N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: mk7 gti autobahn
Default Help with JB4 firmware update - 01-18-2019, 05:57 PM

Jb4 has lost my trust and my confidence. Three times Iíve tried to upload
The firmware to this garbage ass system and every time Iím bricked. I have to unhooked the system and drive home. Or I get bs faults like map sensor faults for no reason. I really talked good thing about this product when I got it. But now. I canít trust it. At all. Nuespeed power module status is what this is. Honestly Iíd have more luck just buying the rights to tune my own car. At least then Iím to blame. Not this trash. Seriously. The Bluetooth is trash. Itís always not staying connected or dropping. And yes all Bluetooth consumers are off. I hate to say it. But this has been a huge waste of money and time at this point.

Vw tech and mk7 driver.
(#2)
Old

Default 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM

Update. Finally after an hour got the firmware to update. Still aggravated at this 2 month long process. But now I can test if the map faults come back with jb4.

Vw tech and mk7 driver.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2019, 07:24 PM

Based on your post history seems like the used JB4 you bought is just damaged or defective? Specifically the blue tooth adapter. If that isn't working then updating firmware isn't going to work. If you want to send it in we can always check it out here for you as a courtesy. Address is on our website. Beyond that if you need tech support you'd have to contact George directly.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 01-18-2019, 07:35 PM

Bluetooth worked fine until the 7 test 4 update. But it’s working now and I have had to buy a new chip Bc I bricked it Bc I uploaded the wrong firmware when I first got it.

Vw tech and mk7 driver.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2019, 07:45 PM

Well at this point since you've had so many problems to date there is no reason to believe you won't continue to have them. Must be some underlining issue causing it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 01-18-2019, 08:13 PM

Maybe. I might send it out before race season starts while I’m away for a week for training to get it checked. I will be out of town in feb and send it in then. Never hurts. Up till the hex8 update I issues that I caused. But now it’s been constant issues. Yes my clutch is slipping but I don’t run map6 anymore unless I’m doing autocross Bc the mapping is de-tuned for those runs to keep boost torque steer Down. I do appreciate the prompt response. But I do see my map sensor faults post was deleted.

Vw tech and mk7 driver.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2019, 10:07 PM

Is it still a current issue? If so add it to this thread. Prefer one support thread per customer. Otherwise it's a headache to find out what's related and what the history is.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 01-19-2019, 06:08 AM

So far no check engine light nor pending faults. I disabled jb4 for 150 miles. And then hooked it back up and did the firmware updates. And so far I’ve driven around 85 miles and no issues. But it was throwing a cel and faults for map sensor implausible signal and range performance faults. With jb4 hooked up.

Vw tech and mk7 driver.
(#9)
Old

Car: Audi SQ5
Default 02-16-2019, 02:36 PM

Ahhhh… I feel for BMS on this one. As a guy who has to deal with "difficult" customers, OP, you make everyone want to drink!
1) You claim the product is a piece of garbage, but you bought something used in unknown state to save a couple bucks.
2) BMS offers the olive branch to test it, but your a bit too busy right now, but still have time to complain.
3) Why, for the love of god, would you try updating firmware and critical stuff like that if you aren't at home? It's like swapping a camshaft in the AutoZone parking lot. Some stuff you just don't do.

Oh man, I need a beer.