N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi E90
Exclamation JB4 on N63 non-TU quirks - 05-26-2019, 02:10 PM

Hello everyone,

First off Iím not a pro at tuning. Bought my 2011 550 a year ago and got a JB4 to help out with the power (had a 460whp 2008 335 before). Unfortunately, the motor had problems from poor maintenance from the previous owner and BMW Canada replaced the motor (took them 6 months to do it though). I just gave it itís first oil change this week (oil had no residue) and since everything was fine I installed the JB4 today.

There is a weird quirk though, when I push it hard, there is a weird ę*delay*Ľ between shifts until the power gets put back to the wheels.

I could find the install instructions anymore and the instructions listed on the JB4 page seems to be very specific to the M cars and the JB4 doesnít appear to be the same as mine. I have a bunch or green and purple wires coming from the enclosure and the pictures in the instructions donít (one is a JB4 stage 1 and the other as some weird solenoid connectors which I donít have). I donít remember if those wires were connected at all since itís been a year that I uninstalled it and canít find the old instructions.

Can anyone tell me if these green and purple wires should be connected and if so, were? Diagram or instructions manual could be of help.

All I the connectors I have on my JB4 are:
2 tmap connectors (driver and passenger side
OBDII connector
Bunch of green and purple wires (unconnected since I donít know what they do)
The bluetooth connect dongle

Also, how do I activate the auto-clear for error codes? Got khat-less down pips and the CEL is always on after a couple minutes driving

@Terry if you could chime in it would be awesome
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-26 16_05_56_Map-1.csv (9.2 KB, 10 views)

BMW 550 M-Sport xDrive 2011
JB4 with OBDII connector
Custom exhaust with 3" quad tips and custom D.P.s
ESR RF2 19" wheels
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40R19
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35R19
GPS location alarm system with Tag detection
(#2)
Old

Default 05-26-2019, 02:32 PM

I also have another bug, all the temps in the JB4 app show -17C (thats celsius, in Canada we don’t use farenheits ahah)

That’s for trans, oil, water temps... IAT works fine

JB4 with OBDII connector
ESR RF2 19" wheels
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2019, 03:49 PM

Not all CANbus channels are attached on the N63 firmware. Passive delete is not available in the USA for emissions compliance purposes. The extra wires on your system are no longer used/supported.

The short map1 log itself looks normal to me!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-26-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not all CANbus channels are attached on the N63 firmware. Passive delete is not available in the USA for emissions compliance purposes. The extra wires on your system are no longer used/supported.

The short map1 log itself looks normal to me!
For people that are not in the USA, passive delete isnít available either?
I know that before it was, when the app detected that it was not in the USA it was enabled.

Kind of a bummer, I purchased the JB4 for the power but also the passive delete function. Having known it was a plan to strip that function, I would have gone with another solution

JB4 with OBDII connector
ESR RF2 19" wheels
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2019, 08:57 PM

Outside USA it's an option enabled on the WMI page. You won't see it inside the USA.

There are no other N63 tuning solutions really, other than a couple relatively expensive flash maps. Even flashed though you'll still want the JB4 for fine tuning boost to octane, logging, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.