N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2018, 01:18 PM

JB4 is smoother, more mapping options, more logging options, etc. Overall it's a net benefit. So much so we decided to discontinue the JB1 for the platform.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#527)
Old

Car: C205 C43
Default 10-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Terry,

Can you confirm that the JB4 w/ BT mobile APP does indeed read and clear error codes?? I had a CEL when first installing the unit. However, it did not catch any error codes.

2018 C43 Coupe
K&N
Cat13ss D0vvn P!p3
93 Pump Gas
(#528)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2018, 09:10 PM

As far as I know, easy to confirm by also reading with an OBDII reader. If not let me know and we'll work on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#529)
Old

Car: C400
Default 10-03-2018, 07:26 AM

Hi Terry,

I have a C43 in JB4, I noticed that the latest firmware is JB4_MB_C_2_TEST4, is it save to install or is it still a test version.

Tks
(#530)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM

It's BETA firmware but so far feedback has been good.

Burger Motorsports

(#531)
Old

Car: 2011 335i X Drive
Default 10-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Finally got the logging to work correctly, was the obd2 cable!

Woohoo logs to come from map 7 on e35.

Anyone play around with map 6? What parameters are you running for e30-35? I believe map 2 is 5 psi over stock. Is that across the board? Winter time I should be fine with map 7, but may want to run map 6 in the summer when its hotter

Also, what is the difference between ignition 1 and 2 and 3? Which onlle one should we be paying attention to? What do you guys log on your jb4 mobile screen?

2018 C43 AMG Black/Black
JB1 Map 2
Full 20% Tints All-Around
Custom Front-License Plate
Check my YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8K...as=subscriber] Channel for more
(#532)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoN
Finally got the logging to work correctly, was the obd2 cable!

Woohoo logs to come from map 7 on e35.

Anyone play around with map 6? What parameters are you running for e30-35? I believe map 2 is 5 psi over stock. Is that across the board? Winter time I should be fine with map 7, but may want to run map 6 in the summer when its hotter

Also, what is the difference between ignition 1 and 2 and 3? Which onlle one should we be paying attention to? What do you guys log on your jb4 mobile screen?
Map 6 is custom to your preference.

Ign 1/2/3 etc is what each cylinder is seeing.

Burger Motorsports

(#533)
Old

Car: C300
Default 10-10-2018, 04:50 PM

* need help * I've been running a jb4 on my c300. i saw in the last updates there was new beta firmware and to connect the fuel connector and move pin 20 to pin 4. i did all the above and now my car barely runs. is there a place i can download the original firmware and unplug the green fuel connector so i can get my car running. or it there other firmware im suppose to be running

update if i remove the fuel connector the car runs fine

Last edited by All-black; 10-10-2018 at 05:07 PM..
(#534)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2018, 06:23 PM

Just unplug the green connector. No firmware or other changes need to reverse the change.

Burger Motorsports

(#535)
Old

Car: GLC43 Coupe
Default 10-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Also if I use the JB4 to delete the CEL caused by d.p.s,, will the CEL come back after I remove the JB4 to take the car into service?
(#536)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM

For those who have relocated the green wire from spot 20 to spot 4, to get the fuel pressure connector active on the JB4. Did it work or not? Trying to determine if I left a bug in the firmware on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#537)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waisoserious
Also if I use the JB4 to delete the CEL caused by d.p.s,, will the CEL come back after I remove the JB4 to take the car into service?
Dealership will spot the d.ps in 10 seconds when they go to change the oil.

Burger Motorsports

(#538)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG C43
Default 10-16-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For those who have relocated the green wire from spot 20 to spot 4, to get the fuel pressure connector active on the JB4. Did it work or not? Trying to determine if I left a bug in the firmware on it.
Didnít work for me when I tried it. Iíll try again tomorrow. Maybe I did something wrong last time
(#539)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 08:05 PM

It won't fix itself. But post photos of the wire relocation so we can double check that!

Burger Motorsports

(#540)
Old

Car: C300
Default 10-16-2018, 10:21 PM

i did the same swap pin 20 to 4, updated the firmware and it didn't work, car barely ran
(#541)
Old

Car: c450
Default 10-17-2018, 05:02 AM

Why is there an error in my psi display? Is there a parameter adjustment problem?
(#542)
Old

Car: C400
Default 10-17-2018, 06:14 AM

Any updates/dyno results on C400?
(#543)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflee
Why is there an error in my psi display? Is there a parameter adjustment problem?
Attach a CSV log of the issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#544)
Old

Default 10-17-2018, 09:23 AM

Ok
(#545)
Old

Car: Mercedes C43
Default 10-18-2018, 11:36 AM

Hi Terry,

Mind taking a look at this log?

I’m in Houston. We are finally seeing temps in the 50s and 60s. DA has been close to zero. My map 6 and map 7 logs look worse in the colder weather than they did this summer. The car feels fine though. Another Houston JB4 owner is running into the same issue.

Fuel is E30.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 10:17:2018 map 6.csv (6.3 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 10-18-2018 at 07:41 PM..
(#546)
Old

Car: 2011 335i X Drive
Default 10-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Hi Terry,
Can you check my log as well? Not sure what I can do to achieve better performance, IAT is 50, e30 fuel, 3rd and 4th gear pull yielded 15 psi max.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2018-10-18 09_09_47.csv (6.7 KB, 67 views)

2018 C43 AMG Black/Black
JB1 Map 2
Full 20% Tints All-Around
Custom Front-License Plate
Check my YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8K...as=subscriber] Channel for more
(#547)
Old

Car: C205 C43
Default 10-18-2018, 08:19 PM

Hi Terry,

I had a D.P.S CEL before the JB4 install a couple of month ago. The passive delete feature seems to be working till this morning. A CEL came on. I tried to use the JB4 error code read feature. Nothing showed up... ??

(Im outside US.)

2018 C43 Coupe
K&N
Cat13ss D0vvn P!p3
93 Pump Gas
(#548)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 09:11 PM

Hmm not done a lot of testing on that front, anyone else have an issue reading codes?

Burger Motorsports

(#549)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 06:09 AM

Unable to connect
Showing pln is wrong
Because I can't connect my phone.
What should I do?
(#550)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG C43
Default 10-19-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflee
Unable to connect
Showing pln is wrong
Because I can't connect my phone.
What should I do?
Hi terry, Not sure if Jeff was able to send his logs so I will post for him.
I included Map2 and Map7 Jeff emailed me. Also included picture of where he located his meth Nozzle.
Gasoline used according to him is 93 octane.
He was having problems connecting to JB4 after he replaced his Phone. How would he get connected once again?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-16 22_36_16(1).csv (14.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-16 23_03_06.csv (202.1 KB, 64 views)