N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9526)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92 2007
Default 08-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Guys... in new firmware of JB4 (v31) Duty Cycle in logs means the calculated torque.
How can I understand this from my log? For example if my DutyCycle reach 2600 level, how much Nm it means?
(#9527)
Old

Car: bmw 335i n54
Default 08-17-2015, 10:59 AM

Adjusted boost by gear cap menus to reflect 0-5000rpm = 0-20psi, making adjustment on the fly easier. Added 3rd gear under menu 15

hi Terry this means i can also control boost at 3rd gear as well from menu 15?

Bmw 335i 2007 e90 Jb4 iso5,bms dci,ER cp,VRSF v2 ** ,VRSF 7 inch intercooler,alpina flash, Terry's backend flash,bilestin suspensions, and eibach springs
(#9528)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaa1435
Adjusted boost by gear cap menus to reflect 0-5000rpm = 0-20psi, making adjustment on the fly easier. Added 3rd gear under menu 15

hi Terry this means i can also control boost at 3rd gear as well from menu 15?
Yes. Not a big concern for OEM turbos but those running larger twins on weaker tires will find it handy when doing roll races, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9529)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoN
Guys... in new firmware of JB4 (v31) Duty Cycle in logs means the calculated torque.
How can I understand this from my log? For example if my DutyCycle reach 2600 level, how much Nm it means?
The calculated torque has no basis in reality as the JB4 and/or back end flash maps alter it. It's just a reference to use when doing flash map programming. The scale is min to max = 0 to 1000lb/ft (not NM).

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9530)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92 2007
Default 08-17-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The calculated torque has no basis in reality as the JB4 and/or back end flash maps alter it. It's just a reference to use when doing flash map programming. The scale is min to max = 0 to 1000lb/ft (not NM).
Does it mean that if I have 2600 Duty Cycle on my log - it means around 371 lb/ft?

7000 = 100%, 2600 - 37.14%, so 2600 ~ 371 lb/ft ?

I am wanted to see how much torque I have without stand. Just for information. Thanks.
(#9531)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Terry,

Thanks for the update, quick question regarding the rescaling of Map 3 with n20 sensor, do you have a table which can be applied to work out the new additive number = what boost target? Also I assume the guys with the stock sensor haven't been ammended?

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#9532)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM

No, I'll have to make a new map 3 scale for those with the 3.5bar TMAP. But it's basically 0 additive = 15psi peak, 75 additive = 25psi peak, with around 2psi taper to redline.

Burger Motorsports

(#9533)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoN
Does it mean that if I have 2600 Duty Cycle on my log - it means around 371 lb/ft?

7000 = 100%, 2600 - 37.14%, so 2600 ~ 371 lb/ft ?

I am wanted to see how much torque I have without stand. Just for information. Thanks.
The number will not tell you how much torque you have.

Burger Motorsports

(#9534)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 02:21 PM

Regarding menu 15,if I want full boost in 3rd gear do I leave it at 0 or adjust to max (5k)
(#9535)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 02:44 PM

leave at 0
(#9536)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Hmm my firmware 31 is acting strange. I just updated and ran map 1 and 4 and both are boosting at least 20psi. It's on 4-2 and back end is pump gas.

Not sure what's going on no maps target correct boost levels
(#9537)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
Hmm my firmware 31 is acting strange. I just updated and ran map 1 and 4 and both are boosting at least 20psi. It's on 4-2 and back end is pump gas.

Not sure what's going on no maps target correct boost levels
Sounds like a hardware issue. Sure you had ISO firmware before and clipped diodes? Either way if you need help you'd have to post a log to the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#9538)
Old

Car: N54
Default 08-17-2015, 04:44 PM

I thought about this last night while logging.

Requesting potential new feature on JB4.

Press both up buttons on steering wheel (opposite to engage JB4) to begin logs, press again to end logs.

Thoughts?

So dangerous having your eyes off the road to reach your phone to end logs, whilst doing high speeds.

I like to do my logs to the relevant range keeping it short and sweet when reading

Certified Australian 335i N54 2009 DCT | JB4 | FBO | E85
(#9539)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 04:49 PM

why end a log manually? they're like 10kb, I'm not worried about it running out of space on my phone and can edit easily later. plus you can adjust the auto timeout to end the log 3 sec after you leave WOT or whatever if you really need it cut off
(#9540)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 05:00 PM

By default with the windows interface logs only record over half throttle and you can fit up to 8 min of recording in to one log. That's like 200 pulls.

Burger Motorsports

(#9541)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-17-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds like a hardware issue. Sure you had ISO firmware before and clipped diodes? Either way if you need help you'd have to post a log to the support area.

It's ISO and was running firmware 30 before just fine
(#9542)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
It's ISO and was running firmware 30 before just fine
I'm running low on mana and my crystal ball is at the shop. So we'll have to do it the old fashioned way with a log in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#9543)
Old

Car: N54
Default 08-17-2015, 08:33 PM

LOL do you play Dota? Terry?

Certified Australian 335i N54 2009 DCT | JB4 | FBO | E85
(#9544)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2015, 08:44 PM

I prefer console games that get me away from a PC and human interaction. Playing through Witcher3 right now.

Burger Motorsports

(#9545)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-17-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I prefer console games that get me away from a PC and human interaction. Playing through Witcher3 right now.

Heard that was awesome. It's on my list to play. About to start some retro action, though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332200/

2010 335ix - pure 600 turbos @ 30psi, dps, cp, 7.5in hd ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, at cooler
(#9546)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-18-2015, 05:50 PM

So I set menu 11@2500 and 12 @2800(defualt) and I overboost with anything more than 40% throttle. I have inlets and hexon turbo upgrade.. Should I lower 11 to 2k and see If it works
(#9547)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2015, 06:58 PM

Maybe a wastegate issue then, such a low duty cycle should not be hitting such a high boost target. Try 2000rpm on menu 12. We may need to adjust the firmware to allow that to go down to say 1000rpm for extreme situations.

Burger Motorsports

(#9548)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-18-2015, 09:21 PM

All I know I want a JB4, got to sell my Cobb V3 first.

08 335i Droptop 18lbs boost, VRSF Charge pipe, HKS BOV, BMS dual cone intake, ARM intercooler, MHD Stage 2
(#9549)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 08-19-2015, 01:13 AM

Great update!! menu 11 adjustability has helped greatly in pedal feel from 0-50%, I have mine set @ 2000.
(#9550)
Old

Default 08-19-2015, 01:59 AM

Terry is oil temp as a parameter on the roadmap or planned?

I ask because i'm using the jb4 mobile app to display all my relevant gauges and this would be super helpful.

Thanks!