N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2626)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2018, 08:44 AM

If they've had issues with it then you can defer to their directions. I have not come across any issues in the local installs we've done.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2627)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Premium
Default 05-29-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the bolt on mods beyond the intake we simply have not tested them so I don't know how they might react together. You'd have to evaluate it. IMHO normally Q50 people who do those illegal exhaust mods are already conceding their warranty and just jump over to flash tuning.
Is this still the case? Iím about to do lower down p i p e s and the muffler delete and I donít see anyone on this thread with this particular set up talking about their numbers.

Also, why does it appear p i p e s is a censored word in the searches?
(#2628)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 08:51 AM

Since those parts are illegal in the USA we censor the word to passively discourage discussion on this forum.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2629)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 05-29-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHighFocus
Is this still the case? I’m about to do lower down p i p e s and the muffler delete and I don’t see anyone on this thread with this particular set up talking about their numbers.

Also, why does it appear p i p e s is a censored word in the searches?
Jbx works great with lowers. I have bolt ins on my car except the uppers. No issues. A setup jb1 with catback with lowers and intakes made 419whp 480tq on e20.
(#2630)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Premium
Default 05-29-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Since those parts are illegal in the USA we censor the word to passively discourage discussion on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Jbx works great with lowers. I have bolt ins on my car except the uppers. No issues. A setup jb1 with catback with lowers and intakes made 419whp 480tq on e20.
Thank Terry, thatís pretty much what I assumed, but weíre all using this tuner for off road/on track racing only right?

Rs400newbie, thanks for the insight!
(#2631)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Premium RWD
Default Logs look OK? - 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Hi, all! New to the forum, but have been running the JB4 & E30 blend for 2-3 months now in my '17 Q50 Premium RWD. The car has been running perfectly, pulling so hard and smooth through every gear. The other day I took the car in to the Infiniti dealership for the ECM recall/reflash issued for my model. Ever since then, the car car doesn't seem to pull as hard and it gets a bit jerky at 4k+ RPM. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping these logs could possibly shed some light...or maybe I just need to check the OBDII pins?? These 3 pulls were surprisingly smooth this time, but the car just didn't seem to take off like it once did. Attached is a run on Map 5 and two runs on Map 7.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-03 17_29_10Map_5.csv (9.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-03 17_33_21Map_7.csv (8.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-03 17_34_29Map_7.csv (6.6 KB, 30 views)

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
JB4 w/ BT Connect Kit
K&N drop-in filters
E30 blend
Currently running maps 5, 6, & 7
(#2632)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 06-03-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger11
Hi, all! New to the forum, but have been running the JB4 & E30 blend for 2-3 months now in my '17 Q50 Premium RWD. The car has been running perfectly, pulling so hard and smooth through every gear. The other day I took the car in to the Infiniti dealership for the ECM recall/reflash issued for my model. Ever since then, the car car doesn't seem to pull as hard and it gets a bit jerky at 4k+ RPM. Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping these logs could possibly shed some light...or maybe I just need to check the OBDII pins?? These 3 pulls were surprisingly smooth this time, but the car just didn't seem to take off like it once did. Attached is a run on Map 5 and two runs on Map 7.

I have a 16 RS with JB4. I had the ECM recall done a few months ago. I didn't have any adverse effects. I had a CEL once, and it was solved by unplugging and checking the all the connectors. I've been trouble free since then. There have been a few other users who's problems were resolved by checking and re-seating the connectors, I recall one user mentioning that one of the pins in a TMAP connector appeared to have been pushed in the connector housing on the JB harness. Fixing that solved his problem. Check the OBDII connection as well as the TMAP connections.
(#2633)
Old

Default 06-03-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSORS400
I have a 16 RS with JB4. I had the ECM recall done a few months ago. I didn't have any adverse effects. I had a CEL once, and it was solved by unplugging and checking the all the connectors. I've been trouble free since then. There have been a few other users who's problems were resolved by checking and re-seating the connectors, I recall one user mentioning that one of the pins in a TMAP connector appeared to have been pushed in the connector housing on the JB harness. Fixing that solved his problem. Check the OBDII connection as well as the TMAP connections.
GSORS400, thanks for the reply! I will give those connectors a go and see what happens.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
JB4 w/ BT Connect Kit
K&N drop-in filters
E30 blend
(#2634)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger11

Logs look fine to me. If you have a connection or PIN issue you'll get a CEL related to some sensor fault. Absent of that if its missing then likely too much boost for the fuel, time for new plugs, some sort of aftermarket intake conflict (common), etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#2635)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 06-04-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes, they fit with any model that has an oil cooler both red and silver.
website only gives one option when ordering the heat exchanger, and says it fits all models with or with out oil cooler. Are the brackets now included with HE incase they are needed?
(#2636)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Yes we're including the optional brackets for all heat exchanger orders now.

