N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old

Car: 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Default 05-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Alright, I've attached two more logs. Before recording them, I ran into what I believe was a self-induced software issue. I was making sure I was running the most up-to-date firmware and I somehow managed to get the car to throw two codes that we saw earlier in the winter when the tune was in the early stages of development. I got those cleared with an OBDII scanner and re-uploaded the firmware. MAP 1 felt fine, but MAP 2 didn't go so well. It felt like there was a lot of hesitation, so I cut the pull prematurely.

(I buried the pedal to the floor in MAP 1--hopefully these logs reflect that. MAP 2 gave me the heebie-jeebies, so I don't think I came close to 100% pedal)

I'll send more logs this weekend; my brother will be available. He is a superior driver and does a better job with this stuff. I am, literally, the world's least qualified FK8 owner.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-26 18_18_21_Map-1.csv (8.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-26 18_20_42_Map-2.csv (6.5 KB, 17 views)
(#377)
Old

Car: Honda Civic 1.5L
Cool 05-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Hello Terry, I acquired my jb4 a few months ago, I'm from Mexico and I used map 2 and 3 with 92-93 octane. Jb4 is better than hondata, I beat a friend with hondata and custom tune, I think everything is perfect but they should adjust the maps and be able to use them all with 93 octane gasoline
(#378)
Old

Car: Honda Civic 1.5L
Icon1 05-26-2019, 04:24 PM

It would be perfect also add antilag and more firmware updates. I'm from Mexico and I have the following modifications: intake Injen, down pipe, catback Magnaflow 2.5 inches, Jb4, pedal tuner, Hankook semislicks, Injen intercooler, charge Pipe, blow off
(#379)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFK8
I'll send more logs this weekend; my brother will be available. He is a superior driver and does a better job with this stuff. I am, literally, the world's least qualified FK8 owner.
Yes I see the issue on map2, fuel pressure is crashing. Common typeR issue. So stay on map1 until we can figure out a viable upgrade/work around for the weaker factory high pressure pump.

On codes if a firmware update fails you'll trigger them. No big deal. Just delete them.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#380)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svchondacivic98
Hello Terry, I acquired my jb4 a few months ago, I'm from Mexico and I used map 2 and 3 with 92-93 octane. Jb4 is better than hondata, I beat a friend with hondata and custom tune, I think everything is perfect but they should adjust the maps and be able to use them all with 93 octane gasoline
Glad to hear it's working well! Help spread the word. In terms of features we'll see what we can do. Some changes can only be done on the flash side but others we can do creatively JB4 only.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#381)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM

Question on the throttle tuner, I have custom car mats and to get the peddle to 100% I have to really stand on the peddle, will the pedal tuner help? I know it will improve response.
(#382)
Old

Car: Honda Civic type R
Default 05-28-2019, 05:50 PM

Hi Terry. Picking up my type R tomorrow. Will be purchasing jb4 ASAP. Had it on golf R and it was great. I will be running 98 Ron oct. will adding e85 blend reap any benefits on map 2? And if so how much would you recommend, I understand there is fuel pressure issues with type r. Will you guys be releasing a map 6 for type R?
(#383)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM

With the R the fuel pressure/pump is the real limiting factor so E85 mixtures are probably not going to work well. Maybe try E20, map1, and log, to evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#384)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default 06-02-2019, 06:06 PM

Hello Terry, can you review these files. Honda type R. Map 1, on 94 ontane. Thx
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 12_33_44_Map-1.csv (4.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 18_35_36_Map-1.csv (3.8 KB, 8 views)
(#385)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoTypeR
Hello Terry, can you review these files. Honda type R. Map 1, on 94 ontane. Thx
Short runs but seems OK to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#386)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 06:54 PM

Thx. I'll post a longer one once I can get access to a safe location. Had a quick question regarding Avr Ign and boost displays. Is it normal that they read nothing when paired?
(#387)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2019, 03:12 PM

For TypeR nothing will show under avg ign. Not sure what boost display you are referencing though.

Burger Motorsports

(#388)
Old

Car: Honda civic Type R
Default 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm running map 2 on my type R. i noticed that it seems to have a lag. lets say I'm on second gear pushing around 2500 RPM and punch the throttle down. It feels like its lagging or idk what it is. but once it passes 4k its normal. is this boost lag or maybe my 93 gas? or is this considered boost lag?
(#389)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 07:55 AM

Might be fuel pressure unable to keep up, the R runs in to fuel limitation issues at higher boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#390)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 06-06-2019, 08:45 AM

Recently purchased a Civic Si and should be receiving my JB4 today. I’ve used JB4 on a couple cars in the past (07 335i/n54, 11 335i/N55). Looking forward to the new platform in the honda.

