N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-17-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Y4
Hi George,

The stock fuel system is capable to max out stock turbos.

My question is if the “PWM” curve in S6 jb4 also represents turbo capability, i.e. if pwm max out, then turbos are maxout? I am very excited to wonder what is the max horsepower for stock S6 turbos with their max air capacity.

For cooling, I have already installed meth with single coming BM12 nozzle and AMS alpha air to water enlarged radiator.

The jb4 device is still in the custom waiting for clearance. Will do map0 in this weekend hopefully. Again, thank you very much for your help. I hope jb4 can set some new 1/4 record for Audi V8TFSI.

Best regards
Li
Without a flash the JB4 has a limit on what it can add since we not directly connecting to the wastegate actuator. With the flash in play and 6psi range over that from the JB4 we will be able to max the turbo most likely if fuel quality allows and assuming it still flows well at higher boost levels.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Last edited by Payam @ BMS; 05-17-2019 at 09:43 AM..
(#52)
Old

Car: 435
Default 05-17-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Without a flash the JB4 has a limit on what it can add since we not directly connecting to the wastegate actuator. With the flash in play and 6psi range over that from the JB4 we will be able to max the turbo most likely if fuel quality allows and assuming it still flows well at higher boost levels.
So far I am using 93 octane and meth. I have heard somebody has tried E30 mix, but not sure what boost he can run. According to the current JB4 firmware, what parameters indicate a healthy fuel system?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

F30 335xi N55 Pure 2 1/4mile 11.111ET @ 126mph (Sold)

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

Best 100-200km/h S6 stock turbo = 7.48s
In Shanghai
(#53)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
So far I am using 93 octane and meth. I have heard somebody has tried E30 mix, but not sure what boost he can run. According to the current JB4 firmware, what parameters indicate a healthy fuel system?
The AFR will creep lean and spike eventually when there is a fuel shortage.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#54)
Old

Default 05-26-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
The AFR will creep lean and spike eventually when there is a fuel shortage.
HI George,

Thank you! I have just received your jb4 unit today! Just FYI, the download link for the installation guide has somehow expired, could you please reload the latest version again for us?

Best regards,

Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

In Shanghai
(#55)
Old

Lightbulb 1st jb4 log (APR STG2 BEF 104 race gas map) 3rd to 4th Gear - 05-29-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We don't have a fuel pressure connector on the S6 yet but post some JB4 logs up and we can start to evaluate that end and build it out.
Hi Terry and George,

Here is my first jb4 log for 2018 audi s6 with APR stg2 104 race gas BEF, could you please release new firmware to add performance to flashed car? Thank you so much!

Conditions:
2018 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 race gas map
Stock s6 turbos
Meth 50:50, single BM12 nozzle
Straight ** and performance catback
AMS upgraded heat exchanger
RS7 air intake
Enlarged throttle body

100-200km/h = 8.0s
outside temp. = 25 degree C
elevation = 0ft
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-30 00_06_31_Map-0 3rd-4th APR2 104.csv (9.5 KB, 18 views)

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#56)
Old

Default 05-29-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry and George,

Here is my first jb4 log for 2018 audi s6 with APR stg2 104 race gas BEF, could you please release new firmware to add performance to flashed car? Thank you so much!

Conditions:
2018 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 race gas map
Stock s6 turbos
Meth 50:50, single BM12 nozzle
Straight ** and performance catback
AMS upgraded heat exchanger
RS7 air intake
Enlarged throttle body

100-200km/h = 8.0s
outside temp. = 25 degree C
elevation = 0ft
Got this via email as well but will post some info for guys following. On the logs there is more to see and parameters can be added by clicking the gear in the app top left corner when phone is turned sideways. There is some timing adaption on the gearchanges so best advise would be to first add a bit more boost at high rpm than that. Possibly better of for fuel to run a lower flash map with less timing and run more boost but lets see how it goes.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#57)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 11:05 AM

Thank you very much George for helping the s6 BEF guys!

The S6 IAT was awful compared to bmw. Even with upgraded cooling radiator and meth, the lAT starts from 40 degree C and climbing to 55 C when 4th gear pull finished.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#58)
Old

Car: S6
Default 05-31-2019, 01:32 PM

Hi George,

In one thread you mentioned you thought there’s some power left on the table after reviewing multiple logs. Is it too early, or can you share what you’re seeing and the changes you expect to make to the Maps?

Last edited by Dirt; 05-31-2019 at 02:24 PM..
(#59)
Old

Car: 2014 Audi S7
Default 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Hi all - posting my first few logs. I have one baseline log in map 0 (last file attached), with the rest in map 2. Pretty new to this, so open to feedback if I didn't log correctly.

In addition, I went to a dyno day yesterday with the intention of running map 0, 1, and 2 for a comparison. Unfortunately, we had connectivity issues with JB4 (got unplugged when they went to hook up to dyno) and the dyno operators were running JB4 so I think the car got stuck in map 0 (they were pretty unfamiliar with the software). Overall, very disappointing numbers. Pulls were done in 4th gear.

Car is 2014 S7. Stock aside for the JB4. Comparing my boost values to the other logs in this leads me to believe I have a possible leak. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 24run10602.csv (2.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv 14run20602.csv (1.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 24run3long0602.csv (2.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 24map006022.csv (2.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by zsloan28; 06-02-2019 at 12:09 PM..
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Yes no data in any of these logs either unless they were 2 second dyno runs. So sounds like a wasted trip all around.

Did they try to plug something else in to the OBDII port? What brand dyno? Runs should be full throttle for around 8-10 seconds. If not then they are in the wrong gear or wrong load settings set on dyno.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Yes no data in any of these logs either unless they were 2 second dyno runs. So sounds like a wasted trip all around.