Burger Motorsports

(#2637)
Old

Default 06-04-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Logs look fine to me. If you have a connection or PIN issue you'll get a CEL related to some sensor fault. Absent of that if its missing then likely too much boost for the fuel, time for new plugs, some sort of aftermarket intake conflict (common), etc.
Terry,

Thanks so much for looking at the logs. I ended up reseating all connectors both under the hood and at the OBDII port last night and today the car has been much better! Hope that's all it was. Thanks again, Terry, and keep up the great work!

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
JB4 w/ BT Connect Kit
K&N drop-in filters
E30 blend
(#2638)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2018, 02:57 PM

OK fingers crossed! Still working on charge air temp and other logging parameters. One of our diagnostic tools went down so I have to wait for it to get back to continue.

Burger Motorsports

(#2639)
Old

Car: 325
Default 06-05-2018, 03:22 AM

Question Terry/BMS:
.... IS Methanol/Water Injection an option for these Q50/60 RS Twin Turbo combinations??

And more importantly are the 100-Octane racing fuels (ie VP-100/100 octane unleaded gasoline) an option for the Q50 Red Sport VR30TT vehicles on the JB-4? In my area the 100 Octane Unleaded race fuel is pretty accessible for track runs and special occasions.
If the 100-Octane unleaded fuels are options, any ideas on the "max" (but relatively safe)settings on that type of race fuel for occasional use in the Red Sports??
(#2640)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 06-05-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscandal
Question Terry/BMS:
.... IS Methanol/Water Injection an option for these Q50/60 RS Twin Turbo combinations??

And more importantly are the 100-Octane racing fuels (ie VP-100/100 octane unleaded gasoline) an option for the Q50 Red Sport VR30TT vehicles on the JB-4? In my area the 100 Octane Unleaded race fuel is pretty accessible for track runs and special occasions.
If the 100-Octane unleaded fuels are options, any ideas on the "max" (but relatively safe)settings on that type of race fuel for occasional use in the Red Sports??
WMI for the Q50... now that could be a game changer!
(#2641)
Old

Car: INFINITI Q60 RED SPORT
Default 06-05-2018, 11:27 AM

I just installed ********* and got the infamous CEL. Anyway to reset using JB4 BMS cable?
(#2642)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2018, 11:49 AM

You can one time clear codes in the JB4 interface under clear codes, but within the USA we can't help with anything else, since those parts are illegal for use.

Burger Motorsports

(#2643)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
WMI for the Q50... now that could be a game changer!
You mean like the BMS "Turbo" *BMW* WMI Water/Meth/Alky Injection Kits?

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html
(#2644)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscandal
You mean like the BMS "Turbo" *BMW* WMI Water/Meth/Alky Injection Kits?

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html
Absolutely - Terry hinted awhile back that if there was enough demand from the Q50 community with JB4's it might be on the table. Perhaps if we all showed our interest he might chime in with his current thoughts on the topic?!?
(#2645)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Absolutely - Terry hinted awhile back that if there was enough demand from the Q50 community with JB4's it might be on the table. Perhaps if we all showed our interest he might chime in with his current thoughts on the topic?!?

.....TERRY (BMS) What do we have to do to MAKE THIS HAPPEN ???
(#2646)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Q50 WMI integration is built in to the JB4 and ready to go. Just need someone to get a kit, mount the nozzles, and we can work with you on the JB4 tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#2647)
Old

Default 06-10-2018, 08:10 AM

AEM and Snow appear to be long time competitors in the WMI marketplace. Given my (our) success with BMS I would be inclined to stay with BMS for my WMI setup.
(#2648)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2018, 09:33 AM

They make generic kits... But don't have tuning integration. The JB4 is compatible with any kit though as long as it has a flow sensor. But using our FSB to run the pump and solenoid is the best way to do it. WMI kits themselves are relatively straight forward.

Burger Motorsports

(#2649)
Old

Default 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
They make generic kits... But don't have tuning integration. The JB4 is compatible with any kit though as long as it has a flow sensor. But using our FSB to run the pump and solenoid is the best way to do it. WMI kits themselves are relatively straight forward.
Encouraging to hear! The BMS BMW WMI order page could be updated to allow Q50 owners the same flexiability of ordering as our fellow BMW enthusiasts. That way we could order up the kits and know we have the best Q50 WMI kit on the market in the mail.
(#2650)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 06-11-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Encouraging to hear! The BMS BMW WMI order page could be updated to allow Q50 owners the same flexiability of ordering as our fellow BMW enthusiasts. That way we could order up the kits and know we have the best Q50 WMI kit on the market in the mail.
The driver side rear well in the trunk would be a great location for guys who have spares, since it has that really deep part (just a thought).