N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1651)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 05-12-2019, 12:37 AM

I tried it and everything worked well. Power was down in upper rpm band as boost tappers down with DME and offset settings. I ended up going back to my original setup.

What I noticed was that the IAT seems like the likely issue. My temps are going to 120+ and DME is reacting negatively to that. I may need to mess with IAT Spoof to adjust down since WMI is actually lowering it past the sensor.

BMS... Any suggestions on this?
(#1652)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 330e - 2001 Honda S2000 - 1990 BMW 735i
Default 05-12-2019, 06:08 AM

I'm trying to figure out which firmware and map I should be running on a fully stock 2016 330e (with essentially the B48 engine from the 320i) running on 93 octane (98 RON in Europe).

Am I correct in saying I need to use firmware V11 and Map 1 or max 2?
(#1653)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 05-12-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
I tried it and everything worked well. Power was down in upper rpm band as boost tappers down with DME and offset settings. I ended up going back to my original setup.

What I noticed was that the IAT seems like the likely issue. My temps are going to 120+ and DME is reacting negatively to that. I may need to mess with IAT Spoof to adjust down since WMI is actually lowering it past the sensor.

BMS... Any suggestions on this?
BMS can comment but I thought the IAT spoof only raises IAT to try to get some higher boost targets.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1654)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
BMS can comment but I thought the IAT spoof only raises IAT to try to get some higher boost targets.
It should be lowering IATs to increase timing. Boost on map 7 is additive of map 3, but acts like absolute from what I see. Thus, boost stays constant in my logs, but timing decreases as IATs increase to reduce potential knock. DME Boost reduction only kicks in if there's a trim, AFR, overboost, knock, etc. Only sign of intervention I see is timing. When it drops out, power drops significantly.
(#1655)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
It should be lowering IATs to increase timing. Boost on map 7 is additive of map 3, but acts like absolute from what I see. Thus, boost stays constant in my logs, but timing decreases as IATs increase to reduce potential knock. DME Boost reduction only kicks in if there's a trim, AFR, overboost, knock, etc. Only sign of intervention I see is timing. When it drops out, power drops significantly.
Maybe. Need BMS to comment how it works. Or you could just try the BEF, which will happily let you make as much boost as you want (assuming EWG harness) while adding fuel to help with timing. Agree that high iats are an issue but I think itís because the DME adds boost to compensate for less dense air, which might have the negative effect on timing you observe.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#1656)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-17-2019, 11:54 PM

Terry have you got a hold of the new M340 yet? I’m wondering what the JB4 can do for this car since it already has over 380hp. And also i believe it’s the same engine has the previous model?? I ask because it might be my next car when i return the Q50

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#1657)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 05-18-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Terry have you got a hold of the new M340 yet? Iím wondering what the JB4 can do for this car since it already has over 380hp. And also i believe itís the same engine has the previous model?? I ask because it might be my next car when i return the Q50
Its the same great engine, but some of the components are different.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#1658)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Terry have you got a hold of the new M340 yet? Iím wondering what the JB4 can do for this car since it already has over 380hp. And also i believe itís the same engine has the previous model?? I ask because it might be my next car when i return the Q50
Not yet in house but I'm sure we'll be able to improve it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1659)
Old

Car: 2018 540xi
Default 05-18-2019, 03:15 PM

What is the latest firmware for the B58 ? I see some post talking about BMW_B48_B58_12_V3. I can only find 11 on the first page of this forum

Thanks

Kevin
(#1660)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 05-19-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not yet in house but I'm sure we'll be able to improve it!
Yeah thatís what Iím waiting to see. Would the back end flash be compatible for it as well? Really looking to get this car as my next lease if i could get a good deal for it.

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#1661)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck
What is the latest firmware for the B58 ? I see some post talking about BMW_B48_B58_12_V3. I can only find 11 on the first page of this forum

Thanks

Kevin
v13 is the latest, it's in the BEF thread currently: B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1662)
Old

Car: BMW F34GT 328
Default 05-21-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Is it possible to use v13 without BEF?
(#1663)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i lci
Default 05-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Can I use this new firmware without bef on b48?
(#1664)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#1665)
Old

Car: BMW M140i 2018 EU6
Smile B58 M140i 2018/9 model JB4 update? 🤕 - 05-24-2019, 01:33 AM

Hello Everyone, can somebody please advise where I can find the correct / best update for my BMW M140i 2018/9 Euro 6 with PPF exhaust and Iím in the uk

Going out my head here lol

Thanks Gareth
(#1666)
Old

Car: 2018 X3 M40i
Default 05-25-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Yes
Terry so even without the BEF v13 for us would have the new map schemes? Meaning map4 would be an in between of 3 and 5 still? Also does the aggressive ff learning work on non BEF cars?
(#1667)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 05-28-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth4803
Hello Everyone, can somebody please advise where I can find the correct / best update for my BMW M140i 2018/9 Euro 6 with PPF exhaust and Iím in the uk

Going out my head here lol

Thanks Gareth
Use this one, follow the link : https://www.n54tech.com/forums/attac...8&d=1557076291

This is the latest version. I have used this without the BEF and now running with the BEF, i am also in the UK, it runs well with our higher Octane Petrol/Gas, DO NOT PUT THE CHEAP CRAP PETROL/GAS IN YOUR CAR...
(#1668)
Old

Car: BMW 320 lci B48
Default 05-28-2019, 02:38 PM

Hello.
What is AFR on B48 on map3 (20 psi)? I have 12.5-11.8, is this normal?
v9

v11 / v12 / v13 do not work on B48.
(#1669)
Old

Car: n55
Default 06-10-2019, 04:31 AM

Are EWG wires needed for any of the additive boost maps?
(#1670)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 06-10-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc67065
Are EWG wires needed for any of the additive boost maps?
EWG wires arenít technically needed for any maps but are useful if you really want to dial in the boost esp on map 6 or 7

(#1671)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 09:11 AM

EWG connection is suggested for maps 6+ or if using a back end flash map. For maps 1-5 not really needed unless there is a unique situation where you need extra wastegate control.

Burger Motorsports

(#1672)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 01:36 AM

Terry... Can you provide some details about IAT Spoofing for WMI users? Specifically, is it only active when WMI is active? Does it lower IAT evenly across the pull or is it progressive? (Map 5 looks progressive) What's your recommendation for WMI users? Does it show in IAT immediately and is there a way to see actual? Is the setting in degrees? ( Ie: 20 drops it 20 degrees) Is usage just setting FUD 2 and entering value in 6cyl timing? Is 6cyl timing still active if we use spoof.

There's more questions around it and it may be best to add to the first posts. I've searched and didn't find these specifics, but I did see many asking about how to use it, why/when to use it and what it really does. Thanks for your time.
(#1673)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 09:51 AM

Normally you'd leave it off (6cyl = 0). It's just a tool we use sometimes when logs indicate it might be helpful in one way or another. Given the recent developments with our back end flash it's less useful because we can make the changes more directly in the flash map itself now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1674)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Normally you'd leave it off (6cyl = 0). It's just a tool we use sometimes when logs indicate it might be helpful in one way or another. Given the recent developments with our back end flash it's less useful because we can make the changes more directly in the flash map itself now.
Looks like I need to bite the bullet and get the flash. Lol. Is it still in beta or mostly dialed in? Obviously, as we learn more we update it, just wondering where it currently stands. Thanks.
(#1675)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 06-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Sorry terry 1 more question though, I just realized you said if fud6 is turned off v13 acts as v11 with the same map guide, except I just noticed v11 map guide has valet mode on map 4, but valet mode on v13 is map 8?