N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default No Fly Zone 4/13/19 Results & Videos - 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Back from another great day of racing in Shafter. Thanks again to Tony Lopez and the crew for putting everything together. Definitely the most "chill" of all of the 1/2 mile events we attend.

This year they changed it up a bit from years past to make it a true standing 1/2 mile event. And while the traps are a bit slower I think it's a much better way to run the event due to the extra stopping distance and consistency with other runway events. Weather was in the 80s most of the day.

BMS was out in full force with a variety of cars, and there was tons of turbocharged cars out. Strong BMW showing and also quite a few Audi too.

I was mostly running around trying to help customers but was able to sneak away from a few pulls in our Audi TTRS. JB4 as the only mod and 30% E85 fuel. It ran 140mph stock but I quickly found out it has a factory speed limiter at around 145mph. I previously thought the limiter was at 155mph but at 145mph the flash target would drop like a rock. Oh well, that's life with base model cars. We'll have to flash it before the next 1/2 mile event to see what it can really do. At 6psi over stock ran 11.2s in the 1/4 which was solid for the conditions. Next event for this car will be 1/4 mile at Famoso in May.

Gil was racing our M4 running JB4+BEF, straight E85, BMS intake, BMS chargepipes. It's a manual trans so a bit of a handful but was consistent around 150mph on map5.

Payam had our 2014 911 out running JB4, E40, Fuel-IT CPI, BMS intake, and ran a best of 163mph. Really solid time for the car considering we kept boost around 21psi peak.

Ando was racing our 2017 Infinity Q50 with JB4, E30, WMI, BMS intake, BMS HE, and managed a best of 141mph. He racked up a few good kills too. Can't wait to see the videos.

Jon was racing our 2018 AMG C63 with JB4, BMS intake, and a race gas mix. Ran a best of 151mph with some really clean looking logs. Next mod coming for this car is an integrated WMI kit!

Payam's cousin brought a 2018 Audi S4 running JB4, E30, WMI, and a Stage1 Pure Turbo, and managed a best of around 142mph at around 25psi.

And of course Adam had his 2015 Z06 manual trans out running around 148mph. Tune and intake only, still running the stock pullies and the Z07 "parachute" spoiler.

We had several customers out too, unfortunately I don't remember everyone's traps. But F90 M5 155mph, E series N55 135mph, F10 M6 PS2 160mph, C43 AWD 142mph, and a couple single turbo cars I didn't get a chance to see. Sadly one of the N54s threw a rod at around 750whp so hopefully it's back faster for next event.

Can't wait to do it again!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-13-2019, 09:37 PM

Thanks Terry!

Had an amazing time out with the Porsche 991.1 Turbo S

Mods are:
BMS JB4 Alpha Tune
BMS Intakes
BMS Y pipe
Fuel-it CPI
IPD Plenum
E50 blend

I did a best of 162.8mph. Took a while for me to get the launch and settings perfect.
Still need some more practice though. I think this car can do 165mph on stock turbos. Hopefully I can do that at SS in 2 weeks

No flash, no methanol, stock trans tune.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 04-17-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Thanks Terry!

Had an amazing time out with the Porsche 991.1 Turbo S

Mods are:
BMS JB4 Alpha Tune
BMS Intakes
BMS Y pipe
Fuel-it CPI
IPD Plenum
E50 blend

I did a best of 162.8mph. Took a while for me to get the launch and settings perfect.
Still need some more practice though. I think this car can do 165mph on stock turbos. Hopefully I can do that at SS in 2 weeks

No flash, no methanol, stock trans tune.
Excellent results ! Did you log AIT ? Might have to try one on my 991.2
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-19-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Excellent results ! Did you log AIT ? Might have to try one on my 991.2
Of course, let me check the IAT that day. Woahhh 125F then would drop once CPI starts to spray.

Oh man, I forgot to post the stock run on 91 only so you can actually see the delta
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Of course, let me check the IAT that day. Woahhh 125F then would drop once CPI starts to spray.

Oh man, I forgot to post the stock run on 91 only so you can actually see the delta
Do you have an AIT run without the CPI ? Supposedly, factory boost cut starts around 122F.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Do you have an AIT run without the CPI ? Supposedly, factory boost cut starts around 122F.
Yup! Here's a log on map 0 (stock with 91 octane)

IAT starts at 109F ends at 139F at the end of the 1/2 mile. Nothing abnormal at all in terms of boost and the log when it goes past 122F
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-22-2019, 01:16 PM

Didn't run your 135i, Terry?

Looks like a fun time! I wonder if they'll change it to a standing half mile at their Midwest event. Either way, I love the NFZ events.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2019, 03:31 PM

No it's sitting in the back of the warehouse where I parked it six months ago. Frankly just too lazy to go rent a trailer and take it anywhere to race.

I've lost the motivation to do anything with it recently given the equally fast cars we have around here like the F90 M5, 911, TTRS, etc. It still needs the stability control system replaced, smaller rear brakes so 15s will fit, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-22-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No it's sitting in the back of the warehouse where I parked it six months ago. Frankly just too lazy to go rent a trailer and take it anywhere to race.

I've lost the motivation to do anything with it recently given the equally fast cars we have around here like the F90 M5, 911, TTRS, etc. It still needs the stability control system replaced, smaller rear brakes so 15s will fit, etc.

This has been on my to-do list for months... Sorry Terry

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-23-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

I'm surprised BMS hasn't bought a trailer! Or that you've bought, and rent to BMS on a monthly basis... would be a great tax write-off

But I feel you, the E82 doesn't feel as stable during fast acceleration at high speeds as the E9X chassis. I'm debating doing the 15" conversion on mine too, but worry that the increased sidewall flex will be more sketchy.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM

The issue is none of us want to store a trailer at our homes and there really isn't a good spot at the office for it. In theory Jon can store it at his home as he has a larger lot a little out of town but we just haven't gotten around to it.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Yup! Here's a log on map 0 (stock with 91 octane)

IAT starts at 109F ends at 139F at the end of the 1/2 mile. Nothing abnormal at all in terms of boost and the log when it goes past 122F
Advantage goes to the 991.1 ! 991.2 starts boost drop at 50C.
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-24-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Advantage goes to the 991.1 ! 991.2 starts boost drop at 50C.
Hopefully I'll get some data on the 991.2 very soon

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 04-24-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Hopefully I'll get some data on the 991.2 very soon
You gonna be racing it may 5th? May have a run for you

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM

We're planning on having it out along with our F90, C63, Stinger, and some other cars. But I think Sticky said he needs to change the date... Waiting to hear what the plan is.

Burger Motorsports