N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default Best tuner - Not looking to break records just want quality - 05-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Well I already blew a few hundred dollar last year after I finished my full MMP install with LSD, PI etc. I CLEARLY stated that I run MHD/BMS/BMS PI. He was all thumbs up, no problem and we spent an hour on the phone... After a handful of files and him recommending I spend almost $2k in more fueling and the car still runs worse than OTS tunes.

Everytime he sent me a file it would be non JB4, then he would talk about how much better it is solo. Great, as explain, I wanted a MHD/JB4 stacked tuner as I have JB4 and JB4 PI.

So, name away, the car has all the goodies, just need a turner and I would prefer one that actually operates as a stand a lone business.

Any recommendations?

'07 e90
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Have you tried our of the shelf hybrid flashes? You should test one and dial it in before looking to pay more and having to wait for revision after revision etc. Load up our flash, make sure all jb4 values are as directed and log on map 1. Post it in the support section with your mods and fuel used and we can further evaluate for you.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Contact Trebila if your trying to tune Jb4/MHD BEF. He's the man you're looking for.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-15-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Have you tried our of the shelf hybrid flashes? You should test one and dial it in before looking to pay more and having to wait for revision after revision etc. Load up our flash, make sure all jb4 values are as directed and log on map 1. Post it in the support section with your mods and fuel used and we can further evaluate for you.

I started fresh there this afternoon, sadly in the last three months of sitting my mosfets died Fixing this and then I will begin to tune with the OTS Backend flashes.

'07 e90
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-15-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
I started fresh there this afternoon, sadly in the last three months of sitting my mosfets died Fixing this and then I will begin to tune with the OTS Backend flashes.
Can't go wrong with the OTS BEF stuff imho.

I bounced around a bit in my early N54 days- mostly flash only tuning w. multiple tuners (no really bad experience) just varying degrees of success.

I switched over to Jb4/BEF- the PI integration was a big draw + the support.

Long story short, Steve & I were able to get my old setup (Pure 2 Hi Flows + JB4 Hybrid-PI- BEF + S2 Buckeltess & DIY PI)- ran 10.9xx @ 133.5 in the 1/4- all with the OTS stuff, and making map 6 FB/DB adjustments after making passes. It's great not having to wait for a revision

Fix those mofsets & lets get to work.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-16-2018, 03:12 PM

I agree with the OTS tune statements above.
I was running a custom tune on my e85 ST 135i until recently and wish I would have tried the OTS maps sooner.
It feels like a completely different car (smoother & more power) and my wife even commented how how much better it felt when she drove it. If it gets the wife's seal of approval, it's sticking around.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2018, 03:55 PM

Post your logs with the the OTS maps and let's see where you stand!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#8)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM

Will do guys! Mosfets arrive today but I am a little worried as none of mine failed the continuity test

'07 e90
(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 05-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Who did you initially use that you had problems with?

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com