N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9951)
Old

Car: 2007 335i sport package jb4 g5 iso BMS DCI
Default 10-31-2015, 12:59 PM

Only problem now is that gas is going empty and full like crazy anytime i press gas pedal!!![/QUOTE]

Sounds like gage hijacking.

http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_wheel_1.jpg

2007 E92 335i sport package 6mt jb4 g5 iso Fw 31.8
BMS 7/1 pump flash, DCI, OCC, clutch valve,
12 & 15 mm Wheel spacers, Lux V5.
(#9952)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-31-2015, 03:28 PM

That will do the trick!!!
I'll let u know when done...

2008 335i A/T, JB4 G5, CPE **'s, BMS DCI, BMS CP WITH TIAL BOV, MAGNAFLOW EHXAUST...😈😈😈
(#9953)
Old

Car: 2009 135i Coupe
Default 10-31-2015, 05:27 PM

Tried 31.8 with menu 11 at 5000 and menu 12 at 2k5. Jerkiness on light throttle is gone, everything seems cool.

f*** v-bands clamp

Last edited by Traf; 11-01-2015 at 06:01 AM..
(#9954)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-01-2015, 11:57 PM

Does anybody have the Stock Flash JB4 default settings they can post? The screenshot has been removed from all stickies that I can find

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#9955)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2015, 08:36 AM

It's in the 3rd post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9956)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-02-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's in the 3rd post.
Understood.

For clarification for anybody else, there are now only one set of AFR Bias values for stock or backend flashes.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#9957)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-02-2015, 09:57 PM

I was wondering if anyone could chime in on if this is fine to run for the winter.

I have a jb4 and run it in map 5 and mode 42 with the mhd backend pump flash. For winter I'm planning on running map 0 on the jb4 because with all the snow we get I have no need for the extra power. Will everything run fine if I leave the mhd pump flash with jb4 set to map 0 with option 4 2 enabled?

Thanks.
(#9958)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2015, 10:00 PM

Use map4 for stock performance on ISO firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9959)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-02-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Use map4 for stock performance on ISO firmware.
Thanks terry.
should I leave option 4 2 enabled?
(#9960)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 11-03-2015, 05:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the support, car's just running fine with no codes or errors for now!!!

2008 335i A/T, JB4 G5, CPE **'s, BMS DCI, BMS CP WITH TIAL BOV, MAGNAFLOW EHXAUST...😈😈😈
(#9961)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara
Thanks terry.
should I leave option 4 2 enabled?
If you have our back end flash map loaded, yes you leave it on 4/2.

Burger Motorsports

(#9962)
Old

Default 11-04-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhiz
5) If using a 3.5bar TMAP sensor you need to set "N20 TMAP" to 1 after installing it, and also realize your FF/duty bias values will be approx 20% lower than they were with the 2.5bar factory sensor. An easy way to offset this is by setting your duty bias to 65 across the board instead of 50 (or 0) across the board to rerange the FF parameter.

Does this apply to if we have a backend flash (since 0 is mentioned)? Should we have the duty bias set to 0 if backend flash & 3.5 or should we adjust it to 65 (assuming 15 would then be the same in this sense?)

Thanks
this is from post 9944......any more info on this? it seemed to have been skipped over and forgotton about lol

Setting all duty bias tuning rpm fields to 50 would essentially disable it (like when I had it set to 0 before) regardless of what fud is set to, right?

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#9963)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 11-05-2015, 10:06 AM

Terry, curious if you could update the interface to allow steering wheel control past 10, blew out my clockspring and until I get a new one I can't adjust settings in menu 12 form the laptop. Any options?

'07 e90
(#9964)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default Which jb4 do I have? - 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM

I have a jb4 with two boxes. Is this G4 and what firmware would I need. Also do I need the other box once I upgrade to G5?
Attached Images

(#9965)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default Other box - 11-05-2015, 01:42 PM

What's this for?
Attached Images

(#9966)
Old

Car: 135i 09'
Default 11-07-2015, 05:30 AM

Hello, the last update 31_8 affect the 2step during the procédure.

