N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: N55 135
Default 07-28-2011, 05:16 AM

Am I slow or does the stage 1 software interface not offer RPM, timing, etc. as part of the loggable parameters? If no, will stage 2? If yes, point me in the right direction

N55 FBO w/meth E82
7/20/2012 Dyno (no meth): 369 whp / 432 tq Dynojet STD

BMS JB4 / BMS ** / BMS Intake / BMS Meth Kit w/CM10 / BMS e85 wires / ER Charge Pipe / ER FMIC Black / LCI tails / Alpine AE / iCarbon Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser / KW V2's / 19" DPE S20 in custom wrong fitment
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Those parameters are loggable with Stage2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: N55 135
Default 07-28-2011, 09:25 AM

Thanks Terry

N55 FBO w/meth E82
7/20/2012 Dyno (no meth): 369 whp / 432 tq Dynojet STD

BMS JB4 / BMS ** / BMS Intake / BMS Meth Kit w/CM10 / BMS e85 wires / ER Charge Pipe / ER FMIC Black / LCI tails / Alpine AE / iCarbon Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser / KW V2's / 19" DPE S20 in custom wrong fitment
(#54)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 07-30-2011, 04:36 AM

Ok guys....First off excuse the stupidity....What does DME actually stand for? I live in Germany and have to go in for the 15K here soon and want to make sure that I have the upgraded DME for Stage 2 installation. I am going to have to type everything into google translator then show that to them to get what I want done.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmax30
Ok guys....First off excuse the stupidity....What does DME actually stand for? I live in Germany and have to go in for the 15K here soon and want to make sure that I have the upgraded DME for Stage 2 installation. I am going to have to type everything into google translator then show that to them to get what I want done.
Digital Motor Electronics
(#56)
Old

Car: '11 e90 335i
Default 07-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Need a tester?

I'm Local!!!!
(#57)
Old

Car: 135i n55
Default 08-02-2011, 07:45 PM

how it coming along ? has been any movement on this thread ! i guess that's a good thing terry, must be hard at work !!!
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Around 5 out there. Still waiting for supplies to build another batch of 10-15. Hopefully later this week. This stuff always moves slower than I'd like. But once the design is signed off on we'll get a few hundred mass produced quickly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#59)
Old

Car: 2011 335i X-Drive E90
Default 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM

pre-orders?

or you waiting till they are all ready? (i'm ready!)
(#60)
Old

Default 08-02-2011, 09:22 PM

sounds good, seem like you've been putting in the time ! cant wait . keep up the good work Terry !!!
(#61)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Stage 2 is installed and running, put about 20 miles on it today and there's no other way of saying this...you are all going to want Stage 2. Driving around town is smoother, going from zero throttle to WOT suddenly is quicker and my personal favorite: shifting up in my 6MT while WOT (not flat food shifting, just a regular quick upshift at 6,000 or so) carries what seems to be all the boost right through the shift.

I let my brother drive for a while so I could feel the full speed upshifts, he did a few 2nd to 3rd gear pulls and it's just ridiculous how fast it feels now.

Thank you Terry for letting me beta test it, I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.
(#62)
Old
BlackBird

Car: 2011 335i
Default 08-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Stage 2 is installed and running, put about 20 miles on it today and there's no other way of saying this...you are all going to want Stage 2. Driving around town is smoother, going from zero throttle to WOT suddenly is quicker and my personal favorite: shifting up in my 6MT while WOT (not flat food shifting, just a regular quick upshift at 6,000 or so) carries what seems to be all the boost right through the shift.

I let my brother drive for a while so I could feel the full speed upshifts, he did a few 2nd to 3rd gear pulls and it's just ridiculous how fast it feels now.

Thank you Terry for letting me beta test it, I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
(#63)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-05-2011, 05:34 PM

When can we get our hands on it? Can't wait ....
(#64)
Old

Car: e82
Default 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM

just a quick question Terry. the first post said stage 2 is only going to be ready for the 135 and the 335 not the x3 535 ect..
Will stage 2 ever be ready or are you only going to offer stage one ?
i have an x3 and want stage 2 but if its not comming will just get stage one.
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM

You'd get the Stage1 either way as you need it to use a Stage2 upgrade. But I don't have an ETA. We would like to offer the Stage2 for the X3/X5/535/X6 but it all depends on demand and resources. Those cars unfortunately make up a minority of the N55 market.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Car: e82
Default 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM

ok thanks i guess im ordering stage one for now
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_russian
When can we get our hands on it? Can't wait ....
The good news is 100 PCBs came in yesterday. The bad news is they were all defective. The replacements won't be in for another week. We have 10 of them out there in early testing currently, which is about 1/3 the amount I wanted by this time, but I'll take what I can get. Feedback has been very positive and I'm confident all will be impressed once they've had a chance to drive it around and play with the new features.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old
BlackBird

Car: 2011 335i
Default 08-06-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The good news is 100 PCBs came in yesterday. The bad news is they were all defective. The replacements won't be in for another week. We have 10 of them out there in early testing currently, which is about 1/3 the amount I wanted by this time, but I'll take what I can get. Feedback has been very positive and I'm confident all will be impressed once they've had a chance to drive it around and play with the new features.

BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
(#69)
Old

Car: 2012 AW 135i DCT
Default 08-06-2011, 05:52 AM

FYI....I've been using these guys for a couple of years without a problem. 25-30 different boards.

www.pcbinternational.com

They are in San Francisco but make the boards in China. Normal turn around is 8 working days.

Ken
(#70)
Old

Default Rhd N55 - 08-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Hi can you tell me if your tuning products compatible with RHD Australian 135i s ?

Last edited by koastal; 08-06-2011 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Yes, of course.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM

just got my stage 2...putting it on monday i cant wait...ill be doing lots of logs on high octane and e85 mixtures too

2018 Individual Tanzanite Blue Competition M4
(#73)
Old

Default 08-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes, of course.
Excellent do you have an Australian agent or should I just order direct.

What should I order first ?
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM

We ship to AU weekly if not daily. Just order at burgertuning.com. Stage1 is your first mod for the N55.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 08-07-2011, 08:13 AM

I have about 1000 miles now on stg 2 and this weekend I did about 500 miles through the mountains of Upstate New York. I was running map 2 with a bottle of NOS and the performance is just awesome. The power delivery is much more consistent and linear and you can really feel and appreciate the improvement coming out of the turns on the windy mountain roads. Its always right there, just put your foot down and every time its the exact same hard pull. The best part though is the smoothness between shifts. ( MT ) Where between 3rd and 4th there was a feeling of bog or hesitation before, with stage two it it just screams right through.

For anyone wondering, the install is very easy and probably will only take 10 minutes more at most than stage 1.