N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8126)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 01-07-2014, 04:01 PM

big_C ...the JB4 will blow your mind, just get it! Yes, it will make the software lag obsolete.

Mehank24....not sure, but why not update the firmware and inerface...seeing that you will be addicted to updating after you start.

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#8127)
Old

Car: 335i E90 6MT
Question Cutting Diodes - 01-07-2014, 07:35 PM

I know that #2 on the first page states...
"2) G5 board must have diodes removed as shown in the photo below to run this firmware."
... however, is this still true for a recently purchased G5 ISO board (say November 2013)?

If yes, why wouldn't the diodes be cut prior to purchase?

6MT | JB4 G5 | E60 | Walbro 392 | NGK 5992 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | ER CP | Synapse BOV | ETS FMIC | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD
BMS DCI | AR *** | Magnaflow | BSH OCC | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | Michelin PSS | LS3 AEs | P3 Boost Gauge | Dyno Results | COTM Pics
(#8128)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 01-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Rename the downloaded file and add a .hex extension and it should work
DO NOT do this, it is not the same file with a different extension...
(#8129)
Old
Sua Sponte

Car: 13 335is
Default 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte30m3
DO NOT do this, it is not the same file with a different extension...
I've changed the compatibility settings as well, but you can change the file extension for the same result. I've done it many times with different types of files including ones found on this site.

'13 LMB 335is DCT | MHD/BQ Tuning |
(#8130)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 01-08-2014, 08:49 AM

chrome is the law

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#8131)
Old

Default 01-08-2014, 09:18 AM

I have the option 6.4, Automatically DTC disable at startup
What does this feature? FUD = 18
18 - Drop boost target more aggressively as a function of DTC intervention
What for it really that function?, act as if we had the DTC on?
(#8132)
Old

Car: N54 335
Default 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM

I'm having a problem where I rip on it and it goes into map 4 no ses light and my auto clear is off. But I do get 2C3B Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter, not plugged. I recently installed my 2 step over the weekend.and fixed a wire and updated it to the latest. Any help would be great
(#8133)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2014, 01:14 PM

Need to find/fix that lambda fault before the tuning will stay on.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8134)
Old

Default 01-08-2014, 01:45 PM

I did a search it's bank 1 o2 sensor. I guess I fix that first and I'll be good.
(#8135)
Old

Default 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Did another pull again and got these codes
2CAA Lambdaprobe before catalyst, temperature
2CAA Lambdaprobe before catalyst, temperature and ses flashed
(#8136)
Old

Default 01-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyDeeky
"2) G5 board must have diodes removed as shown in the photo below to run this firmware."
... however, is this still true for a recently purchased G5 ISO board (say November 2013)?

Bump

6MT | JB4 G5 | E60 | Walbro 392 | NGK 5992 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | ER CP | Synapse BOV | ETS FMIC | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD
BMS DCI | AR *** | Magnaflow | BSH OCC | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | Michelin PSS | LS3 AEs | P3 Boost Gauge | Dyno Results | COTM Pics
(#8137)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyDeeky

If the board was shipped as ISO it would already have the diodes removed. You'd only cut them if updating from firmware 10/1/2012 or older, which was integrated firmware. So if the car is running fine check the firmware date. Anything newer than that date above is ISO firmware and if the car is running OK already has the diodes cut.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8138)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 01-11-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
me the same thing happens that to you. Any solution?
same in 27.12 hex
Same here. Any sol'n anybody?

PURE STAGE 2 TURBO'S * BMS PI * FUEL-IT STAGE 3 * PRECISION RACEWORKS INLETS * JB4 G5 ISO * MHD FLASH * HPF FMIC * ER CHARGE PIPE + TIAL * AR **'S * HPF EXHAUST * MFACTORY DIFF * MOTIV TWIN DISC CLUTCH * M3 CONTROL/TRAIL ARMS * CROSS CF STRUT BAR * H&R FR/RR SWAY BARS * ST COILOVERS * MICHELLIN PSS 225/255 * iCARBON DIFFUSER *
**Stock Frame World Record 711WHP 652WTQ**
2016 BMW S1000RR
(#8139)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2014, 02:04 PM

If you need support post a log of the issue and any codes in the support section.

