N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP questions/logs - 05-20-2019, 03:35 PM

I have the stage stage 3 fuel-it LPFP setup with the return fuel pressure regulator, ethanol sensor, and pi setup and recently I noticed my lpfp today is showing really low on my logs which is strange since my air fuel ratio's and trims look good.

Since this is a two pump setup I cant really tell if the cars only doing well durring my pulls because of the second pump turning on from the hobs switch or if the main LPFP's is on its way out and needs to be replaced.

I did check mdh and saw two shadow codes 2AAF and 2FDB, but Iím not quite sure if this is a lpfp issue, or a lpfp sensor issue that failed and is reporting the fuel pressure incorrectly in the logs (if thatís even possible), I figured since these are fuel-it products I should ask on here first before buying a new lpfp to see fuel-it or anyone else has seen the same/similar issue realted to the fuel it stage 3 pump setups.

I've attached two logs. One is long that i took today that shows basic driving, and the other is a pull that started around 3k rpms.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-20 17_54_06_Map-6.csv (473.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-14 14_33_53_Map-6.csv (9.4 KB, 43 views)

2009 335i X-Drive | GC 2.0 Turbos | VTT silicone Inlets | VTT Aluminum Outlets | Fuel It PI with FPR,return line, BMS controller, and flex fuel sensor | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-21-2019, 03:43 AM

Hey.

LPFP pressure does look low, especially up top

Your trims look a bit out of whack too, nearly bottoming out early in the pull.

Shoot us an email- dave@fuel-it.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-24-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey.

LPFP pressure does look low, especially up top

Your trims look a bit out of whack too, nearly bottoming out early in the pull.

Shoot us an email- dave@fuel-it.com
Hey, I emailed you, then got a reply then I emailed back a few times and I havnt heard back in days. Could you or someone else tell me how I can adjust the fuel-it FPR? I cant find any information on it or how to adjust it..

2009 335i X-Drive | GC 2.0 Turbos | VTT silicone Inlets | VTT Aluminum Outlets | Fuel It PI with FPR,return line, BMS controller, and flex fuel sensor | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust
(#4)
Old

Default 06-26-2019, 07:41 PM

Well a month later I can offically say this if finally fixed I gave it a few weeks of driving to make sure it had time to adjust, but it looks like my entire issue was one of the walbro pumps failing, and possabily the venturi contributing to that fail since it was no longer attached to the bottom of the bucket, but floating in the bucket instaed.

Since I never heard back from dave @fuelit for weeks after i created this thread (I would have rather sent it to them to fix and replace the walbro pump) I decided to tackle this all on my own since I have lots of experience with bmw fuel pumps from the early days with my e93 and the diys i made.

I've attached some recent logs to show that its fixed and with basic driving I'm at 71 again (and 80s when the hobb's switch turns on) as well as some photos showing the simple bucket repair of the venturi, and the bucket closed back up with zip ties. I've also attached photos of the pump removed and the pump dual connection piece since I ended up breaking a pump trying to remove it not realizing they were twist off . Thankfully the one I broke was the one I was replacing anyways.

Im not putting this up here to hurt fuel-it as that is not my intention and never was, I'm only putting it up here for anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation with needing to get their car fixed asap and your unable to reach fuel-it for toubleshooting/repair of your stage 3 pump setup.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-26 21_01_38_Map-6_Stop&go.csv (203.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-26 21_24_44_Map-6.csv (11.2 KB, 33 views)

(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-26-2019, 08:11 PM

Glad you got it sorted.

I know we exchanged a few emails, my apologies if i missed a reply in our chain- we get quite a few tech support emails everyday.

If i missed it my mistake- shoot me another one if so inclined or re-forward the one you sent a few weeks ago..I’ve gone through several iPhones over the past 3/4 weeks- lost my original phone in a pool, I’ll double check & make sure i don’t have any weird issues with my email / filters.

Again glad u got it sorted- & sorry if I missed your email

For future reference- here’s our contact link Contact Us

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Last edited by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 06-26-2019 at 08:31 PM..
(#6)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Glad you got it sorted.

I know we exchanged a few emails, my apologies if i missed a reply in our chain- we get quite a few tech support emails everyday.

If i missed it my mistake- shoot me another one if so inclined or re-forward the one you sent a few weeks ago..Iíve gone through several iPhones over the past 3/4 weeks- lost my original phone in a pool, Iíll double check & make sure i donít have any weird issues with my email / filters.

Again glad u got it sorted- & sorry if I missed your email

For future reference- hereís our contact link Contact Us
Thanks, I only received one email from you early on when you were asking me about the hobbs switch and FPR. I eventually figured out to adjust the hobbs switch I adjusted it down from 15psi to maybe 6-8psi since my trims were maxing out around 3k rpms. Next time i do a boost leak test I'll re-adjust it to a certain psi.

I also was able to figure out how to adjust the FPR thanks to youtube videos since my fuel pressure was in the 85's after I swapped in the new pump, so i turned it down a little and reset all my adaptations, now it stays in the 70-75 range when idling and crusing around 75-80. Once i empty my tank of 93 I plan to fill up on e85 and recheck everything again and adjust my FPR as needed.

I'm not mad about you not getting back to me at all because I totally understand that time is $$ and your on here helping everyone for free. I just figured that you must have been busy, something happened, or you took a vacation, so after not hearing back for a week or so I decided that since I tried everything else it was mostly likely the pump or the FPR and since my wife and I both had conflicting schedules the following week I didnt have that much time left to wait so i odered a pump online and tacked the issue myself. Thankfully it was just the pump because otherwise i would have broken a perfectly good walbro pump during my disassembly
Attached Images

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-27-2019, 02:14 PM

Hey- I am glad you got it sorted. I understand everyone is busy and waiting sucks. I get it.

Apologies again, I searched my gmail, and I did find your original e-mail, i hate how gmail sorts messages, they were all out of order- again my fault.

If you need anything else, just let me know or shoot us an email via the contact us page on fuel-it.com- Steve & I both look at that.

Have a nice rest of the week!

BTW- hows the car feel? Based on your mods, it has to be a rocket...

Burger Motorsports