I love my JB4 but lately
(#10427)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funglenn
I love my JB4 but lately
If you need personal assistance use the support forum.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10428)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
Terry, you have a ETA for 32_3 beta to be officially released? Thanks
No set timeframe. There are some changes we want to make that I haven't had a chance to full test yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10429)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 04-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No set timeframe. There are some changes we want to make that I haven't had a chance to full test yet.
Is the 32_2 I beta tested the same as the full release? Just wondering if I need to update my firmware or not.

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#10430)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2016, 03:05 PM

I don't recall but I think so.

Burger Motorsports

(#10431)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 04-21-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry any chance of getting the channel down button to over-ride the boost limiter?
(#10432)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2016, 09:43 PM

We can move it if there is a consensus. Volume up too annoying?

It was set on volume for manual trans drivers.

Burger Motorsports

(#10433)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 04-22-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
We can move it if there is a consensus. Volume up too annoying?

It was set on volume for manual trans drivers.
Si very annoying ! I believe last time you indicated you could keep volume up and add the channel button(s) as well...I need this as road conditions vary greatly up here.
(#10434)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2016, 11:43 AM

OK will throw it in v32.3...

Burger Motorsports

(#10435)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 04-24-2016, 04:07 PM

Do you think the inlet option will be in 32.3?

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF **|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#10436)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2016, 05:06 PM

Not sure. Those are still a work in progress.

Burger Motorsports

(#10437)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 04-24-2016, 05:20 PM

does steering wheel control 4-6 still disable tpms?
(#10438)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-25-2016, 09:06 AM

Has anyone else noticed that cyl 2-6 timing seems to always be a matching value? In my logs cyl 1 has variance, but 2-6 show the exact same value as each other 99% of the time, including corrections. Every so often they will vary slightly. Doesn't seem quite right to me. Definitely running the right option, have been using it for a long time. 32.2 and BMS 2/23 BB BEF.
(#10439)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 10:00 AM

Log with an example?

Burger Motorsports

(#10440)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 04-25-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Log with an example?
Attached an example, full logging.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 160424_1526.csv (76.1 KB, 50 views)
(#10441)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 01:00 PM

The movement seems normal to me? The refresh rate for cyl1 is 10 times per second while cyl 2-6 are around 4 times per second. So maybe that is what you are seeing?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#10442)
Old

Car: 335i Xdrvie 2012
Default 04-25-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
1) Posts to this thread that contain bug reports, logs, or tuning questions will be deleted without being read. If you need assistance post to the support forum.
2) G5 board must have diodes removed as shown in the photo below to run this firmware. BMS started shipping all boards as ISO early 2014.] We've removed the diode photo to avoid confusion but if your firmware date is 10/1/12 before updating you need to cut them off before uploading ISO firmware. Click this link for the photo.
3) For a more in depth discussion on methanol settings and how to use map 3 without methanol read here.
4) Some addl info on custom tuning the JB4 boost control..
5) If using a 3.5bar TMAP sensor set "N20 TMAP" to 1 and if using a 4bar TMAP sensor set "N20 TMAP" to 2.

How do i know if i have an ISO board since some people claim it is supposed to be written ISO on the chip box... Mine aint.. ???
(#10443)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 04-25-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The movement seems normal to me? The refresh rate for cyl1 is 10 times per second while cyl 2-6 are around 4 times per second. So maybe that is what you are seeing?
Thanks for looking.

If you look at that section of log, during the 3rd gear pull, you can see it most pronounced. Then post shift, in 4th gear, it seems more normal but 3-5 are still seemed linked. The short pull in 4th earlier in the log has them all the same too. I just wouldn't expect 5 of 6 cylinders to have the exact same timing down to the .1 throughout the duration of wot, especially given my crappy pump gas results.

Maybe you are right though and it is just an artifact of the sample rates and I am reading too much into it.

I tried to capture it in this mspaint:
Attached Images

(#10444)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinybug
How do i know if i have an ISO board since some people claim it is supposed to be written ISO on the chip box... Mine aint.. ???
Photo of your board?

Burger Motorsports

(#10445)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Thanks for looking.

If you look at that section of log, during the 3rd gear pull, you can see it most pronounced. Then post shift, in 4th gear, it seems more normal but 3-5 are still seemed linked. The short pull in 4th earlier in the log has them all the same too. I just wouldn't expect 5 of 6 cylinders to have the exact same timing down to the .1 throughout the duration of wot, especially given my crappy pump gas results.

