N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8901)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:07 AM

OK guys I added updated firmware to the first post with some 4/2 changes. Anyone running a back end flash should use option 4/2 now. Looking for some logs on the various maps, but especially 1,2, and 5, to ensure its all working as it should be!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8902)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 04-04-2015, 11:09 AM

Terry,
what happens if we choose 4/3 with backend flash?

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#8903)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
Terry,
what happens if we choose 4/3 with backend flash?
It depends what flash is loaded. Generally speaking since the flash target will be higher than the JB4 target on most of the maps (1,2,4,5, maybe even 7) you'll just get your flash target. So the JB4 will not be doing anything but controlling boost to the flash target the flash has specified.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8904)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
And it asks for which files to extract... but I cannot select any..?
It's a zip file. You extract the contents to your desktop, etc. Or call tech support.

Burger Motorsports

(#8905)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118
in this new firmware would it be possible to have another pin of the PIC to be triggerd if the speed of the car exceeds a certain value?

It should be similar to the NOS trigger but dependent on speed.

some members of this forum including me have swapped to M3 steering rack that has a bypass solenoid to set the stiffness.

if the solenoid is un-powered it is full stiff, ok for driving but heavy for low speed manoeuvre

if powered it will be fine for manoeuvre, but too light for high speed

so we need a trigger pin thet goes high (or low) over lets say 30mph, better user configurable

Terry could you do something? Robc is also waiting for it.....
There are no high current outputs available. Only the shared Stage3 pump/2STEP output. You could use that output if you don't need a Stage3 or 2STEP.

Burger Motorsports

(#8906)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 11:18 AM

if anyone using backend flash should use 4/2,
would not be it better to lock 4/2 if jb4 sees backend flash?

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#8907)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:27 AM

No because there are reasons some may want to run 4/3 with a back end flash. Like if you want to use map 4 and have it run the flash target.

Burger Motorsports

(#8908)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-04-2015, 11:30 AM

You know my mods and I've always ran default 4/3 and my car hauls ass at 1/2 mile events. I've always wondered why I was targeting 19-20psi in 4th and 5th gear when on map 7. Guess I know why now. So when I switch to 4/2 I will now only target 18.5psi in 4th and 5th..? Guess I'll have to switch over to map 3 75add if so
(#8909)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
You know my mods and I've always ran default 4/3 and my car hauls ass at 1/2 mile events. I've always wondered why I was targeting 19-20psi in 4th and 5th gear when on map 7. Guess I know why now. So when I switch to 4/2 I will now only target 18.5psi in 4th and 5th..? Guess I'll have to switch over to map 3 75add if so
Yes, exactly.

Burger Motorsports

(#8910)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 11:36 AM

PR3CI5N335i
Quote:
why would you want less boost?
because of boost curve?

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#8911)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-04-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
PR3CI5N335i

why would you want less boost?
because of boost curve?
Of course I don't want less boost which is why I will be switching from map 7 to map 3 75 add since switching to 4/2 ignores the flash boost target and map 7 doesn't target as high as map 3 75 add. I've tried map 3 before with little success. I noticed the top end didn't feel as strong as map 7 and now I know why. I'm about to load up the new firmware and test 4/2 on map 3 75 add.
(#8912)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 12:12 PM

good luck,

post the results plz

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#8913)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 04-04-2015, 12:32 PM

Hey Terry

Just to go along with what others were saying with adding another "switched" pin if possible, I think a lot of people would be grateful for a number of reasons. In my personal case, I would like to retain having my 2step when I get the stage 3 pump installed as I'm 6mt and don't have the pleasure or brake boosting like AT cars. I'm sure others feel the same if it wouldn't be too much work for you to implement it.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#8914)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 01:08 PM

There isn't another high current output to use. We could do a low current output, less than 20miliampers, but that isn't enough to run most relays. You'd need a separate circuit with a MOSFET, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#8915)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There isn't another high current output to use. We could do a low current output, less than 20miliampers, but that isn't enough to run most relays. You'd need a separate circuit with a MOSFET, etc.
G6??

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#8916)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 01:17 PM

You could add an external WOTBOX then use the JB4 output for whatever you want.

Burger Motorsports

(#8917)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
You could add an external WOTBOX then use the JB4 output for whatever you want.
Been looking into that but with the PI controller, the JB, and the WOTBOX, its gonna be a mess in there even if it fits. Looks a lot bigger than the relay setup for the 2step now..

RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#8918)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 02:23 PM

What do you want to run with your extra output exactly? Maybe use a Hobbs switch for it?

Burger Motorsports

(#8919)
Old

Default 04-04-2015, 02:58 PM

Plan as of now is VM single, BMS port injection, Stage 3 fuel-it, 2step/NLS, and possibly a small NOx jet. Still havnt decided to go with a WOTBOX and use the output for the pump, or leave the BMS 2step and use a Hobbs for the pump. In either case, NOx cant be used "safely" IMO but I know you arent too keen on the subject anyways lol

RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#8920)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-04-2015, 05:43 PM

What PSI does BMS backend flash target if 4/3 is used?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#8921)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 05:45 PM

Depends on the flash, weather, and the lunar calendar.

Burger Motorsports

(#8922)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-04-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Depends on the flash, weather, and the lunar calendar.
Say bms e85 flash, 70F and full moon?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#8923)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-04-2015, 08:41 PM

Updated to the new firmware, and all my meth settings are reading 84 or 8.4 in every input area under meth settings. This can't be right is it? I would like to do some logs tonight but don't want to screw up anything.

Last edited by Quicktime; 04-04-2015 at 08:54 PM..
(#8924)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 08:43 PM

Zero them out, etc, if not using meth.

Burger Motorsports

(#8925)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
Say bms e85 flash, 70F and full moon?
17.78psi.

Burger Motorsports