N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 17 M3 ZCP
Default Brought car in for service - somethings not right. - 03-24-2019, 06:46 PM

I had to bring my car in last week because my horns went out. It took them a week to fix and it turned out to be the horn module?? No clue... Anyway, my car is definitely not right now. The exhaust seems much quieter and it feels like the power could be down by about 10%. I don't know where the horns are located and what they had to remove to get to them - but does anyone have any suggestions?? The exhaust might be the most noticeable difference. The blups are much quieter than before. Sounds like it's in sport mode instead of sport plus but it's obviously not.

I have a 2017 ZCP with BMS intakes and JB4 on Map 1 for reference. I've really never really messed around with the app on my phone other than changing the maps. Not sure how to do anything else with it.

**Update** Someone on another forum suggested logging a run in 4rth gear from 2,000rpm to 6000 and then a little through 5th as well. Just went to do this and noticed as soon as I got on it that a blue bar came across the top of the screen and said "Switching to Map 4 Saftey Mode".

**Second Update** I figured that when they installed the new module they would have flashed everything which probably wiped out the firmware in the JB4. Downloaded the latest firmware and went for another run - no safety mode this time - but still notably quieter exhaust.

Please help.

Last edited by kjb914; 03-24-2019 at 07:25 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 03-24-2019, 07:42 PM

Link to your BP thread: Brought my tuned M3 in for service, got it back a week later, and something’s “off”

2017 M3 ZCP