N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xDrive Coupe
Unhappy Leaking index 5 injectors solution - 05-19-2019, 06:04 AM

So the time has come to replace the injectors, theyíre all factory index 5 injectors, I took the car to the dealership but the warranty they put out did not cover me, now Iím wondering before I spend an arm and a leg on my car again, is it possible to use refurbished(used) index 11 injectors? I saw some on eBay, the sellers seem reputable but Iím not sure what to expect, I just wanted to know if this was a good temporary fix at least, I of course know that I have to replace the seals and decouplers. I have 83k miles on the car and donít plan on keeping it much longer.
(#2)
Old

Car: E90-355I
Default 05-19-2019, 09:33 AM

FCP Euro New injectors would be the 'best' way even if you're not 'keeping it much longer' .. Bad injectors can lead to a destroyed head. FCP Euro has a lifetime warranty and I'm a big fan of them.
You could always attempt to have them flow-rebuilt or go the ebay route but FCP you only gonna pay one time for the injectors.
(#3)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-19-2019, 10:10 AM

Refurb or repair of injectors just never works and isn't worth the effort to install IMHO. I got a refurb index 9 and it failed again before the other 5 did. If anything, get used index 12s from a partout or something. Either way make sure they are installed properly with new gaskets and clips.

If you only will keep the car a very short time... well maybe you can get away with just the one to save a few bucks. Theoretically, you could replace it with anything index 10 and below. You cannot mix older with 11+ though.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-19-2019, 12:13 PM

Its funny, I have index 8 or 9 that were run on full E85 with ZERO issues. I had an index 12 fail fro FCP with less than 1k on them giving me super knock codes.
So I added pi, full E85. Had some AFR and trims issues. Replaced all DI injectors only to find out it was the pi injectors. Swapped those. All good. Saved my old set of DI injectors. Before 1k started getting super knock codes. Swapped, coils, plugs, no fix. Swapped the NEW (Less than 1 k fcp ), index 12, problem solved.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Oh, if OP needs them, ill sell them cheap. As I said, zero issues. I swapped them and it was the NEW pi kit that was giving me issues.
P.m. me if interested. Can take pics of all of them. They are safely put away in the boxes that my index 12 came in. Im always willing to help people out, you would be surprised if you p.m. me.

Last edited by THE BEAST; 05-19-2019 at 12:27 PM..