N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10476)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Made a tweak in v32.4 to the 2STEP algorithm which I'm hoping will get it back to where it was previously. Those who are having issues load it up and test it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10477)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Terry... Small bug I found on 32.3 regarding the needle sweep on start up.. The speedo only sweeps just over half way through vs the Rev counter which goes the full sweep.

It's not life threatening so perhaps a look in the next version. I have not tried 32.4 yet

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#10478)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2016, 04:58 PM

What dash type?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10479)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 05-01-2016, 06:40 PM

ever since 32.3 i haven't been able to get the warm up flash to work. i've been trying for a week. i have a 135.
(#10480)
Old

Car: BMW 335i MT
Default 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Terry. I am givine the new ( 2 step) Revision a try to night! I will report with my findings.

2008 335i 6Spd Manual MMP Inlets- Clutch Delay Valve delete- BMS ********* - SLD- G5 Jb4/ USB. FMIC ******* **'s- M3 wheels- 2/step NLS- MHD custome e60 flash JB4 stacked - Walbro Inline Upgrade stage 1- 335is Clutch - DMFW - Pilot Super Sports -ECS tunning Chargepipe - w. Synapse BOV- Gutted 2ndary Cats - Throttle Body Port injection by Fuel -IT! Kidner grill,scoops.
(#10481)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What dash type?
E92 335i, euro spec... All settings correct...

Also the speedo doesn't exactly line up perfectly...

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#10482)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM

On the metric dash startup sweep a correction was made to v32.4 for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#10483)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind
I updated steering wheel controls with last Terry's changes. If anyone would like to use it:

Full
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tp...zn6PZCffkMWBNo

Short
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cl...DDLjB_OP8d4tRM
Perfect! Thanks.
(#10484)
Old

Default 05-02-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Made a tweak in v32.4 to the 2STEP algorithm which I'm hoping will get it back to where it was previously. Those who are having issues load it up and test it out.
Terry i tried the 2 step with the new version firmware. And the 2 step,works a bit better . but the rpms keep rising ..they dont stay constant at the set rpm

2008 335i 6Spd Manual MMP Inlets- Clutch Delay Valve delete- BMS ********* - SLD- G5 Jb4/ USB. FMIC ******* **'s- M3 wheels- 2/step NLS- MHD custome e60 flash JB4 stacked - Walbro Inline Upgrade stage 1- 335is Clutch - DMFW - Pilot Super Sports -ECS tunning Chargepipe - w. Synapse BOV- Gutted 2ndary Cats - Throttle Body Port injection by Fuel -IT! Kidner grill,scoops.
(#10485)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-03-2016, 05:26 AM

It seems like FutureUseD bit2 got boogered up somewhere between 32.2 and 32.4. With 32.4, warm-up is triggered off of oil temp regardless of the bit2 setting.
(#10486)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent
It seems like FutureUseD bit2 got boogered up somewhere between 32.2 and 32.4. With 32.4, warm-up is triggered off of oil temp regardless of the bit2 setting.
Seems fine in the code. Since the JB4 logs water temps you can easily verify.

Burger Motorsports

(#10487)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttifriendivan
Terry i tried the 2 step with the new version firmware. And the 2 step,works a bit better . but the rpms keep rising ..they dont stay constant at the set rpm
Good. It's still not perfect. But back to where it was before.

Burger Motorsports

(#10488)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-03-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Seems fine in the code. Since the JB4 logs water temps you can easily verify.
With 32.4, I'm seeing the blinkers flash when oil temps reach >160 while bit 2 is enabled.
On 32.2 with the same settings, the blinker flash would happen when water temp was >160.

Could it be that the blinker flash is going off of oil temp, and the warm-up safety is working as it should? I haven't yet tried to verify.
(#10489)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent
With 32.4, I'm seeing the blinkers flash when oil temps reach >160 while bit 2 is enabled.
On 32.2 with the same settings, the blinker flash would happen when water temp was >160.

Could it be that the blinker flash is going off of oil temp, and the warm-up safety is working as it should? I haven't yet tried to verify.
Ah I see. Yes the warmup blinkers are tied to the oil temp regardless of the FUD setting. I'll adjust that next version.

Burger Motorsports

(#10490)
Old

Default 05-03-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Good. It's still not perfect. But back to where it was before.

yeah it works much better. you will just have to really time it so that you have the launch at your desired RPM.

Here is a Video --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXacfAE7NzQ

(#10491)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
Hi T.
Is the
Thanks
If you need tech support throw a log and details in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#10492)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
yeah it works much better. you will just have to really time it so that you have the launch at your desired RPM.
Are you running a BEF? I only wish mine worked like your....

2008 e92 335i 6MT - On3 Performance Single Kit w/Precision 6266 Gen 2 | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF Chargepipe w/HKS BOV | JB4 w/Bluetooth & 2 step and MHD BEF | BMS Meth Kit 2x CM10's | Fuel It Buckless Stage 2 Pump | ADV Sensors | Trebila Tuned
(#10493)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Here is a Video --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXacfAE7NzQ

Works on mine too but kinda on and off.. sometimes it throw a couple misfires with it.. same thing with you nuttifriendivan?
(#10494)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-07-2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastT2
Are you running a BEF? I only wish mine worked like your....
So 2 steps wouldn't work with BEF?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#10495)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
So 2 steps wouldn't work with BEF?
No I never said that. I have been chasing some issues with mine. Some times it works smoothly sometimes not. I was just curious as to whether he was running one or not.

2008 e92 335i 6MT - On3 Performance Single Kit w/Precision 6266 Gen 2 | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF Chargepipe w/HKS BOV | JB4 w/Bluetooth & 2 step and MHD BEF | BMS Meth Kit 2x CM10's | Fuel It Buckless Stage 2 Pump | ADV Sensors | Trebila Tuned
(#10496)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 05-07-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastT2
No I never said that. I have been chasing some issues with mine. Some times it works smoothly sometimes not. I was just curious as to whether he was running one or not.
Oh I see, no worries just asking & want to make sure b4 I install my. Thanks

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#10497)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 05-07-2016, 10:15 AM

some help please 1addicts.com
(#10498)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2016, 10:21 AM

1addicts is not a forum we sponsor. I'd delete the post there and make it in the n54tech support forum if you want our assistance with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#10499)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-08-2016, 04:09 PM

Hey Terry. Is there gonna be anymore adjustment for the 2 step?
(#10500)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2016, 04:32 PM

Yes there will be further adjustment in future software versions.

Burger Motorsports