N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 435i
Default Oil cap / crank case breather for 435i? - 12-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Do they make one? I find some but they are for n54s and say they fit some N55's but the ones listed are the 335i stating clearance issues.

Anyone know of one that will work for a 435i?

Performance: 2014 435i : F33 (convertible) : 8AT : BMS Intake : VSRF Charge Pipe - Down Pipe & FMIC : JB4 Stage 2 : FF Wires : EWG Wires : 40% E85 : XHP Stage 3: E85 BEF

Dragy: "Spammer" 12.72@111.70 | 0-60 4.71
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
Do they make one? I find some but they are for n54s and say they fit some N55's but the ones listed are the 335i stating clearance issues.

Anyone know of one that will work for a 435i?
IMO, an OCC would be more beneficial for you.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...650ba888&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
IMO, an OCC would be more beneficial for you.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...650ba888&_ss=r

Thanks P.

i've been looking at those too. However the reason i ask is i always get low oil light right before my next oil change. The tech took pictures of very minor oil leaks around the oil pan seal.

I was trying to use a crank case valve to aliviate pressure seeing as i'm hoping its because i'm running 21 PSI all day and night and thinking its just too much for the seal.

I don't really wanna pay them 1k to fix it nor do the work myself if i don't have to. Not sure if it will help but i would like to try.

Performance: 2014 435i : F33 (convertible) : 8AT : BMS Intake : VSRF Charge Pipe - Down Pipe & FMIC : JB4 Stage 2 : FF Wires : EWG Wires : 40% E85 : XHP Stage 3: E85 BEF

(#4)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 12-04-2019, 09:38 PM

What oil are you running? loosing some oil before while using castrol i switched to Mobil-1 0w40 and havnt had them problem anymore. and im running 24psi on a stage 3.4 big boost turbo

'14 435I RWD MHD "Shoup Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo Spool FX-150 XHP Trans Tune VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe Stage 3 LPFP BMP4 EKP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#5)
Old

Default 12-05-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phataxe
What oil are you running? loosing some oil before while using castrol i switched to Mobil-1 0w40 and havnt had them problem anymore. and im running 24psi on a stage 3.4 big boost turbo

Just the factory reco stuff on stock turbos. Were you also losing oil around the oil pan seal? I mean this is the 3rd time it has happened in the last 2 years i get the low oil warning light.

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-05-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
Thanks P.

i've been looking at those too. However the reason i ask is i always get low oil light right before my next oil change. The tech took pictures of very minor oil leaks around the oil pan seal.

I was trying to use a crank case valve to aliviate pressure seeing as i'm hoping its because i'm running 21 PSI all day and night and thinking its just too much for the seal.

I don't really wanna pay them 1k to fix it nor do the work myself if i don't have to. Not sure if it will help but i would like to try.
Hmm, are you sure it's from the oil pan? That's not too common on a newer car from what I know of, but I could be wrong. Usually more from the oil/valve cover gaskets.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-05-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Hmm, are you sure it's from the oil pan? That's not too common on a newer car from what I know of, but I could be wrong. Usually more from the oil/valve cover gaskets.

Ya i know i haven't heard of it too much on the F32/33 but the tech took pictures and brought them into me. you could def see dried oil around some areas where the oil pan meets the engine and there was even a drip bead near where one of the metal coverings under the car was catching the oil. I jus tthought i was burning up oil cause of having such an aggressive tune for all these months but maybe not.

I never smell burned oil, see any in the engine bay or on the ground in my garage and its not severe a very minor leak idk if the crank case breather would help but like i said i rather spend 100 and try it then put in the wrench time if i have to.