N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: GTI MK7
Default Trouble installing Bluetooth on Older JB4 Box - 02-23-2019, 11:48 AM

Hello,

I have an older version of the JB4 box. I am trying to install my bluetooth adaptor, but I am not certain which color wire to tap for the power cable.
In all the installation videos of the bluetooth performed on newer JB4 boxes, they tap a red wire. Do I need to tap a red wire as well for the older JB4?

Thanks,
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-26-2019, 01:04 AM

Either red wire in the JB4's main DB25 loom should be fine to tap into.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3)
Old

Car: GTI MK7
Default 02-26-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Either red wire in the JB4's main DB25 loom should be fine to tap into.
Thanks! Now if only I hadn't dropped half of my wire tap into the engine bay
(#4)
Old

Car: 2016 M4 N55
Default Trouble connecting my Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to the Bluetooth rev 3 on my jb4 - 03-10-2019, 07:21 PM

I bought a 2016 m4 and it came with a jb4 woith bluetooth but I cant ger mine to connect with my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge .. not sure what I need to do on the app how to set it up so it can sync with the jb4 rev3 it keeps saying cant tine jb4 bluetooth and to turn on location or something like that in the settings on this model app on this phone !? I cant find anything on the app that does this ...? Also I'm not sure if it's hooked up properly or not but because this was all done before I got the car it came with the jb4 tune kit with the Bluetooth rev 3 and intakes and also inject methanol water mixture with the tank also it has this other box black with a red light thaat used to come on not sure what it's for it's connected to the jb4 and the jb4 Rev 3 Bluetooth . also someone could help me how to it pictures up on this page to show you guys would be great help thanks new to this site not sure how to use it.
(#5)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfieboy84
I bought a 2016 m4 and it came with a jb4 woith bluetooth but I cant ger mine to connect with my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge .. not sure what I need to do on the app how to set it up so it can sync with the jb4 rev3 it keeps saying cant tine jb4 bluetooth and to turn on location or something like that in the settings on this model app on this phone !? I cant find anything on the app that does this ...? Also I'm not sure if it's hooked up properly or not but because this was all done before I got the car it came with the jb4 tune kit with the Bluetooth rev 3 and intakes and also inject methanol water mixture with the tank also it has this other box black with a red light thaat used to come on not sure what it's for it's connected to the jb4 and the jb4 Rev 3 Bluetooth . also someone could help me how to it pictures up on this page to show you guys would be great help thanks new to this site not sure how to use it.
Disable BT and wifi, restart device, enable BT, try again.

Check Connect Kit installation. Ensure positap is making a solid connection and that the DB9 connector is secured. Verify the voltage at the positap using a multimeter. Ensure the Connect Kit is as far away from nearby batteries/metals as possible as that can cause interference.

See if a "JB4" device appears in your Android device's Bluetooth menu.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com