Did they try to plug something else in to the OBDII port? What brand dyno? Runs should be full throttle for around 8-10 seconds. If not then they are in the wrong gear or wrong load settings set on dyno.
The logs I just posted are fairly long runs, most from low RPM in second, full throttle through most of 4th. Is my sampling rate set incorrectly?

And yes, they were trying to plug the dyno into OBDII, which I suppose grabs similar information (RPM, AFR etc). Mustang dyno. All runs done in 4th and were full pulls. I have videos as well, but just hyperlinked the actual dyno plot in my previous post.
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 12:14 PM

The JB4 needs exclusive OBDII access to work properly.

Were they trying to use a splitter or something? Log only grabbed 8 sample points. For a 10 second log should be 60+. Just more confirmation wasn't working.

MD dynos are sort of useless for number comparisons anyway. Need a 4wd linked dynojet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#63)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
The JB4 needs exclusive OBDII access to work properly.

Were they trying to use a splitter or something? Log only grabbed 8 sample points. For a 10 second log should be 60+. Just more confirmation wasn't working.

MD dynos are sort of useless for number comparisons anyway. Need a 4wd linked dynojet.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. No logging was done during the dyno. The logs I posted were taken by me.

Is there a reason the log only got 8 sample points? I watched the video on logging and I guess am not sure what I'm doing wrong giving such limited data.
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 12:27 PM

I thought they were dyno logs. You'd want those to evaluate the tuning when doing dyno testing.

As you know the JB4 needs it's OBDII connection to work properly. I'm not sure how the S6 firmware responds currently to no OBDII by map, we'll have to look in to it. Maybe we'll set it up to at least do something (lower power tuning) for similar situations in the future.

Grab a longer 1/4 mile style log if you want us to further evaluate the setup. The logs posted are too short to be useful.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I thought they were dyno logs. You'd want those to evaluate the tuning when doing dyno testing.

As you know the JB4 needs it's OBDII connection to work properly. I'm not sure how the S6 firmware responds currently to no OBDII by map, we'll have to look in to it. Maybe we'll set it up to at least do something (lower power tuning) for similar situations in the future.

Grab a longer 1/4 mile style log if you want us to further evaluate the setup. The logs posted are too short to be useful.
I'm either doing something wrong or there's some issue with my setup. I've tried several different times and all the logs seem incorrect to me. The absolute shortest pull is the entirety of 3rd gear, so they should be sufficiently long, I just don't seem to be getting all the data.

I tried with raw sampling enabled and the RPM doesn't make any sense.

Any advice?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 06023rdgear2k26k.csv (48.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 06022ndto4th.csv (70.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 06023rdgear3to6k.csv (1.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 06023rd2kto6k.csv (1.2 KB, 13 views)
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Yes something is off with either CANbus or logging. You're using the data cable which is another variable, most use the blue tooth kit.

Check off "raw sampling" in the interface and grab another short map1 log.

Might be easier to just move it to email for further troubleshooting, terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Yes something is off with either CANbus or logging. You're using the data cable which is another variable, most use the blue tooth kit.

Check off "raw sampling" in the interface and grab another short map1 log.
Just to be clear, do you want raw sampling enabled or disabled? First two logs in previous post are with it enabled. Second two are disabled.

I'll switch to map 1 and get more logs shortly.
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2019, 06:02 PM

OK we will pick it up via email.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 10:21 PM

Not enough real world results here and I don稚 know why. I know a lot of people have bought and tested. They need to start reporting back.

I put this on my otherwise stock 2014 A8L and did 3.44 0-60. Map 2, straight 93 in the tank, 1700 DA, no logging. I think it will run deep 11s in the 1/4. Will try that in the fall with a little E85 and SRM intake *****.
Attached Images

(#70)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-25-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i
Not enough real world results here and I don稚 know why. I know a lot of people have bought and tested. They need to start reporting back.

I put this on my otherwise stock 2014 A8L and did 3.44 0-60. Map 2, straight 93 in the tank, 1700 DA, no logging. I think it will run deep 11s in the 1/4. Will try that in the fall with a little E85 and SRM intake *****.
WOW, that's very very impressive! Car must haul!

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Car: 430i
Default 06-26-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:

That's really fast! Did you feel substantial gains from the SRM intake?
(#72)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff @ BMS
That's really fast! Did you feel substantial gains from the SRM intake?
Haven稚 received it yet. Car does feel a little choked up top and I知 hoping the ***** and a little more octane for knock protection will clean that up. Car is not much slower than my old tuned S8. The ZF 8 speed handles the torque better than the DSG in the S6/7.
(#73)
Old

Car: S6
Default 06-28-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Not enough real world results here and I don’t know why. I know a lot of people have bought and tested. They need to start reporting back.

That’s moving out! Can’t wait to see some real track times!

FWIW, my S6 went 12.0 off the foot brake in similar DA. I think 11.5’s are reasonable under better conditions with LC and some E85 or race gas.

Last edited by Dirt; 06-28-2019 at 07:11 PM..
(#74)
Old

Default 06-30-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt
That痴 moving out! Can稚 wait to see some real track times!

FWIW, my S6 went 12.0 off the foot brake in similar DA. I think 11.5痴 are reasonable under better conditions with LC and some E85 or race gas.
Yeah, I can definitely see that for your S6. A nice prepped track and a cool motor should get you there.
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2019, 10:48 AM

In some cases I think better tires may help. On our S6 we spin all 4 stock tires on a hard brake boost launch!

Burger Motorsports