N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: B9 S4
Default 06-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Just curious has anyone been able to get any numbers on the s4 running map? What's the increase to hp etc. I'm thinking of taking mine for dyno but was curious to see if anyone has any numbers. Btw I'm running map 3 with 91 octane.
(#552)
Old

Car: gtr
Default 06-03-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
RS4/5 with JB4 on 93 will run around a 11.3@119mph. I think the GTR is slightly quicker than this?
Ok, thx. My best time on completely stock gtr was 11.2 (on good gas).
(#553)
Old

Car: Golf R
Default 06-03-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanemari
has anyone with a right hand drive s4 managed to do a hidden install for the obcd wiring from the engine bay to the ****pit? i can't for the life of me find the rubber plugs to pierce and pass the wire through... i did the quick version along the inside of the door so far but want the cleaner option.
You manage to work this out? Just installed on SQ. There is a rubber plug just above the brake pedal. Let me know if you need some photos
(#554)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 06-08-2019, 10:39 AM

Hello guys! I installed jb4 in my s4b9 with BC nad BT. I still have got The old version JB4 mobile on my phone because I had jb4 in my golf 7R which i sold. The problem is when i First start jb4 on audi i forgot and connected the box with the mobile with firmware from golf 7 r. When i realized that i should install firmware i did it. When i turn on the mobile with right firmware everything seems ok but i dont feel any increase od power. Any suggestions? I used map 1,2,3 and the results are like stock yet :-(
The jb4 in golf 7R worked excellent and after golf I need more power in audi :-)
(#555)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Don't see the JB4 log attached to your post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#556)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 06-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't see the JB4 log attached to your post.
Here you have. Scroll down and push green rectangle (Pobierz Teraz). Dont worry any virus :-) If any problem I can send on email, whatsup, etc.

Darmowy hosting plików - wrzucaj i dziel się plikami za darmo | 2019-06-08 21_06_34_Map-1.csv
(#557)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-08-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietia
Here you have. Scroll down and push green rectangle (Pobierz Teraz). Dont worry any virus :-) If any problem I can send on email, whatsup, etc.

Darmowy hosting plików - wrzucaj i dziel się plikami za darmo | 2019-06-08 21_06_34_Map-1.csv
As per email I sent you need to populate your settings first with the BCM settings in post 1.
The S4_4_T4.hex is the newest version so load that.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#558)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 06-19-2019, 01:27 PM

Just completed install on my 2018 Audi S4. Turned the car on and immediately the car went through error codes. “Drive System malfunction! Please contact dealer”. Also not getting any boost from turbo.
(#559)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18AudiS4
Just completed install on my 2018 Audi S4. Turned the car on and immediately the car went through error codes. “Drive System malfunction! Please contact dealer”. Also not getting any boost from turbo.
For technical support always email george@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#560)
Old

Car: ‘18 S5
Default 06-24-2019, 12:37 PM

quick question: From the "how-to" video of the jb4 mobile app, there was a mention of auto start" for logging. Basically, if you go WOT, the JB4 will automatically start logging. Is this true or is the bluetooth module required for this feature?
(#561)
Old

Default FIXED - 06-24-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
For technical support always email george@burgertuning.com
Awesome? George is guru walked me through the problem. Loose wire in unit
(#562)
Old

Default 06-24-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB6
quick question: From the "how-to" video of the jb4 mobile app, there was a mention of auto start" for logging. Basically, if you go WOT, the JB4 will automatically start logging. Is this true or is the bluetooth module required for this feature?

Its a feature of the Bluetooth app only. On windows interface you need to do it manually.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#563)
Old

Car: ‘18 S5
Default 06-24-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Its a feature of the Bluetooth app only. On windows interface you need to do it manually.
Got it. Also, can you power the adapter from one of the empty pins on the main wire harness or we still need to tap one of the red wires?
(#564)
Old

Car: Audi RS5
Default 06-25-2019, 02:09 PM

I am new to the tuning world. I just installed the jb4 on my 2019 rs5 sportback. I am running 93octane on map 3. The car feels awesome and definitely notice the difference. When I connect to the app it says “ no user adjustment settings saved” Should I have populated them? Also from what I’ve read here, if I mix 5gal of E85 with 93 I should be able to run map5 without a BCM without issue, correct? Thanks for any help.
(#565)
Old

Default 06-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edarnone
I am new to the tuning world. I just installed the jb4 on my 2019 rs5 sportback. I am running 93octane on map 3. The car feels awesome and definitely notice the difference. When I connect to the app it says “ no user adjustment settings saved” Should I have populated them? Also from what I’ve read here, if I mix 5gal of E85 with 93 I should be able to run map5 without a BCM without issue, correct? Thanks for any help.
Hey. Congrats on your new s5 sport back. Email George at George@burgertuning.com. He’ll have you run some logs probably map 4 and see if your clear to run map 5. I have the 2018 s4 and run map 3 with 93 octane royal purple booster mix. Looking to do new mix to run some map 4 logs. Heading to track Friday. I’d like to keep in touch to see what mods you planning and how they turn out for you. I’m currently going to do the silly rabbit turbo hybrid upgrade with a meth kit mod. Still looking to find the best for the meth kit for a dual setup.
(#566)
Old

