N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 09 bmw e92 335i
Default New member, bmw owner & fan of the N54😎 - 03-05-2019, 01:22 PM

What’s up guys! Just kinda wanted to introduce myself and throw a little background in since If I can’t find it with a search I’ll probably be asking for help when sh!t goes South Im coming over from LS1tech for the time being in light of recent “ events”*♂️ and I gotta say I’m digging my new platform and online support and $/hp is not too shabby. There’s been a bit of a Learning curve but I love HP so I’m like a sponge right now LOL.

Long story short, a month ago I stabbed the throttle in my previous ride. 2001 Pontiac Ram Air Trans Am and threw a rod out of the side of the block at 188,000 miles are RIP �� (funny part is first time I went to record anything in months so I got it on video actually, sounds like glass breaking then me dropping a F-bomb lol. It was a Speedo shot, I was talking converters earlier with a buddy about flash vs. stall rpm I was attempting to record what my converter flashed to from a 2nd gear roll and Boom went the Dynamite. FML. it was pretty much full bolt on with. 3800 stall, 3.73’s and drag radials so it is was pretty quick out of the hole and I didn’t loose many random traffic light races but it was only a 12.5 @ 110 in the quarter car @3400lbs with a best )60’ of 1.8.

Funny thing is I’ve had the T/A 13 years but I’m pretty sure the beemers faster already and I’ve had it 2 1/2 weeks, going from bone stock to almost fbo and a jb4 tune, It helps I’ve been using cars as a distraction from all the BS I’m currently trying not to deal with lol. So I put everything I bought, yes 90% eBay and Amazon, I try to pick legit brands when the price difference makes it within my realm but I’m not rich and a 3” SS pipe is a 3”SS pipe

So back to what brings me over.... I did what any logical gearhead would do... Figured out how much money I have to blow and did a Google search of the fastest cars you could buy for that much money, I think it gave me a list of five and 335 I was the obvious winner IMO. I must say I’m quite impressed I don’t know if it’s because I’m in California and they suck over here with smog but I never even knew these 335’s could even make the hp they can, let alone do it so easily and fairly cheaply too which is surprising... I had the Trans Am for 13 years and put 120,000 HARD miles on it myself with lots of street racing wot pulls at least 1 or 2 pretty much every time I drove it and I don’t think I ever Caught one run with a 335 ��

So anyways I picked up the car 2 weeks ago, i plan on throwing a junkyard 5.3 and a eBay turbo kit on the T/A still but I needed wheels asap so the new Toy is a 2009 335i, coupe, auto @ 110k mi. In BSM. picked it up For $10k it has Airlift suspension, a M-tech style front splitter/bumper cover thing on 18” stockers.
It took a minute and for me to make it my own but after my pulls last night it’s definitely grown on me, it’s not as “mean” looking as a ram air T/A but it is a sweet ride and other car guys definitely notice it Now. I put together a few pictures because it’s just better then reading right? And then I’ll post the pulls from last night because I got a ses light of course, already ordered the in line pump but I’m a newb to bmw’s, boost, and tuning said boost so if anyone wants to throw in their 2 cents I’m a humble guy and it’s more then welcome.

Last edited by 01WS.666; 03-05-2019 at 01:32 PM..
(#2)
Old

Default 03-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Hmmm... the pictures didn’t post ��*♂️
(#3)
Old

Default 03-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Here’s the old ride

Some Carnage Shots:

First pics of the 335i

Parts orderes, almost all installed except the oil cooler, the splitters junk, and the brake caliper decals,

And how she looks Now

(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 535xi
Default 03-19-2019, 07:42 PM

any advise on installing a M5 rear differential onto a 2008 535xi and if its possible and worth it. is there a alternative method for a better rear response and do i need to update the front differential? let me know.

Nubeemer
2008 BMW 535xi