Maybe you are right though and it is just an artifact of the sample rates and I am reading too much into it.

I tried to capture it in this mspaint:
I think that is just a sampling artifact because when you look at the chart you see a sample point or two later they all match up again.

Burger Motorsports

(#10446)
Old

Car: 335i Xdrvie 2012
Default 04-26-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Photo of your board?
Here's my board :

Last edited by clinybug; 04-26-2016 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: image not working, correcting...
(#10447)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M Sport
Default 04-26-2016, 02:02 PM

Your board clearly says N55 Stage 2 so why are you in the JB4 for N54 thread? Believe here's the one you want and the first post should answer your question.

http://n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17800

2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, ER Charge Pipe, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 160 LED angel eyes
(#10448)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinybug
Here's my board :
You have an N55 E Series board. This is an N54 thread. There is no "ISO" N55 board. See the N55 ISO thread for directions on how to convert it to N55 E Series ISO.

Burger Motorsports

(#10449)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-27-2016, 08:39 AM

hey terry maybe you can point me to a post that explains the updates in 32_2 better

i plan on experimenting with the MHD only bef

In regards to leaving the white connector in or out. when using 4/4 setting.

white connector out logging and guage hijacking only i get that.

with it connected I have to leave jb4 in map 0 or i will get no boost. is that what im understanding?

Quote:
G5_ISO_32_2

1) Adjusted 3.5bar and 4bar TMAP FF scaling to auto compensate for new range. If you change the sensor you no longer need to retune duty bias or change FF. If upgrading from an older firmware FF should be lowered ~15-20% to speed up adaption.
2) Made menu11 gas pedal mapping range wider allowing for more aggressive behavior at higher settings.
3) Reduced boost taper on BEF map1, map2, & map5.
4) Moved CANflap to an on/off toggle on option 4/5.
5) Menu4 options are now as follows: 4/2 BEF, 4/3 no BEF, 4/4 Flash Only. Default is 4/3. Note the new menu 4/4 option and details below only apply to those who are not using JB4 tuning and simply want to use the JB4 for gauges and datalogging. If you are using JB4 tuning and/or JB4 back end flash maps read no further.

When mode 4/4 Flash Only is selected the follow occurs:

A) On any map other than 0 the JB4 acts like map4, bypass mode, with JB4 logging/gauges active. The JB4 does not change or alter the tuning. If using JB4 controlled meth then meth will flow on maps 3, 6, and 7 but without a safety system and ignoring whatever boost target the JB4 is programmed to for that map.
B) If you leave the white subconnector installed, the JB4 runs boost targeting using its user adjustment settings including menu 10, 12, FF, duty bias by RPM, anti-rattle, etc. The target is always equal to the flash boost target but the JB4 runs the actual wastegate control. This is useful for switching back and forth between flash only and JB4 maps without opening the DME. Also lets the JB4 mask one of the common problems with flash tuning which is the boost control.
C) If you put the white only subconnector back to stock, as shown in the photo, and what I've done for the flash map testing, then the JB4 and its boost control settings have no influence at all on boost control. It's 100% strictly logging and gauges only.
D) With option 4/4 selected map0 disables the JB4 CANbus module all together allowing for OBDII logging via the MHD. The catch is to use map0 in this mode then you must also run the configuration outlined in 3) with the white subconnector back to stock. The JB4 can not properly control boost without its CANbus module active so map0 on option 4/4 will result in zero boost unless the white subconnector is placed back to stock.

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is CLutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Apex EC7
KWv3 (not installed)
Devils own Meth kit (not installed)
(#10450)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-27-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall
with it connected I have to leave jb4 in map 0 or i will get no boost. is that what im understanding?
B) If you leave the white subconnector installed, the JB4 runs boost targeting using its user adjustment settings including menu 10, 12, FF, duty bias by RPM, anti-rattle, etc. The target is always equal to the flash boost target but the JB4 runs the actual wastegate control.

D) With option 4/4 selected map0 disables the JB4 CANbus module all together allowing for OBDII logging via the MHD. The catch is to use map0 in this mode then you must also run the configuration outlined in 3) with the white subconnector back to stock. The JB4 can not properly control boost without its CANbus module active so map0 on option 4/4 will result in zero boost unless the white subconnector is placed back to stock.