N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3951)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 01-14-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-J-Knight
Maybe worth making a specific thread for this but anyway, if your ODBII is really disconnecting then the JB4 will be losing visibility of multiple ECU parameters/sensor values that it needs to operate. It won't have any idea of what RPM you are at, water temps, trims, afr etc which will most likely cause you to drop into map 1 (if you are not running that already).

Probably worth checking the cable connection at both the ODBII port and the cable connector in the engine bay to make sure they are both properly seated.
Thanks @Andy-J-Knight

I notice there is a very small amount of "play" where the OBD cable connects in to the small JB4 harness. I wonder if others have noticed this.

I sprayed contact cleaner, and "pulled" the connected cables together with zip ties to stop movement - could be as simple as that.

If it resolves the issue (no issue so far) I may replace the connectors with something a little more robust.
(#3952)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjarrodcthompson
Hi guys, first time post.

Q. Is there a way via the Phone app (or windows for that matter) to confirm that the OBD connector is connected and functioning with the JB4? Can't seem to find a status.

I have had intermittent issues with the OBD data showing up in the app. I'm not really sure why (all my kit is only a couple of months old - Kia Stinger GT) - nor what impact this actually has other than logging.
If RPM is showing in app then OBDII is making good contact.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3953)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 01-15-2021, 09:02 AM

So how accurate is the E85 gauge/meter and how should it be read? If I am running an E30 blend on my Elantra Sport for Map 3 use should it read 30 to help me see if I added the right amount of E85?
(#3954)
Old

Car: 2016 Kia Forte5 SX
Default 01-17-2021, 06:29 PM

Hello, this is my first post here so I will just cut to the chase:

I have a 2016 kia 1.6t with a 6MT

I purchased my jb4 used and installed it yesterday.

I was able to get everything hooked and in operation, got the app installed, connected to the box, set the map 1 and drove around a bit and took a lot, switched to map 2 and repeated the same steps.

When I got home I don't see any logs in the app and when I do a "mail all" only the mod list comes attached.

Speaking of mods, my exhaust still has the oem ******** and both cats (no resonator+muffler delete) so I am thinking that's going to hold back everything else. I have an intake, hot pipe resonator delete, and throttle spacer, plus the m45xl plugs and a catch can. I'm not trying to blow anything up so is there a point to running the map2 without an aftermarket down pipe?

Aside from those two concerns it's a great experience so far. Installation was a breeze and the app is easy to use. Thanks
(#3955)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 01-17-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
So how accurate is the E85 gauge/meter and how should it be read? If I am running an E30 blend on my Elantra Sport for Map 3 use should it read 30 to help me see if I added the right amount of E85?
It's pretty close.
(#3956)
Old

Default 01-17-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500excf
Hello, this is my first post here so I will just cut to the chase:

I have a 2016 kia 1.6t with a 6MT

I purchased my jb4 used and installed it yesterday.

I was able to get everything hooked and in operation, got the app installed, connected to the box, set the map 1 and drove around a bit and took a lot, switched to map 2 and repeated the same steps.

When I got home I don't see any logs in the app and when I do a "mail all" only the mod list comes attached.

Speaking of mods, my exhaust still has the oem ******** and both cats (no resonator+muffler delete) so I am thinking that's going to hold back everything else. I have an intake, hot pipe resonator delete, and throttle spacer, plus the m45xl plugs and a catch can. I'm not trying to blow anything up so is there a point to running the map2 without an aftermarket down pipe?

Aside from those two concerns it's a great experience so far. Installation was a breeze and the app is easy to use. Thanks
It's not being held back.

You are knock limited not flow limited. Address the low ignition advance and you'll make more power.

No problems sending logs to myself. Have you tried rebooting the phone?
(#3957)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
The virtual sensor can be calibrated using the virtual offset until it hovers around a known mixture like E10 (pump gas) or E30 based on a gallons mixture calculator. It's never going to be 100% accurate but gets you in the ballpark. We've only really tested it on the Stinger 3.3L models though. Other models, we'll have to see how the logic works.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3958)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N performance pack
Default 01-18-2021, 12:07 PM

Does the boost by gear work with 6 speed manual models? Specifically asking for a 2020 Veloster N.

