JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: TCROSS 250 1.4 TSI
Default JB4 TCROSS 1.4 TSI STG4 FLEX - 06-18-2022, 05:20 PM

Hi Team !

I would like to take some doubts about the JB4.

I have a Tcross 250 TSI Flex ( Gasoline/Alcohol E100)(150 hp) Mod Brasil. It is equipped with a down pipe and a STG4 turbine designed by us at the company. (Turbo works original for 1.0 Bar pressure).

I would like to know if the JB4 would meet the flex mode that the engine works, because in Brazil we run with fuels in Alcohol/Gasoline.

Is it possible to run without problems or will it be necessary to create a specific map each time you decide to run on alcohol or gasoline?

I ask this because I already had another vehicle with the same engine (Golf TSI 1.4 Flex) running on a full remap in alcohol and I had problems with the high pump and injectors.. so I would like to vary so the same problem does not occur.

What do they say?

Thank You very much
Attached Images

Last edited by TURBINA; 06-19-2022 at 04:09 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-20-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBINA
Hi Team !

I would like to take some doubts about the JB4.

I have a Tcross 250 TSI Flex ( Gasoline/Alcohol E100)(150 hp) Mod Brasil. It is equipped with a down pipe and a STG4 turbine designed by us at the company. (Turbo works original for 1.0 Bar pressure).

I would like to know if the JB4 would meet the flex mode that the engine works, because in Brazil we run with fuels in Alcohol/Gasoline.

Is it possible to run without problems or will it be necessary to create a specific map each time you decide to run on alcohol or gasoline?

I ask this because I already had another vehicle with the same engine (Golf TSI 1.4 Flex) running on a full remap in alcohol and I had problems with the high pump and injectors.. so I would like to vary so the same problem does not occur.

What do they say?

Thank You very much
Having the larger turbo in the mix will make this a unknown. Only way to really tell is to get a JB4 on the car and we can log and see what it is doing.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#3)
Old

Default Show! - 06-20-2022, 10:57 AM

Hi George!

I understand. My main doubt is if I can configure the fuel for 100% Ethanol, because I'm about to buy the JB4 but I don't know if it will work. or if it is possible to change the percentage on the map.
About the turbine, no problems, I'm already running it on the original engine and it works well, but with low performance. I've already seen that the JB4 is possible to change, without problems.
(#4)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-20-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBINA
Hi George!

I understand. My main doubt is if I can configure the fuel for 100% Ethanol, because I'm about to buy the JB4 but I don't know if it will work. or if it is possible to change the percentage on the map.
About the turbine, no problems, I'm already running it on the original engine and it works well, but with low performance. I've already seen that the JB4 is possible to change, without problems.
Typically in a larger turbo scenario we recommend a stage 2 flash which will increase duty cycle on the injectors and we only use the JB4 to get the correct boost curve if fueling allows.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#5)
Old

Default Show - 06-20-2022, 11:26 AM

Thanks so much for the feedback George. I'll be buying the JB4 and I'll do the primary log to analyze with the staff here at the company. If you need help, I'll look for you in the email.

Looking cool, I want to share the results with the people here in Brazil, as many people are unaware of the JB4 for these 1.4 Volks/Audi engines
(#6)
Old

Default I will send a email with results - 07-31-2022, 03:24 PM

Hi George,

I have examples to send you to help me .

I will send your email.

Thks.