N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8101)
Old

Car: 135i'08 mt6
Default 12-30-2013, 10:42 PM

Terry, by the way - why is there numbers in "all maps afr and cps" section in the iso defaults?

N54 JB4 G5 ISO, BMS flash, cpe *********, cpe intercooler, cpe intake, bms dual cones, tial blowoff, coolingmist meth, hartge catback, derestricted midpipes,bms oilcatch, P3 vent gauge, KW var2, LSD quaife
(#8102)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 12-31-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm confused also. I think the 27.10 version posted was a mislabeled 27.11 version. I erased it and added a fresh version of 27.11 just in case. The changes are only relevant to map 3 users IIRC.
the reply was not for you.

But thanks to publish the firm 27.11

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#8103)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 12-31-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm confused also. I think the 27.10 version posted was a mislabeled 27.11 version. I erased it and added a fresh version of 27.11 just in case. The changes are only relevant to map 3 users IIRC.
thanks Terry.
i'll try this 27.11 version and do some logs.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#8104)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 12-31-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
Thanks. Would it be possible for the JB to store a code for what caused the switch to Map 4, e.g. a code stored on the unit, read via the normal ECU code section of the JB app, telling you that the switch occurred and for what reason?

It would be useful for diagnostic purposes when not logging. I've had a few of these safety switches as summer has got hotter and hotter (South African summer mind you) and it would be interesting to see the cause.
I just had this happen to me for the first time this morning driving to work. Punched it hard from a stop and broke tires loose b/c they just brined (think liquid salt) the roads in prep. for a snow storm. SES light flashed and went into map 4. No codes but I have auto clear on.

I'm thinking I over-boosted since the tires slipped? I just installed BMS ********* last week too so not sure if JB4 is targeting higher boost levels now. Perhaps I should set 1st, 2nd max boost levels? I'm on 27.10 BTW.

2008 135i Auto | JB4 G5 ISO | Alpina Trans Flash | BMS DCI | CP-e Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV | KW V1 | M3 Front Suspension | M3 Rear Suspension | BMS Catch Can | BMS Down ***** | Blacklines
(#8105)
Old

Default 01-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbar
I just had this happen to me for the first time this morning driving to work. Punched it hard from a stop and broke tires loose b/c they just brined (think liquid salt) the roads in prep. for a snow storm. SES light flashed and went into map 4. No codes but I have auto clear on.

I'm thinking I over-boosted since the tires slipped? I just installed BMS ********* last week too so not sure if JB4 is targeting higher boost levels now. Perhaps I should set 1st, 2nd max boost levels? I'm on 27.10 BTW.
I am getting the same problem on the high way it also is going over to map4 but I do not get any SES light. The engine is occasionally giving a message that the engine is running with reduced power, but irl this is not the case engine has full power and when checking fault codes non is present. Terry have you seen this before?
(#8106)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 01-01-2014, 05:14 PM

I'm also having similar issue with the car going into map four and sometimes into limp more with no other codes besides 2abc

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#8107)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell
I am getting the same problem on the high way it also is going over to map4 but I do not get any SES light. The engine is occasionally giving a message that the engine is running with reduced power, but irl this is not the case engine has full power and when checking fault codes non is present. Terry have you seen this before?
There should always be a SES light if it was JB4 induced. If you have a "reduced power mode" you have an actual fault so ensure auto clear is disabled or go to map 0 when it comes up to block auto clear. But as a general rule all sorts of N54s have all sorts of problems. So log yours and post it in the support section along with the codes if you need any personal tuning advice.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8108)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
I'm also having similar issue with the car going into map four and sometimes into limp more with no other codes besides 2abc
2ABC is an actual fault code. From a faulty TMAP sensor, wiring, board, or from running map 8 which triggers a 2ABC code when engaged.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8109)
Old

Car: BMW 135i M-Sport
Default Codes? - 01-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has seen an issue where a JB4 is not returning stored codes? I've got what I think is a mechanical issue causing some ticking/rattles and a lean condition (20:1) on WOT (see more info here: http://forums.n54tech.com/showthread.php?t=22735). I'm trying to understand why there would be no codes generated or stored in this scenario? Either that or perhaps the JB4 can't see them or won't display them - both via dash or USB.
Any ideas?
(#8110)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 01-02-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbar

