N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old

Car: 2019 GLC300 4MATIC Coupe
Default JB4 install '19 GLC300 - 04-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Quick question.. i think on JB4 install. Yes, I emailed support, but thought I would also post here.

I am fairly handy/mechanical but have never owned a turbo or done any mod like this (although this is "plug n play"). I have reviewed the install directions, which are not as clear as I would like and there really are not any detailed pics, and searched/watched videos etc. All that to say, I want to confirm the rainbow TMAP connection. I circled the connection that I THINK is correct. Any know if this is correct?

If so, great. Now, I am having a hell of time disconnecting. Any tricks I should try. I'm hesitant to jerk on it too hard as to loosen any connections in the loom.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (87.0 KB, 47 views)
(#727)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 12:54 PM

Yes that's correct for the C300.

Plug the JB4 harness in to itself to practice how to release the connector type.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#728)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 10:37 AM

Thanks Terry.. user error trying to unplug the connection. All connected and working great so far.
(#729)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 08:34 PM

Easy fix.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#730)
Old

Car: Mercedes C400
Default 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Trims are maxed out, set open loop to 40, attach green connection, and run the same log.
Hey Terry, you probably missed my last post but this is the new log after connecting the green connection. How does everything look?

C400, Running E30 on Map 7
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-22 23_01_22 Map-7.csv (7.7 KB, 26 views)
(#731)
Old

Car: c450
Default 04-05-2019, 06:03 AM

Jb4轉售後、無法連線問題?如何解決
(#732)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnguyenc400
Hey Terry, you probably missed my last post but this is the new log after connecting the green connection. How does everything look?

C400, Running E30 on Map 7
Trims look better to me! I'd keep it on.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#733)
Old

Car: Mercedes C400
Default 04-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Trims look better to me! I'd keep it on.
Thanks!

If I run Map6 with 8 psi, what should the recommended Boost Safety be set at? 9 or 10?
(#734)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 04-06-2019, 07:30 AM

Terry - Do you guys have an official store on Amazon to purchase the JB4? I've seen them for sale but don't want to buy from a third party.

Edit: nevermind, found it, but only the wireless adapter was on there. Ordered the wireless adapter there (had amazon gift cards) and the jb4 from the BMS site itself. Looking forward to installing it this weekend.

Last edited by DubVBenz; 04-07-2019 at 05:58 PM..
(#735)
Old

Car: C400
Default 04-09-2019, 04:59 AM

bump for previous question on boost safety.
(#736)
Old

Car: 2017 c43 amg
Default 04-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Hi Terry you think you can share the map 5 I love that map and I want to work on my map 6 from those settings please
(#737)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-10-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJ
bump for previous question on boost safety.
Probably 2 psi over the target would be a good safety.

Burger Motorsports

(#738)
Old

Car: Tiguan
Default GLA 250 - 04-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Eyes started crossing looking through 30 pages......so do you support the GLA/CLA 250 motors?

Thanks,

Tom
(#739)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 09:37 AM

Are there any new features of JB4 in the works for the MB crowd? Like maybe an O2 sensor code delete? Or does BMS carry O2 **** for the C400/450/43? :D
Just ordered a BMS intake on Amazon! looking forward to some extra noise and possible power increase on map 7.
(#740)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2019, 02:49 PM

We're always poking around for new ideas but nothing to release yet. Passive delete is an option outside the USA, it's blocked inside the USA for emissions compliance.

Burger Motorsports

(#741)
Old

Default 04-25-2019, 09:25 AM

Hi Terry - I just purchased the JB4 for the C300/400 from your website t, as well as the Rev 3.6 wireless connect kit from your Amazon store (had a gift card). I've successfully connected everything on my MY2015 W212 E400 and linked it up to the ODBII + my phone running the A264 version of the android app. I ran it on map 2 with the default firmware a bit this morning and then upgraded the firmware to JB4_MB_C_2_TEST4 but haven't run it yet. I'm currently sitting on Map 2 and will stay there until I'm more comfortable and get some input on custom profiles. However, I had a couple of questions that I was hoping you could answer:

* Is there a way to read/confirm the current firmware version from the Android app? I wasn't sure which one I was running to begin with or if I should have even risked updating
* Are there any additional changelogs beyond what is posted on page one detailing current and previous versions?
* I'm assuming my harness is Gen 2 because it was purchased in the last month. The install PDF indicates that the green wire is unused, but I see the latest firmware versions utilize it. Do you have any documentation or guidance about how to connect it on the M276 3.0 TT motor found in the E400/C400?

