N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 428i
Default BMS JB4 N20 advice - 02-06-2017, 11:56 AM

After reading a ton, I would like to tune my current 428i (should have gotten a 435 I know!) with JB4 stage 2 by BMS. I have a couple of questions regarding this upgrade.

1) 2015 428i F36 uses EWG from what I understand, correct? I can skip step 4 in install guide which is for pneumatic solenoid systems only.
2) How do I go about changing maps? What is this data cable for $30 extra on BMS site? Is this a standard microUSB cable because I have plenty of those lying around. Where do I download the app to change maps and adjust PSI?

This is my first tune, hell this is my first BMW so what might seem obvious to you, may not be so straight forward for a new BMW fan like me.
(#2)
Old

Car: 420i
Default 02-06-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slax
After reading a ton, I would like to tune my current 428i (should have gotten a 435 I know!) with JB4 stage 2 by BMS. I have a couple of questions regarding this upgrade.

1) 2015 428i F36 uses EWG from what I understand, correct? I can skip step 4 in install guide which is for pneumatic solenoid systems only.
2) How do I go about changing maps? What is this data cable for $30 extra on BMS site? Is this a standard microUSB cable because I have plenty of those lying around. Where do I download the app to change maps and adjust PSI?

This is my first tune, hell this is my first BMW so what might seem obvious to you, may not be so straight forward for a new BMW fan like me.

if your car is EWG then theres no need to use PWG patch and i think you should not have that patch anyway if u order the EWG board.

Changing map, the easiest way is to have the BMS Bluetooth Module and link it up with your iphone to have easier access to logging data and change maps.
(#3)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 02-07-2017, 12:45 AM

If you only interested in changing maps you can use the BC button and toggle through the options. Or else you can either do what cckyu suggested.
The Data cable is designed to work with the JB4 and to connect either to a laptop or else with a pad or phone that must be OTG compatible + Dmac's app.

Yes you skip the step showing the PWG connection. Black harness is the EWG connection and you can skip the installation if you will only use map 1 and 2. Or else the EWG is under the engines cover and under the foam you will see.