I must admit I havent seen my car flash the SES light when it happens. I assume because I'm concentrating on the road when giving it a thrashing I tend to miss it and only realise its happened when the car feels a bit sluggish and the oil gauge shows stock boost levels.
(#8111)
Old

Car: BMW 135i M-Sport
Default 01-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Think I found my issue - massive crack in the cylinder head cover. Did a pressure test and it's leaking boost and vacuum at a huge rate.
(#8112)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-03-2014, 12:21 AM

On one of the previous hex's. Mine used to do the same, when i didnt push the dtc button one push.

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#8113)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-04-2014, 10:59 AM

ISO 27.12 Notes

1) Corrected a potential logical bug in 27.11 where boost target might drop to 2psi if DME BT was exactly 4.8psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#8114)
Old

Car: E92 335xi
Default 01-04-2014, 09:54 PM

does the CANflap option do the same thing an ExhaustMeister does to stock exhaust??
(#8115)
Old

Car: NA
Default 01-05-2014, 01:10 PM

Just picked up my 335i. One thing that I notice is that it takes quite a bit of throttle tip in to take off from a start...the same thing happened on another 07 335i that I test drove. Researching the forums shows that its common due to the software from BMW and that an update will fix it.

I want to buy the G5 ISO version soon, will this make the bmw software update redundant? Should I just forget about it and buy the G5?
(#8116)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 01-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
me the same thing happens that to you. Any solution?
same in 27.12 hex

Time is the best teacher

(#8117)
Old

Car: 335i CDV
Default 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM

change hex to older ones maybe? I am happy with 27.4 or 5 at the moment.

Getting there:
'07 E92 6mt,
MMP stage3 hybrid,
MMP Inlet/Outlet,
MHD BMS hybrid E85 BEF,
3.5 bar,
E45,
Fuel-it! Stage 2 standard,
FBO,
Synchrotech(MFactory),
Bimmerlife R8 coils,
N20 plugs(0.020")
(#8118)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 01-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Maybe... but i hope that terry fix it

Time is the best teacher

(#8119)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
me the same thing happens that to you. Any solution?
same in 27.12 hex
No known issues there on the firmware side. If there was, everyone running the program would have it. 2ABC comes from running map 8, from a loose wire in the harness, a faulty TMAP sensor, or in very rare cases a faulty JB4 board.

Burger Motorsports

(#8120)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 335i
Default 01-07-2014, 11:13 AM

I just got my JB4 pnp. Do i need to update any software or the firmware or I can just install it on my 08 335i coupe and use map 1 for stock model?
(#8121)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 01-07-2014, 01:30 PM

27.12 does not download as a hex file but a php file...

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#8122)
Old

Car: 135 I N54
Default 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM

Are you using firefox? Try to download with IExplorer

135I - 6 MT -JB4 G5 ISO Map 3 - BB Race Flash - Riss Rasing ******* ** - AFE CAIs - BMS SDL - 93 Octanes - Sistem X wather meth - SPEC 2+ - RB Twins!!
(#8123)
Old

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 01-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum996
Rename the downloaded file and add a .hex extension and it should work

2008 335xi | 6MT | JB4 | BMS DCI | Pump Gas
(#8124)
Old

Car: 07 335i sedan
Default 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum996
Its an Internet Explorer 10 and 11 Compatibility issue.

From your Internet Explorer browser window
Select Tools
Select Compatibility View Settings
Dialog box opens
In "add this web site" enter "www.n54tech.com"
Select add
Select Close

Restart the browser.
(#8125)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default worked - 01-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte30m3
Its an Internet Explorer 10 and 11 Compatibility issue.

From your Internet Explorer browser window
Select Tools
Select Compatibility View Settings
Dialog box opens
In "add this web site" enter "www.n54tech.com"
Select add
Select Close

Restart the browser.
worked... thanks!

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.