Burger Motorsports

(#8140)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 01-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Will do Terry. Thanks.

PURE STAGE 2 TURBO'S * BMS PI * FUEL-IT STAGE 3 * PRECISION RACEWORKS INLETS * JB4 G5 ISO * MHD FLASH * HPF FMIC * ER CHARGE PIPE + TIAL * AR **'S * HPF EXHAUST * MFACTORY DIFF * MOTIV TWIN DISC CLUTCH * M3 CONTROL/TRAIL ARMS * CROSS CF STRUT BAR * H&R FR/RR SWAY BARS * ST COILOVERS * MICHELLIN PSS 225/255 * iCARBON DIFFUSER *
**Stock Frame World Record 711WHP 652WTQ**
2016 BMW S1000RR
(#8141)
Old

Thumbs up 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If the board was shipped as ISO it would already have the diodes removed. You'd only cut them if updating from firmware 10/1/2012 or older, which was integrated firmware. So if the car is running fine check the firmware date. Anything newer than that date above is ISO firmware and if the car is running OK already has the diodes cut.
Perfect! Thanks for clarifying.

(#8142)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 01-12-2014, 03:36 AM

@Terry, if you put in the interface, in BFP 22 psi, is changed only to 21.9 psi
It's silly, but it should know

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#8143)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-13-2014, 02:50 AM

is there a way to factory reset every option on the jb4? I just did the BT flash and I want to make sure there are no settings that shouldn't be there. I set all the AFR values to 0 manually, however I am not sure if the boost values were custom set or not etc.
(#8144)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 01-13-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynuts16
is there a way to factory reset every option on the jb4? I just did the BT flash and I want to make sure there are no settings that shouldn't be there. I set all the AFR values to 0 manually, however I am not sure if the boost values were custom set or not etc.
Yes, go under File and select "Restore Defaults".

Just remember to select the correct version from the pull down menu under the "Settings" tab first.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#8145)
Old

Default 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Yes, go under File and select "Restore Defaults".

Just remember to select the correct version from the pull down menu under the "Settings" tab first.
Would this also reset/return gauge hijacking options back to stock as well as anything else not set as a default value setting when this is done?
(#8146)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e90
Default Map 5 better choice for 91 Octane? - 01-15-2014, 11:21 AM

I have been thinking that for the 91 octane we are forced to run here in CA that Map 5 would be a better choice than Map 1. If there is detonation at 13-13.5 lbs of boost which is Max boost on Map 1 due to the limitations of 91 octane fuel the JB4 will pull timing etc due to detonation but boost can still hit its maximum.

With Map 5 if 91 were to cause detonation the learning aspect of Map 5 would lower the boost targets to the 12 lb min of that map.
Would't that aspect of Map 5 make it a safer or more appropriate choice for lower octane fuel.
(#8147)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 01-15-2014, 01:09 PM

In what troubleshooting situations would option 1/7 reset adaptations be used? What would the result be?
(#8148)
Old

Default 01-15-2014, 04:10 PM

FUD 19 - Alternative partial throttle mapping algorithm

Terry can you give some more detail regarding this setting?
(#8149)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
@Terry, if you put in the interface, in BFP 22 psi, is changed only to 21.9 psi
It's silly, but it should know
The 3.5 bar sensor causes values to round to the nearest plausible precision.

Burger Motorsports

(#8150)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinfla
FUD 19 - Alternative partial throttle mapping algorithm

Terry can you give some more detail regarding this setting?
It's just an internal diagnostic command tech support may enable when troubleshooting partial throttle boost issues.

Burger Motorsports