Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#352)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 11-01-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel67
Pump BEF on 94 AKI. What other settings you asking about (besides DB which is as above)?
what map are you running on JB4?
3.5bar?
Thanks.

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#353)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-02-2017, 05:07 AM

Pro tuned on map 2 and running maps 2 and 5 for daily. Yes 3.5 Bar TMAP.

E92 335xi
(#354)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 11-02-2017, 08:22 AM

what psi are you running? map 5 tops at around 19 right?

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#355)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Making just under 400bhp at around 17.5 psi. Not sure what map 5 would top out at with better fuel.

E92 335xi
(#356)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Terry, was going through the 1st page. I have played around with my db settings an have gotten clean logs and boost on target with FF learning down to 88 and also as high as 109, depending on d.b. settings used. Is either one more desirable than the other ? Timing, fuel, boost, trims, etc look good with either settings.
(#357)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Have one of the logs to compare? FF is going to move around as weather changes, so that isn't an issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#358)
Old
Legend

Default 11-06-2017, 01:44 PM

No I don't. Deleted all of them 2 days ago as jb4 mobile was on auto log and had way too many logs that were causing confusion. I will start some fresh logs.
(#359)
Old
Legend

Default 11-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Even downshifting it was capturing logs. Terry, for duty bias tuning, 3 pulls are needed ? Or more or less before making any changes ?
(#360)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Just one normally to evaluate it is good enough.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#361)
Old
Legend

Default 11-06-2017, 02:18 PM

Cool, thanx.
(#362)
Old
Legend

Default 11-08-2017, 07:58 PM

Generally speaking, hybrids and port injection. More spray = more timing drops ? Or vise versa ? I have read up on p.i. affecting timing.
(#363)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2017, 08:57 PM

Shouldn't have any effect either way. But more boost = more timing drops, generally speaking.

Burger Motorsports

(#364)
Old
Legend

Default 11-08-2017, 09:23 PM

I was reading up on pi wetting up the plugs. Also some guy was getting timing drops and he swears lowering FOL was the fix for it. Coincidence ?
(#365)
Old
Legend

Default 11-08-2017, 10:27 PM

Or how about pi being an inderect cause ? Is that possible ? Say its not dialed in correctly, could make the cylinder run too rich or too lean and cause timing issues ? Or still NO ?
(#366)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Not come across any evidence for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#367)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 11-20-2017, 01:14 PM

Question regarding these settings for hybrids running JB4 and custom MHD BEF, PI, Fuel It Stage 3 etc.

Should I still be locking the FF and setting duty bias? My tuner did not mention it and I am really getting the feeling he is not a fan of tuning along with the JB4. He seems to be more focused on MHD tune only and I don't want to drop my JB4 and JB4 PI controller.

'07 e90
(#368)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default Turbo or BOV sound - 11-28-2017, 05:07 PM

Hello,
I'm getting a strange surge and sound (almost like a siren) under low or no turbo load (2500-3500 rpm). Sounds like my BOV maybe opening and closing partially. Any thoughts?

Thanks

08 335I JB4, Vargas Stage 2 Hybrids, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, AFE Down, Beluga exhaust , Injen Intake, BMS Meth Inj, BMS OCC, BMS short throw, BMS PCV, VRSF intercooler
(#369)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2017, 10:12 AM

If you need tuning help post a JB4 log of the issue and details in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#370)
Old

Car: 135 N54
Default 12-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Hello, I have a problem with pure stage 2 turbos for n54, is this where I should ask my questions? I do not want to ask things in a tread that has nothing to do with the subject
(#371)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2017, 10:20 AM

You could, or just make a support thread in the support forum with JB4 logs and details.

Burger Motorsports

(#372)
Old

Car: 135 N54
Default 12-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Thanks terry, the problem I have is that I have a lot of lag, in second gear at 4000rpm I accelerate it and it takes 2 seconds to load, when I change the same speed, it takes 2 seconds to reload pressure, I think it was better with the turbos stock ... If you do not go in this tread please move it to where it corresponds terry.
Thank you very much.

09 135 jb4 g5 ISO-pure turbos stage 2-fuel it port meth injection-MHD Race Flash-BMS *********-Active Autowerke 6' fmic-forge diverter valves-n20 tmap-RB inlets-afe stage 2 air filters-CP e charge pipe-Berk street exhaust
(#373)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-15-2017, 06:37 PM

thanks
you means flash map e85 hybride on pumpgas with meth is it right??
(#374)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliano1
Thanks terry, the problem I have is that I have a lot of lag, in second gear at 4000rpm I accelerate it and it takes 2 seconds to load, when I change the same speed, it takes 2 seconds to reload pressure, I think it was better with the turbos stock ... If you do not go in this tread please move it to where it corresponds terry.
Thank you very much.
Just post a log of the issue along with mods and details in the support forum and myself or Steve will check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#375)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-15-2017, 06:47 PM

terry i have question

i am fbo + meth +95oct+ vtt stage2 (20t wheel up) + vtt inlet outlet
what have to flash map?? and how many whp gains do you choose