fix for you is remove secondaries and replace with resonators.
(#40)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 05:55 PM

I have a vrsf on order, but I think its the middle third of the pipe that has clearance issues, and then where the diff is. What diameter pipe did you use? I have a friend who is a great tig welder, So thinking about cutting sections of pipe and having him weld the small pipe pieces where the supports are, so the exhaust pipe can pass through it. I think the only part I would have to dent in would be by the diff if I did that.

On a side note, this thing is insanely loud dumped from the ********* lol. I'll be driving like this until my exhaust comes in, Far less fewer codes but the car feels so much better. I just look and sound like a douche.
(#41)
Old
Legend

Default 08-18-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I have a vrsf on order, but I think its the middle third of the pipe that has clearance issues, and then where the diff is. What diameter pipe did you use? I have a friend who is a great tig welder, So thinking about cutting sections of pipe and having him weld the small pipe pieces where the supports are, so the exhaust pipe can pass through it. I think the only part I would have to dent in would be by the diff if I did that.

On a side note, this thing is insanely loud dumped from the ********* lol. I'll be driving like this until my exhaust comes in, Far less fewer codes but the car feels so much better. I just look and sound like a douche.
I have done quite a few different revisions.
I did do a 3.5" midpipe with zero clearance issues. Even around the diff and then split to 2) 2.5" out the back. Very tight fit, but no denting needed.
(#42)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 09:11 PM

Ah, 2.5 ***** after midpipe? This one is 3.5 all the way through. I'll see if my friend could weld me a section of pipe, to keep everything oem(ish).
(#43)
Old
Legend

Default 08-19-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Ah, 2.5 ***** after midpipe? This one is 3.5 all the way through. I'll see if my friend could weld me a section of pipe, to keep everything oem(ish).
Ummm, no. The VRSF is 3.5 and splits to two 2.5s in the back as well. After you get around the diff, you could do 3.5 all the way out the back if you wanted to. I wanted to keep dual exhaust tips out the back or you would have to switch to a 328i bumper for it to look right.....so I did 3.5" midpipe till AFTER the diff, then a Y to split a left and right 2.5" out the rear
(#44)
Old

Default 09-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Could of swore I responded to you BEAST, my bad. You are right, I just phrased it wrong so that's on my end. Meant up until the muffler was 3.5

UPDATE!!!!!!!!
So I got my exhaust yesterday and slapped it in. It was awful trying to dent in the pipe, but I think I could have gotten away only bending it where the diff would touch, and not the trailing arm, but did it anyways. I cant believe how quiet it is with just that littleish muffler. Sounds amazing, getting 17-19psi of boost depending on temperature, and I have NO issues except for *** codes, which I have a dp fix in that i havent adjusted yet, so I'm guessing its related to that. Not worried about it as I'm taking it out after emissions. My only problem now is I'm really feeling the 130k miles on the clutch, as it slips with the initial 2kish RPM boost punch. My rear main seal is starting to leak a little, so perfect timing I guess.

As a recap:
I had an issue that looked VERY much like a boost leak. Only I had boost oscillation after a while of having these boost leak symptom issues and hunting them down. It ended up being clogged secondary cats, and replacing the exhaust, in my case since it was on the to do list, fixed my issue. A cheaper route would be to take it to a shop and have them weld in *****/ resonator(s) in place of the secondary cats.

I'd just like to thank you, Dave and THE BEAST, for helping me out, as this was awful to hunt down and required a lot of patience. You guys are the homies !!
(#45)
Old
Legend

Default 09-02-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Could of swore I responded to you BEAST, my bad. You are right, I just phrased it wrong so that's on my end. Meant up until the muffler was 3.5

UPDATE!!!!!!!!
So I got my exhaust yesterday and slapped it in. It was awful trying to dent in the pipe, but I think I could have gotten away only bending it where the diff would touch, and not the trailing arm, but did it anyways. I cant believe how quiet it is with just that littleish muffler. Sounds amazing, getting 17-19psi of boost depending on temperature, and I have NO issues except for *** codes, which I have a dp fix in that i havent adjusted yet, so I'm guessing its related to that. Not worried about it as I'm taking it out after emissions. My only problem now is I'm really feeling the 130k miles on the clutch, as it slips with the initial 2kish RPM boost punch. My rear main seal is starting to leak a little, so perfect timing I guess.

As a recap:
I had an issue that looked VERY much like a boost leak. Only I had boost oscillation after a while of having these boost leak symptom issues and hunting them down. It ended up being clogged secondary cats, and replacing the exhaust, in my case since it was on the to do list, fixed my issue. A cheaper route would be to take it to a shop and have them weld in *****/ resonator(s) in place of the secondary cats.

I'd just like to thank you, Dave and THE BEAST, for helping me out, as this was awful to hunt down and required a lot of patience. You guys are the homies !!
👍🏽