My registered username on the app is the same as the one posted here if you'd like to look up and verify anything. Thank you!
(#742)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Firmware is on the user adjustment page towards the bottom, where it says read only. 23/3 is the latest firmware IIRC.

On the documentation for changes only what is provided.

The green plug is optional, normally only needed by those running E85 mixtures. I'd leave it off for now, post a JB4 log here, and we can review fuel trims and see if there would be a benefit for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#743)
Old

Default 04-26-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Firmware is on the user adjustment page towards the bottom, where it says read only. 23/3 is the latest firmware IIRC.

On the documentation for changes only what is provided.

The green plug is optional, normally only needed by those running E85 mixtures. I'd leave it off for now, post a JB4 log here, and we can review fuel trims and see if there would be a benefit for you.

Thanks for the feedback Terry. I drove it around for a bit yesterday evening, but not really doing much WOT, so these logs may not be of any use right now. The firmware version reported in JB4 Mobile is 23/3//5 with a Kit Firmware of 03/31/18.

Attaching my logs but let me know if there's a preferred driving method to obtain the data you're looking for that's not contained within the data.

BTW - Map2 post firmware update seems quite strong. I'm pleased so far!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip jb4_w212_m276_dela_30_map2_4-26-19.zip (56.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by DubVBenz; 04-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Adding attachements
(#744)
Old

Default 04-30-2019, 10:14 AM

One more Map 7 log for review on a C400. Does it look like i can gain anything from a map 6 tune? Timing seems pretty high already and thats the highest ive seen my boost peak.
Ambient temp 86, full tank of fuel 30% E85 / 70% 93.
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs (6GB3FU027950).csv (11.7 KB, 22 views)
(#745)
Old

Default Need help.. I messed up somehow - 05-02-2019, 12:18 PM

My first problem is that somehow my JB4 got wet/moisture/rain in the unit and through the wiring harness. I have not figured out how yet.. I thought I had it placed as directed. Anyway I need to get directly with Burger to see if it can be repaired without a full replacment.

My issue now is that I have engine light on after I removed the JB4. The car seems to be running, driving fine.. no obvious issue or other warning lights. And it definitely feels likes it's running back to normal after removing my water-logged JB4.

So what should I do first?? Remove negative battery cable to do a "hard reset?"

I tried letting the ECU turn off and then unplug/plug the cables and still have the engine yellow light.

Any insight, suggestions please before I have to go to MB service.
(#746)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-02-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLGLC300
My first problem is that somehow my JB4 got wet/moisture/rain in the unit and through the wiring harness. I have not figured out how yet.. I thought I had it placed as directed. Anyway I need to get directly with Burger to see if it can be repaired without a full replacment.

My issue now is that I have engine light on after I removed the JB4. The car seems to be running, driving fine.. no obvious issue or other warning lights. And it definitely feels likes it's running back to normal after removing my water-logged JB4.

So what should I do first?? Remove negative battery cable to do a "hard reset?"

I tried letting the ECU turn off and then unplug/plug the cables and still have the engine yellow light.

Any insight, suggestions please before I have to go to MB service.
Email support@burgertuning.com

If you pull the JB4 and you still have a code might be an issue with the car.

Take it to a auto shop they can check or clear the code for you usually.

Burger Motorsports

(#747)
Old

Car: C450
Default 05-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Anybody else having problems with their JB4 resetting after turning your car on/off multiple times? Seems like whenever I turn the car on and the computer is still "on" from when I turned it off the JB4 will reset to stock settings even if it displaying a different map than stock.

This is happening very frequently to me and is starting to become a bit of an issue.
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 11:49 AM

No known issue.

What do you mean "revert to stock settings"?

Burger Motorsports

(#749)
Old

Car: C450
Default 05-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the quick response Terry. Its a bit difficult to explain but i'm getting stock boost and 0-60 times in any of the different maps, its never happened on a cold start only after I have turned the car off and on. Ill try and grab some logs later today.
(#750)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Ok that is the best way to evaluate it, a log when it's acting up.

Burger Motorsports