The rpm increase and decrease and never stay to my rpm settings.

It is Just me or it's due to the New firmware ?
(#9967)
Old

Car: 2008 Sapphire black 135i
Default 11-07-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorci
Hello, the last update 31_8 affect the 2step during the procédure.

The rpm increase and decrease and never stay to my rpm settings.

It is Just me or it's due to the New firmware ?
Did you read the firmware release notes at all?
Check note 5...

5) Change to the 2STEP logic to improve fueling coming out of a 2TEP. The changes may also effect the 2STEP RPM targeting. Needs testing.

... I've noticed the same thing and I think Terry is working on it :-)

'08 135i 6-Speed... BMS Pump Flash, BMS JB4 G5, BMS 3" ***, BMS OCC, RB PCV, VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC, aFe DCI, Racewerks Charge Pipe w/ TiAL Q BOV, Modified Berk Exhaust
(#9968)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2015, 02:12 PM

The 2STEP targeting isn't perfect, but works as well or better than previously.

Burger Motorsports

(#9969)
Old

Car: 135i 09'
Default 11-07-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene
Did you read the firmware release notes at all?
Check note 5...

5) Change to the 2STEP logic to improve fueling coming out of a 2TEP. The changes may also effect the 2STEP RPM targeting. Needs testing.

... I've noticed the same thing and I think Terry is working on it :-)
Yup I read it but don't work really.
The antilag works very well.

Terry do you think it s dangerous to got 19 psi with cats ? I use sp98 and 70% e85

Last edited by dorci; 11-08-2015 at 04:34 AM..
(#9970)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 11-09-2015, 07:10 PM

Will this not work on a 32bit system? I'm having trouble installing on winxp 32bit.

07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom 4in fmic, vrsf cp, tail bov, custom catch cans, external pcv mod, adv O2's, phoenix intake manifold,fuel it port injection, bms meth kit dual cm10, Motiv twin disk, 450/540 in tanks/ 6an return and regulator, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors & pads,15in drag setup , ST coilovers,berk full exhaust ,jb4 g5, mhd

2012 650i- D0wn pip3s, jb4, custom drop in filters, carbon filter delete

Last edited by ///Monst3r; 11-09-2015 at 07:32 PM..
(#9971)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2015, 07:38 PM

No known issues with 32bit systems.

Burger Motorsports

(#9972)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorci
Yup I read it but don't work really.
The antilag works very well.

Terry do you think it s dangerous to got 19 psi with cats ? I use sp98 and 70% e85
With E85 EGT is going to be much lower than it would be on petroleum, so its probably fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#9973)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT
Default 11-10-2015, 02:40 AM

Terry,

Would it be possible to have a constant on output for "engine temp ready for full boost", so to speak. I know the JB4 can flash the hazards when operating temp is reached for full boost.

The reason I ask, is it would be nice if the JB4 connect kit could display a very small indicator on the display screen of when the engine is at temp. Light a small green light or something. He can not do so unless there is an output that stays on once the engine is at temp instead of just a momentary indicator, such as flashing the hazards.....

2014 328i xDrive Msport
(#9974)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-10-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay77
Terry,

Would it be possible to have a constant on output for "engine temp ready for full boost", so to speak. I know the JB4 can flash the hazards when operating temp is reached for full boost.

The reason I ask, is it would be nice if the JB4 connect kit could display a very small indicator on the display screen of when the engine is at temp. Light a small green light or something. He can not do so unless there is an output that stays on once the engine is at temp instead of just a momentary indicator, such as flashing the hazards.....
This would be a nice add for the 5 series guys (and anyone else whe does not have a oil temp gauge).

(#9975)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay77
Terry,

We could work something out with Donnie on that. What if we had it hold the JB4 in map4 when not up to temp then map switch once it is?

Burger Motorsports