The car has a gear indicator in the cluster that displays the gear after it moves in gear a bit, I'm guessing it's calculating the gear based on RPM vs wheel speed and doesn't have a physical gear position switch.
(#3959)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2021, 03:56 PM

For the manual trans since we're not reading it off the transmission itself, it reverts to boost by speed. At least for now. Later I think we will be able to read gear off the cluster, would just need to get a manual N in the office for a few days to figure it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#3960)
Old

Default 01-18-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the manual trans since we're not reading it off the transmission itself, it reverts to boost by speed. At least for now. Later I think we will be able to read gear off the cluster, would just need to get a manual N in the office for a few days to figure it out.
You know the drill. It's available (just got it back from the dealer) just let me know and I drop it off like last time.
(#3961)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 01-18-2021, 09:37 PM

Is there any detailed user documentation for the JB4?

I see logging parameters, install guides, troubleshooting etc.. but I can't seem to find a user guide. My specific need at the moment is understanding how MAP 6 works. I can't seem to locate any documentation other than its a "user map". Also how to enable beta features like throttle mapping and map switching via indicator stork etc...

Thanks!
(#3962)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT1
Default 01-20-2021, 04:44 AM

What is the click that I feel when I push the gas pedal all the way to the floor? This is 2020 stinger GT2 . Traded in my 2019 GT1 and I never felt that that little click in it.
(#3963)
Old

Car: Fk2 Civic Type R
Default 01-20-2021, 06:04 AM

Maybe triggers kickdown?

Honda Fk2 Civic Type R | JB4 | Injen Air Intake | Scorpion Exhaust | Shadow Chrome Rota PWR's
(#3964)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT1
Default 01-20-2021, 06:20 AM

Yeah I was just curious because I didn’t feel that in my pedal on the GT one. Was wondering if anybody else had noticed this. Also FYI I purchased this car from Rusty Wallace this was his demo
(#3965)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
You know the drill. It's available (just got it back from the dealer) just let me know and I drop it off like last time.
Thanks when I have some time I'll drop you a note on this.

Burger Motorsports

(#3966)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjarrodcthompson
Is there any detailed user documentation for the JB4?

I see logging parameters, install guides, troubleshooting etc.. but I can't seem to find a user guide. My specific need at the moment is understanding how MAP 6 works. I can't seem to locate any documentation other than its a "user map". Also how to enable beta features like throttle mapping and map switching via indicator stork etc...

Thanks!
All published information is in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#3967)
Old

Car: 2021 Stinger GT1
Default 01-20-2021, 05:51 PM

Can the wiper be set to change maps if you are using the PC data cable? All of the posts I could find just show how to set this in the mobile app, I couldn't find anywhere to set this in the PC version.

Thanks!
(#3968)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 01-20-2021, 06:33 PM

Under WMI Tab, External output

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis0424
Can the wiper be set to change maps if you are using the PC data cable? All of the posts I could find just show how to set this in the mobile app, I couldn't find anywhere to set this in the PC version.

Thanks!
(#3969)
Old

Car: 2021 Stinger GT1
Default 01-20-2021, 07:33 PM

Thanks!
(#3970)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 01-21-2021, 11:06 AM

Terry, DWP is Duty Wastegate Pos?

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#3971)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
Terry, DWP is Duty Wastegate Pos?
Yes that is the lagfix adjustment parameter.

Burger Motorsports

(#3972)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 01-21-2021, 12:09 PM

This is a mechanical feature built into the pedal. It is drive by wire so there is no kick down. Everything is electronic to include when and how the transmission shifts, and when and how much the throttle opens up. I've pulled my pedal out on several occasions for various reason and pondered the same thing... Why is this here? My guess is to put that slight pause in the users input to keep it from going full pedal when not necessary. I have a video of this on my IG page. My IG is identical to this name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason466
What is the click that I feel when I push the gas pedal all the way to the floor? This is 2020 stinger GT2 . Traded in my 2019 GT1 and I never felt that that little click in it.
(#3973)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default Today, 04:51 AM

Terry, You had stated that you were, "...moving v22 in to production firmware soon, but with the lagfix setting disabled. "
why have you decided to not include lagfix?
Will it be added in an upcoming production firmware for the 3.3 turbo Stinger soon?
(#3974)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertStingerCO
Terry, You had stated that you were, "...moving v22 in to production firmware soon, but with the lagfix setting disabled. "
why have you decided to not include lagfix?
Will it be added in an upcoming production firmware for the 3.3 turbo Stinger soon?
v22 is production firmware now. lagfix is disabled by default but remains a user adjustable option. To enable you'll need to manually raise the DWP setting above 0.

We left it that way as a few customers have reported random fault codes and idle issues with it we'll need to chase down. So people can enable it if they want to try it and disable it just as quickly if they encounter an issue.

Burger Motorsports