(#26)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 11-30-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bait
I'll make this even easier for your customers:

Adding cold-start by using your normal XDF, and the FF XDF:
1) Open your backend with the XDF for your DME version and modify "fuel (start)" to generally match the large table posted above, doesn't have to be identical (or copy/paste from attached xls sheet), save the .bin
2) Now, use the FlexFuel XDF available here https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs instead of the normal XDF, and modify the "warm-up enrichment factor" to match values above for the small table (again you may copy/paste from the xls sheet attached), save the .bin
3) Flash your new backend and profit by not being late when it gets chilly anymore because your car will now start perfectly every time.
4) Buy me a beer with all the extra money you will be making.

*NOTE* Do not change other tables using the FlexFuel XDF unless you know what you're doing, only change the "Warm-up enrichment factor".

Alternate method, adding tables to your normal XDF:
If you want to add the table to the normal XDF, I also attached a .txt with I8 and IJ addresses, add these to your XDF file and then you don't need to use the FF XDF to change the single table. If you want me to do all the work for you I will but I'll charge you something for it. Enjoy ya'll
ty!

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:

1) Open your backend with the XDF for your DME version and modify "fuel (start)" to generally match the large table posted above, doesn't have to be identical (or copy/paste from attached xls sheet), save the .bin
2) Now, use the FlexFuel XDF available here https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs instead of the normal XDF, and modify the "warm-up enrichment factor" to match values above for the small table (again you may copy/paste from the xls sheet attached), save the .bin
3) Flash your new backend and profit by not being late when it gets chilly anymore because your car will now start perfectly every time.

*NOTE* Do not change other tables using the FlexFuel XDF unless you know what you're doing, only change the "Warm-up enrichment factor".

If you want to add the table to the normal XDF, I also attached a .txt with I8 and IJ addresses, add these to your XDF file and then you don't need to use the FF XDF to change the single table. If you want me to do all the work for you I will but I'll charge you something for it. Enjoy ya'll
Thanks. I'll test these changes later today and add them to the E85 back end flash maps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Thanks Justin! Looking forward to Terry throwing this coding in the BEFs so I can flash it up. These 20 degree mornings running full E85 have been rough.
Got it added so if you want to test just email me the name of your BEF and I can forward the right one for testing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-30-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Got it added so if you want to test just email me the name of your BEF and I can forward the right one for testing.
Sent!

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#30)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 11-30-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

2017 M3 ZCP
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 12:48 PM

Would be nice to get these tables in the S55 XDF... I don't think anyone has found them yet though?

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-30-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Would be nice to get these tables in the S55 XDF... I don't think anyone has found them yet though?
I'll have to bring my 335i so we can reflash it

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 12-03-2018, 08:57 AM

Loaded up the BEF with the updated tables earlier this morning. It was about 40 degrees this morning, so not the coldest of temps (yet) for testing, but fired up right up with no hesitation and no stumbles afterwards on E65 fuel.

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2018, 09:47 AM

For those who want to help test, I added the changes to the public IJE0S E85 maps:

12/03/18 Map Release

1) Added v8bait's cold start tables to all IJE0S E85 back end flash maps, should improve cold starts on E85 fuels. If all goes well we will port the same changes over to the other ECU versions.
2) Various tuning changes, new maps added, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Loaded up the BEF with the updated tables earlier this morning. It was about 40 degrees this morning, so not the coldest of temps (yet) for testing, but fired up right up with no hesitation and no stumbles afterwards on E65 fuel.
Now if I can only get that for my M4 lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2018, 10:14 AM

I know we need the S55 tables for these. I'll go harass Martial.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
For those who want to help test, I added the changes to the public IJE0S E85 maps:

12/03/18 Map Release

1) Added v8bait's cold start tables to all IJE0S E85 back end flash maps, should improve cold starts on E85 fuels. If all goes well we will port the same changes over to the other ECU versions.
i Have IJE0S and run his tune with cold start and has been good,no hesitation or stumble,if that helps.

E90 335i Auto, Cold Weather, & Sports Prem. Package, Navigation
Mods
: JB4/MHD, ACF ST, Precision T/S 6062, AD-Eng Mounts, Precision RaceWorks Stg 3+LPFP, //HPF Exhaust Titanium Tips, Custom HighLow OCC, Precision RaceWorks Coils,RACE InterCooler, Custom Meth Kit, Justin(v8Bait)Tuning
(#39)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 08:23 AM

Excellent work.

Last edited by chadillac2000; 12-04-2018 at 09:59 AM..
(#40)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Wow, that's pretty awesome!

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 12-04-2018, 02:40 PM

There doesn't need to be any more testing. We finished all that a year ago. You guys should pay the man for the immense amount of time and energy he put into this when no other tuners could touch it.

https://youtu.be/aCcujsRFE7g
https://youtu.be/wtwPehLY4d4
https://youtu.be/mr1YRRLYP28
(#42)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 09:32 AM

Yeah, I'd say this is a wrap. With a dusting of snow on the bonnet, and a temperature of 25 degrees this morning on E65 -- results were identical to yesterday that I posted up.

V8Bait, thanks again! You've made my mornings just a little bit easier.

(#43)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 12-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I find it takes about 30-45 min for my wastegate to warm up enough to not stick and overboost me on even the lightest of throttle!
(#44)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 12-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd say this is a wrap. With a dusting of snow on the bonnet, and a temperature of 25 degrees this morning on E65 -- results were identical to yesterday that I posted up.

V8Bait, thanks again! You've made my mornings just a little bit easier.
Yeah, when you go outside in sub zero temps and your car doesn't start on full e85, forcing you to ride the Huffy to work in the snow, you do reconsider the race car lifestyle. You might even consider things like "pump gas". Luckily for you that will no longer be the case and your life can now be enriched by more important things, like sitting in traffic from the accidents on frozen roads, and having no excuses for why you're late getting home to your wife.

Cheers
(#45)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I know we need the S55 tables for these. I'll go harass Martial.
Has there e85 cold start tables been added to all computers
(#46)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 05-15-2019, 07:06 PM

No issues with cold start here, F80Paul Custom Tuned on BM3 I started up even in 11F in winter Full E85

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | BM3 Custom F80Paul E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"
-HCP E60 60-130 7.4s w/ CTS Turbo D.P 6.90s
-HCP E40 60-130mph 7.7s w/ CTS D.P
-BM3 E30 OTS 60-130mph 7.8s
WR X4 M40i CTSTurbo D.P/FMIC BM3 STG2 93 4.19s 0-60 | 12.4@109mph 1/4 m

@bootmod3nyc
(#47)
Old

Car: 2009 335i e92
Default 05-16-2019, 01:15 PM

hmm oddly i only have e85 stumbles when its hot lol

2009 335i e92 n54 | FBO | JB4 | e85 flash |