N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: '13 F30 335i PWG N55
Default Code "102A22 - MAF, air mass too high" after installing bluetooth connect kit - 05-11-2019, 11:54 AM

Hello

A couple weeks ago I installed the bluetooth connect kit on my PWG N55 jb4. Since, the dme has been throwing "102A22 - MAF, Air mass too high" and lighting up the CEL every time I do highway driving or WOT pulls. From what I have read, this is a normal code because naturally with the tune and ps2 im pulling in much more air, and the stock dme throws the code anyways even though the jb4 should correct for it (correct me if im wrong). Sometimes it will also throw the c@t-less down pipe code too, which it hasn't done for years.

Boost is holding like normal so I dont think its a leak (if that would even cause this code, i know its due to the maf sensor which probably wouldnt notice it), but im taking it in next week to check. Otherwise the only thing I have changed is installing the bluetooth connect kit and the code has been throwing regularly since. I read that a BEF fixes this, but ive been running BMS's free MHD 'race' BEF for months now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Heres a log just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-29 18_56_14_Map-3.csv (22.5 KB, 38 views)