JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default After 5k rpm JB4 goes to map 4 - 12-27-2021, 12:15 AM

I have a 135i N54 just done my Valve cover due to a crack and then my injectors to index 12 I did buy use :/. My 135i is FBO stage 2 lpfp, 2 step colder spark plugs, charge pipe with tial bov, 7.5 step intercooler and ********. I just started to run in to this issue where my car Lose boost after 5k rpm and goes to map 4 I thought maybe to much E85 so I stopped with E 60 and back it down to e45 to hopefully it goes away. But didnít I ran one solid pull then back to the same drop down to map 4 I have 2 logs from 3rd gear 40mph to 6,400k rpm. if someone can look at it and give me some advice Bc at the moment Iím lost
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_211226_212311.csv (14.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_211226_214306.csv (15.7 KB, 74 views)

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 12-27-2021, 07:22 AM

Your trims are maxed out and you're running lean. Are you running the E85 back end flash?

2011 335is E93 with DCT
JB4 G5 ISO * BMS DCI * VRSF 7.5" Competition FMIC * VRSF dp's * VRSF Chargepipe * VRSF Inlets * Turbosmart Raceport BOV * Fuel-it Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP * Fuel-it Flex fuel kit * Phoenix Racing Port Injection manifold w/ 750 cc Injectors and BMS JB4 PI Controller * RB Turbo External PCV w/ plugged headports and Mishimoto OCC * NGK 2-Step Colder Plugs * MHD Flex-fuel BEF
(#3)
Old

Default 12-27-2021, 08:46 AM

No I am not only bef I’m running is for the burbles which came with the car

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-27-2021, 11:37 AM

Update your firmware and put all your user adjustment settings back to the default values.

As stated...you need to lower ethanol content to E30 or load the E85 BEF.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-27-2021, 01:43 PM

To update the firmware I can do that straight from the jb4 app correct and with the E85 BEF where do I find that?

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 12-27-2021, 02:36 PM

Correct, and there is a sticky thread on everything you need to know about the BEF at the top of the N54 forum on this site. Or here: N54 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

2011 335is E93 with DCT
JB4 G5 ISO * BMS DCI * VRSF 7.5" Competition FMIC * VRSF dp's * VRSF Chargepipe * VRSF Inlets * Turbosmart Raceport BOV * Fuel-it Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP * Fuel-it Flex fuel kit * Phoenix Racing Port Injection manifold w/ 750 cc Injectors and BMS JB4 PI Controller * RB Turbo External PCV w/ plugged headports and Mishimoto OCC * NGK 2-Step Colder Plugs * MHD Flex-fuel BEF
(#7)
Old

Default 12-27-2021, 05:19 PM

I flashed the E85 map and updated the software but where would I go to reset all to default values?

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-27-2021, 05:24 PM

They are listed in the sticky for the JB4.

E Series N54 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 12-28-2021, 10:25 AM

So it seems way more powerful then ever before hereís an updated log I did this morning. I did leave the value for the N20 sensor and the boost safety wheres itís at. Please let me know if itís looking good
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M7_R1_211228_0910.csv (25.9 KB, 71 views)

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 12-28-2021, 10:52 AM

Log looks pretty good, please make sure to enable 6 cylinder timing.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Default 12-28-2021, 01:47 PM

I’m guessing that the 6-cyl timing logging (0-6)? And I would put 5 for IJE0S

@HitmanFighterz
George Felix
2009 BMW 135I
FBO
Stock turbos
Jb4
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-28-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanfighterz
Iím guessing that the 6-cyl timing logging (0-6)? And I would put 5 for IJE0S
Yes, 5 if your are IJE0s

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.