N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default Cut or ripped wires off black box under intake. Mod or mistake? - 05-19-2019, 10:01 PM

The previous owner of my car did most of the modifications so I have honestly no clue if this is something I messed up or if it's something he did intentionally. I don't personally run E85 so it's not hooked up but there is a Fuel It Throttle Body Injection installed on the car, a Hobbs switch, an ethanol sensor + display in the center console, Stage 2 LPFP and then it's FBO on top of that. No meth as far as I'm aware.

I'm in the middle of replacing the motor with a used one but I can't tell if this was just cut on an angle intentionally or if it was ripped somehow during the engine removal. I was pretty gentle during the removal, I would be surprised if I somehow ripped these wires. I looked all over to find another wire that was stripped just like it that it should connect to but I couldn't find anything. I'm wondering if maybe the other wires are connected to something instead.

Or does anyone have any idea where these wires were supposed to lead to so I can maybe track it down?

Edit: One more thing, I don't have that wire carrier up by the cowl. It's actually kinda clean. I'm 99% sure I don't have an M3 cowl. Just that wire carrier is nowhere to be found

Last edited by nissubaru; 05-19-2019 at 10:08 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 07 e92 n54 335i
Default 05-20-2019, 07:11 AM

Catch Can installed?

If it's a Yellow wire and a Brown wire...seems to be the wires for the PCV heater Element
(#3)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 05-20-2019, 07:21 AM

My man! That makes a ton of sense, I haven't the slightest clue where my PCV heater element is. I have relocated inlets and no diverter valve hoses/vent to atmosphere.

Thanks for confirming.