Quick question: not sure if this has been mentioned before.

Will JB4 for the Honda ever be supportive of bigger upgraded turbo applications in the near future and possibly compatible with any sort of backend flashes?

Example: if I were to purchase the PRL turbo upgrade kit

Thanks in advance!

2011 e90 335i
Mods: JB4 ISO stacked with MHD (pump flash, e85 flash and e85 PI/MI flash), Bluetooth connect kit, FF wires, AFE air intake, VRSF Dwn Pipe, BMS Meth kit (50/50 daily-80/20 track), e30-e55 (stock fuel system)
Slow 12.756 @ 110.04 mph (1/4) on
eBay Rear Tires without launching
(#391)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 09:16 AM

Yes the JB4 is fully compatible with all flash maps. We haven't looked in to controlling larger turbo kits yet but open to working with anyone who runs one! The dynamic boost by gear and on the fly mapping and safety systems would be really useful I think.

Burger Motorsports

(#392)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 06-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes the JB4 is fully compatible with all flash maps. We haven't looked in to controlling larger turbo kits yet but open to working with anyone who runs one! The dynamic boost by gear and on the fly mapping and safety systems would be really useful I think.
Awesome. Once Iím able to get the bigger PRL turbo kit, Iíll be in touch. Thanks for the quick reply as always

2011 e90 335i
Mods: JB4 ISO stacked with MHD (pump flash, e85 flash and e85 PI/MI flash), Bluetooth connect kit, FF wires, AFE air intake, VRSF Dwn Pipe, BMS Meth kit (50/50 daily-80/20 track), e30-e55 (stock fuel system)
Slow 12.756 @ 110.04 mph (1/4) on
eBay Rear Tires without launching
(#393)
Old

Car: Honda Civic type R
Default 06-06-2019, 12:30 PM

can you lower fol to 50 on type R. would that help increase fuel pressure or does it not work like that.
(#394)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 08:39 PM

We don't have the fuel connection active on the typeR so it's not going to make a difference. The limit we're dealing with is the factory fuel pressure itself based on how much fluid the pump can flow at high pressure, not a tuning or fuel trim limit.

Burger Motorsports

(#395)
Old

Default 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Short runs but seems OK to me!
Hello Terry, here is a longer run Map1. Also quick Q, do you know where the oil temp, trans yep water temp sensor data is coming from? Where are the sensors located. Do you know... just curious. It's a cool JB4 function
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-05 18_54_03_Map-1.csv (10.7 KB, 9 views)
(#396)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2019, 01:48 PM

Trans temp right now is one of the air intake readings, pre-intercooler I believe.

But oil/water come from the CANbus system so whoever the sensors are on the car.

Map1 log looks good to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#397)
Old

Default 06-07-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Trans temp right now is one of the air intake readings, pre-intercooler I believe.

But oil/water come from the CANbus system so whoever the sensors are on the car.

Map1 log looks good to me.
Thx Terry. Is there a temp reading post intercooler on type R with JB4? Also what's difference between boost and boost 2. It looks to be adding the ECU PSI to Target. They are however different. Why?
(#398)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2019, 09:07 PM

IAT is post intercooler.

Boost is in front of throttle and boost2 is in the manifold. ECU_PSI is the TMAP signal back to the ECU.

Burger Motorsports

(#399)
Old

Car: 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Default 06-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Yes I see the issue on map2, fuel pressure is crashing. Common typeR issue. So stay on map1 until we can figure out a viable upgrade/work around for the weaker factory high pressure pump.

On codes if a firmware update fails you'll trigger them. No big deal. Just delete them.
My apologies for the delay getting back, but thanks for this feedback. I haven't gotten around to doing more logs, but I've had zero issues with MAP 1.

Last edited by CincyFK8; 06-10-2019 at 01:13 AM..
(#400)
Old

Car: Audi A4
Default 06-12-2019, 07:05 PM

I've been using a JB4 in a 2017 Civic Touring CVT for just over a year now. It's been great with zero problems and I'm still impressed with the gains. Running map 2 since January and may give map 3 a try soon.

I enabled FUD bit 7 today to try out the more aggressive pedal boost mapping. I think I feel boost coming on a bit earlier, but I haven't logged anything to be certain. I noticed that on the JB4 app that boost target is staying at 4.0 after I enabled FUD 7, but with FUD 7 disabled, boost target fluctuates when accelerating.