N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 06-17-2015, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Will do. We're still in the early phases. We sent a few tuners out to start collecting some data but it may take a few weeks for us to finalize the connections being used and firmware.

I'm *really* excited about the boost solenoids. This opens up the tuning to seriously more power especially on meth.
Terry, can u send a set to Singapore Boss. Today I just bolt on my bigger turbo & seem like the adjustment on the meth additive already can affect a lot on the early boost & extra Tq, I can log them thru jb4 mobile easily. There are also a lot of user in the asia, I'm going to test on my timing tonight or tomo....

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 06-17-2015, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Terry, can u send a set to Singapore Boss. Today I just bolt on my bigger turbo & seem like the adjustment on the meth additive already can affect a lot on the early boost & extra Tq, I can log them thru jb4 mobile easily. There are also a lot of user in the asia, I'm going to test on my timing tonight or tomo....
Any info on these turbos ?
(#28)
Old

Default 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM

When will we be able to order this?
(#29)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
+12345. Waiting...........

I think the M3 & M4 guys are much luckily than us, Terry started with M5 & M6 way earlier than them but ended we are still stuck at the present stage. Lol..... Just need to wait.....

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#30)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
+12345. Waiting...........

I think the M3 & M4 guys are much luckily than us, Terry started with M5 & M6 way earlier than them but ended we are still stuck at the present stage. Lol..... Just need to wait.....
I'm sure he is finalizing the last steps to cover overall needs for everyone - from at stock M5 upto FBO and turbos + meth.
I think most people want boost and fuel control to work in configuration with each other to make this a plug and play tune with minor testing/adaption.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
I understand you guys are in a rush to get it. And we're excited to offer it. I ordered in some samples of the circuit board for the boost module which I expect in next week. If all goes to plan we can move in to public BETA shortly after.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I understand you guys are in a rush to get it. And we're excited to offer it. I ordered in some samples of the circuit board for the boost module which I expect in next week. If all goes to plan we can move in to public BETA shortly after.
Would be meet to have within 2 weeks! Vacation!
Did you test the fuel pressure? I saw an old post for the N63 where you did this. I mean, if boost control is sweet with then I guess that is not needed! GL on letting all go after the plan.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2015, 05:43 PM

We don't have the sensors installed on our M5 but I know it's compatible with the board and can code it up. I'll code it up just for you. Have fun reaching the sensors though. It's a real chore. The FF harnesses are $35 each on our site. You'll need two of them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#34)
Old

Default 06-27-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
We don't have the sensors installed on our M5 but I know it's compatible with the board and can code it up. I'll code it up just for you. Have fun reaching the sensors though. It's a real chore. The FF harnesses are $35 each on our site. You'll need two of them.
Wow coming along very well, T pls allocate some for Singapore Boss too.

Here we are waiting for it too, can start to count down now......��

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#35)
Old

Default 06-28-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Well, can I say anything else than - YOU the man
(#36)
Old

Car: M5
Default 06-29-2015, 10:15 AM

Terry, can u please explain how much more power we can expect on 93 with this jb4 over stage1 assuming no clutch upgrades?
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2015, 10:18 AM

On that, its too early to say. Anywhere from 0 to a lot.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 02:06 AM

Any news on when this is ready to be shipped? I'm off to vacation next friday
(#39)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 06-30-2015, 08:10 AM

JB4 by itself doesn't generate more power (other than RPM controlled boost) correct - its the BCM that uncorks things ?
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
JB4 by itself doesn't generate more power (other than RPM controlled boost) correct - its the BCM that uncorks things ?
Right. The JB4 itself only allows better logging and diagnostics, and mapping on engine speed, pedal input, gear, etc. But not more power.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Right. The JB4 itself only allows better logging and diagnostics, and mapping on engine speed, pedal input, gear, etc. But not more power.
Huh? How about to control the boost solenoids? Doesn't that increase power on the new JB4?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2015, 05:25 PM

Adding in the boost control module along with the JB4 opens up a lot more power potential than JB4 only or Stage1.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Adding in the boost control module along with the JB4 opens up a lot more power potential than JB4 only or Stage1.
Sound more right on what we are all waiting for 👍👍👍

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#44)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
What is the reasoning for this on pump gas?
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM5
What is the reasoning for this on pump gas?
More boost means more power. And with the JB4's CANbus you can monitor knock, AFR, etc, and ensure those gains are applied safely for whatever fuel you're using.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 07-01-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
More boost means more power. And with the JB4's CANbus you can monitor knock, AFR, etc, and ensure those gains are applied safely for whatever fuel you're using.
Lol..... The next question will be when can we enjoy it? Lol......

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#47)
Old

Default 07-01-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
If Jb4 w/boost makes noticeably more power over my currently installed stage 1 on pump gas I will purchase it, otherwise no point.
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Not much has happened in the last week on the development front. Waiting for the prototype BCM PCBs so I can solder a few up and continue development. Our development car has a nest of soldered up wires, diodes, resistors, and MOSFETs right now, acting as the BCM.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 07-01-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Not much has happened in the last week on the development front. Waiting for the prototype BCM PCBs so I can solder a few up and continue development. Our development car has a nest of soldered up wires, diodes, resistors, and MOSFETs right now, acting as the BCM.
Can I borrow that version :-)
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2015, 04:55 PM

The PCBs showed up so I threw one together. I'll install it on our development car this week to verify it works as expected. We'll add some loom to the harness to clean it up a bit.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports