N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9376)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhiz
I like it. However, I am presently running 3.5 bar in anticipation. Maybe a FUD setting to disable for those in transition?
Might be tricky but we could probably do that. Anyway could use a couple inlet beta testers. Just drop me an email if you're bored and feel like doing a few logs in the name of science.

In the email let me know what fuel, back end flash map, & JB4 map you normally run.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9377)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 07-30-2015, 09:47 PM

The adapter for my n20 map sensor shows up tomorrow. I'll send you some logs when I get it installed. I'm getting ready to go back to the dyno and see if I cant beat my previous 481/536 numbers.
(#9378)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2015, 04:12 PM

I've worked up a new map 3 that when coupled with the 3.5bar TMAP sensor targets much more aggressive additives. A 75 additive becomes a 25psi curve tapering to 23psi at redline. So someone with stock turbos and inlets might run say a 60 additive. So I'm particularly interested in meth users with inlets to start. OEM turbos or larger than OEM.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9379)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 07-31-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've worked up a new map 3 that when coupled with the 3.5bar TMAP sensor targets much more aggressive additives. A 75 additive becomes a 25psi curve tapering to 23psi at redline. So someone with stock turbos and inlets might run say a 60 additive. So I'm particularly interested in meth users with inlets to start. OEM turbos or larger than OEM.
What would 60 target?

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#9380)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Around a 23 peak psi curve.

Burger Motorsports

(#9381)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 08-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Send it over! Just no meth

1///M - JB4, MHD E85, Akra ***, Lightweight titanium exhaust, ATM fmic, TFT chargepipe, Tial Q bov, MMP Inlets, Fuel-it Stage 2, KW V3, Stoptech Trophy BBK, Mishimoto Radiator, Rogue short shifter, Vorshlag camber plates, E93 front swaybar, tranny mounts, BMS titanium lug bolts, Toyo R888
(#9382)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 08-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Nice! I am interested in that.

I am running FBO, inlets on stock turbos, 3.5 bar tmap, with meth and e70-e80.

Had a peak of 25psi, tweaking it a little as we go in map 6.

Seeing what you have for map 3. Can I try it?

335- stock
(#9383)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2015, 04:55 PM

Sure just drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

(#9384)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Around a 23 peak psi curve.
what's the curve like? with stock turbo and vtt inlets targeting 20psi, I drop like 1.5-2 psi between 5k to 6k rpm depending on gear. it gets back on target at like 6k. are there any changes in the new firmware for the pwm mapping/limits or is this something that can be accomplished the same with map 6 and entering your own values.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#9385)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default Map question - 08-02-2015, 12:19 AM

Guyz im running fbo with meth and jb4 g5 iso
Im running an aem meth kit and cant wire the failsafe...but meth will flow anyway

Im.coming from a cobb v3...that was custom tuned here in lebanon..and had amazing results with it...so i wanted to try jb4..as a standalone...without the backend flash...so while trying the maps...im confused between map5...and map2 with linear throttle...since both have high boost figures...
Now my question is....does the jb4 use the fuel scalar system? Like the cobb...i mean when i run meth with map5 am i actually taking advantage of the higher octane...or just use map2 linear throttle for the best results? Thank you

Last edited by Abdullahb; 08-02-2015 at 01:32 AM..
(#9386)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 08-02-2015, 01:13 PM

No one has an answer?
(#9387)
Old

Car: e92 2007 335i
Default 08-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:

whats your email?

i want that map since im buying the tmap sensor. running fbo with inlets and 100%meth
(#9388)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:

Is this available for those of us running everything you listed but meth?
(#9389)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2015, 08:41 PM

Testing meth only, to start.

Burger Motorsports

(#9390)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky335i
whats your email?

i want that map since im buying the tmap sensor. running fbo with inlets and 100%meth
When you have it all up and running smoothly on the current stuff then we can talk.

Burger Motorsports

(#9391)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 08-05-2015, 02:58 PM

Guys, I'm going to install my RBs and want to install the Inlets at the same time. What's the best route to go so far. I see a lot of you have them. Big delay? Thanks! And by the way, I think Rob Beck might be offering them soon. If so, I might wait. Cheers and thanks! Larry

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#9392)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M Sport
Default 08-05-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBooster
Guys, I'm going to install my RBs and want to install the Inlets at the same time. What's the best route to go so far. I see a lot of you have them. Big delay? Thanks! And by the way, I think Rob Beck might be offering them soon. If so, I might wait. Cheers and thanks! Larry
Please stop polluting this thread with questions and read the first post where Terry states:
Please note that for any logs, bugs, concerns, problem reports, codes, etc, create a thread in the support section. Requests for assistance in this thread will be deleted without being read.
Either create a new thread or find a thread related to your question and post in it -- not this JB4 G5 Firmware sticky thread.

2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, ER Charge Pipe, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 160 LED angel eyes
(#9393)
Old

Car: 14' F30 335i EWG N55
Default 08-06-2015, 10:28 AM

New JB4 install over Dinan stage 2 on 08 E92 335i, 93 octane, DCI & VRSF **. Car feels great, makes 14.5 psi on map 2 and 16.5psi on map 5. Obviously I prefer Map 5 but but is this boost typical with my mods? Here is a data log, sorry for phone pic but it was my lunch break...
(#9394)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 08-06-2015, 10:55 AM

Terry, this is a dumb question, I'm going single in the next week or so. I'm still uploading this firmware right?
(#9395)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker
Terry, this is a dumb question, I'm going single in the next week or so. I'm still uploading this firmware right?
See the single turbo thread for specific directions!

Burger Motorsports

(#9396)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Drifter
New JB4 install over Dinan stage 2 on 08 E92 335i, 93 octane, DCI & VRSF **. Car feels great, makes 14.5 psi on map 2 and 16.5psi on map 5. Obviously I prefer Map 5 but but is this boost typical with my mods? Here is a data log, sorry for phone pic but it was my lunch break...
For logs you'd need to post the CSV file in the support area if you want someone to check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#9397)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2015, 09:35 PM

Working on some throttle revisions, and I'm thinking of taking menu 11 in dash away from open loop adjustment (which I don't think anyone ever changes on the fly anyway) and moving that to throttle sensitivity. e.g. 0 would be super dead throttle, 7000rpm would be a very hyper active throttle, and default somewhere in between.

Thoughts?

Burger Motorsports

(#9398)
Old

Car: 09 '335i X-Drive
Default 08-06-2015, 10:00 PM

Post it now!
(#9399)
Old

Car: 2008 Sapphire black 135i
Default 08-06-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Working on some throttle revisions, and I'm thinking of taking menu 11 in dash away from open loop adjustment (which I don't think anyone ever changes on the fly anyway) and moving that to throttle sensitivity. e.g. 0 would be super dead throttle, 7000rpm would be a very hyper active throttle, and default somewhere in between.

Thoughts?

YES!!!!
Attached Images

'08 135i 6-Speed... BMS Pump Flash, BMS JB4 G5, BMS 3" ***, BMS OCC, RB PCV, VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC, aFe DCI, Racewerks Charge Pipe w/ TiAL Q BOV, Modified Berk Exhaust
(#9400)
Old

Car: 2008 Sapphire black 135i
Default 08-06-2015, 10:16 PM

Would menu 11 help with my issue on running "lean" at WOT Terry? Or am I maxing TRIMs due to a maxed O2 sensor reading? I'm not even sure what my value is.... Just checked... FOL is speedo 11, tach 4.5k

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32283

'08 135i 6-Speed... BMS Pump Flash, BMS JB4 G5, BMS 3" ***, BMS OCC, RB PCV, VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC, aFe DCI, Racewerks Charge Pipe w/ TiAL Q BOV, Modified Berk Exhaust