N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Possible for the "JB4 Connect" to pair with a Laptop?? - 03-09-2019, 11:49 AM

i havent had any luck finding any info out on this....
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-09-2019, 01:35 PM

Not possible at this time.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#3)
Old

Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 03-09-2019, 03:14 PM

This will be great feature to make it compatible also with pc software...
(#4)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 03-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Technically possible with Android Studio or iOS xCode, but you'll still need to purchase the app.

Otherwise, I don't see any incentive for the Mobile Apps team to develop BT support for the JB4 desktop software at all.

did you know that you can use a USB to Serial OTG cable to connect to the mobile app instead of the BT dongle?

2017 M3 ZCP
(#5)
Old

Default 03-10-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Technically possible with Android Studio or iOS xCode, but you'll still need to purchase the app.

Otherwise, I don't see any incentive for the Mobile Apps team to develop BT support for the JB4 desktop software at all.

did you know that you can use a USB to Serial OTG cable to connect to the mobile app instead of the BT dongle?
You don't understand point. Im buy BT Mobile module because I don't want USB cable inside car but Im locked to mobile app(Which Im buy) which doesn't have good graphing logs ... So I need each time send log by email/bt/usb, then download them on pc and open them in jb4 desktop app which have a lot of better graph reading ...
(#6)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 03-11-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
You don't understand point. Im buy BT Mobile module because I don't want USB cable inside car but Im locked to mobile app(Which Im buy) which doesn't have good graphing logs ... So I need each time send log by email/bt/usb, then download them on pc and open them in jb4 desktop app which have a lot of better graph reading ...
my reply was intended for OP, but perhaps you want to consider a better device to go along with the JB4 mobile app.

I've logged maybe close to 70 runs exclusively on a Windows laptop via USB to Serial cable for several months. then I made the switch to mobile logging only over the the last 50+ runs. I'm not facing any challenges with viewing graphs and csv files like you mentioned, but I'm using a Samsung Note 8 device with stylus.

attached are the mobile screenshots for reference.
Attached Images

2017 M3 ZCP
(#7)
Old

Default 03-12-2019, 05:14 AM

Did you try windows app? If yes then you know that on windows app you have "slider line" which show you values at position on graph. This missing in mobile app so you need guess value any you can't be sure if boost is 22PSI, 22,5PSI, 23PSI ... You need have realy good eyes to see difference on small phone screen ...
If mobile app will in some future have that "line slider" and showing graph values by clicking on graph or moving slider over graph will be great...