Car: Audi RS5
Default 06-25-2019, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the quick and friendly response! I actually installed the device on an RS5 not S5. I think the MAP options may be a little different based on what I have read. As far as further mods I’m not sure how far I’m going to go haha. Your plan sounds amazing and good luck at the track Friday. I plan on my first track with this car in September.
(#567)
Old

Default 06-25-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick and friendly response! I actually installed the device on an RS5 not S5. I think the MAP options may be a little different based on what I have read. As far as further mods I’m not sure how far I’m going to go haha. Your plan sounds amazing and good luck at the track Friday. I plan on my first track with this car in September.
That’s awesome. I’m pretty sure you’re running a twin turbo. Definitely message George at BMS and he’ll guide you on maps for your setup. Enjoy. You have an amazing car.

2018 Audi S4 (b9) Pearl Grey

Current Mods:
AWE Carbo Fiber Cold Air Intake
AWE Intercooler
BMS JB4 W/ Bluetooth Kit

Track Time:
Fastest Time. 11.9 @114mph with map 4. 93 octane mix with royal purple maxbooster

Future Planned Mods:
Silly Rabbit Hybrid Turbo
Meth Kit w/ dual setup (still deciding where to chose)
APR rear Sway Bars
Please provide suggestions. Thanks
(#568)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB6
Got it. Also, can you power the adapter from one of the empty pins on the main wire harness or we still need to tap one of the red wires?
SENT systems can have rev3 power crimped on a DSUB pin stuck in position #2 on the blue tooth connector.

Burger Motorsports

(#569)
Old

Default 06-26-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
The maps are the same as the S4/5 and it seems what works on them is the same on the RS5. The RS5 does suffer a bit more with heat soak as it run water cooled charge system and not a air to air intercooler. If you keen to run some logs shoot them over. For 91 start with map 1 and 93 map 3. George@burgertuning.com .

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#570)
Old

Car: 2019 RS3
Default 06-26-2019, 04:46 PM

wrong forum

Last edited by siyx; 06-26-2019 at 06:03 PM..
(#571)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Default Error message - 07-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18AudiS4
I am getting the same drivetrain malfunction code as you are. Except it's on an RS5, it uses the same firmware as your S4. I am sending my unit back. I wonder if it's a problem in the firmware ?

Black 2018 RS5.
(#572)
Old

Default 07-09-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggs2229
I am getting the same drivetrain malfunction code as you are. Except it's on an RS5, it uses the same firmware as your S4. I am sending my unit back. I wonder if it's a problem in the firmware ?
I fixed this issue by opening the box. There was a black wire that was loose. Check all the wires in the wire harness to ensure wires are completely inserted.

2018 Audi S4 (b9) Pearl Grey

Current Mods:
AWE Carbo Fiber Cold Air Intake
AWE Intercooler
BMS JB4 W/ Bluetooth Kit

Track Time:
Fastest Time. 11.9 @114mph with map 4. 93 octane mix with royal purple maxbooster

Future Planned Mods:
Silly Rabbit Hybrid Turbo
Meth Kit w/ dual setup (still deciding where to chose)
APR rear Sway Bars
Please provide suggestions. Thanks
(#573)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggs2229
Common issue, normally means ECU woke up during install and you need to just clear faults within the JB4 software. In some cases we've seen loose wires in the harness too especially if you attached your own JB4 mobile adapter and the enclosure was not closed properly. For tech support email george@burgertuning.com he's pretty efficient with it. A few emails with George may save you hours of trying to sort out troubleshooting on your own.

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old

Default 07-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Common issue, normally means ECU woke up during install and you need to just clear faults within the JB4 software. In some cases we've seen loose wires in the harness too especially if you attached your own JB4 mobile adapter and the enclosure was not closed properly. For tech support email george@burgertuning.com he's pretty efficient with it. A few emails with George may save you hours of trying to sort out troubleshooting on your own.
We have exercised all the options and are replacing it so we can give the unit a autopsy when it comes back.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#575)
Old

Car: 335xi Coupe
Default 07-15-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
We have exercised all the options and are replacing it so we can give the unit a autopsy when it comes back.
Unit will be arriving on Wednesday, curious to find out what the JB autopsy shows. Either way I need a working unit back ASAP. I got spoiled using it on map 3. Car feels slow without it. Dying to know how it will run on map 4. Ii could never get a run in on that map. I had 5 gallons of E85 mixed with 93. I also just added an AWE airgate air induction.

Robert

Black 2018 RS5.