N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Golf MK7 R
Default Help needed - 03-08-2019, 01:08 AM

Just looking for a bit of help.

Today I installed the bluetooth connect kit to my mk7 r

When starting the app all worked well and car connected to the app with no problems at all. However the gauges on the display menu arent working besides the map and boost gauges.

Also i selected map 2 but cant seem to tell the difference between map 2 and map 0. I dont know if its just me but i honestly cant feel the difference. Is there any way of checking all is working properly?

I have also updated the firmware too (JB4_VW
_8_4.hex) i hope thats the right one lol

My car is completely stock 6spd auto and running on 98octane so using map 2 shouldn't be a problem (from what I've read)

Apologies in advance if any of these questions have been asked before.
(#2)
Old

Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 03-08-2019, 02:05 AM

Did you connect OBDII plug into car? If you have JB4 then your OBDII connection do not work check plug inside car and connector near JB4 ...
If you have JB1 then you will see only map and boost gauges(If I remember right).
(#3)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
Did you connect OBDII plug into car? If you have JB4 then your OBDII connection do not work check plug inside car and connector near JB4 ...
If you have JB1 then you will see only map and boost gauges(If I remember right).
Iíve had the jb4 on my car for over a year now, Iíve only just bought the Bluetooth connector today.
(#4)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tloutas
Iíve had the jb4 on my car for over a year now, Iíve only just bought the Bluetooth connector today.
This doesn't mean anything... Your OBDII connection do not work. You have 4 options:
- You are unplug OBDII connector inside car(Probably this is not your problem)
- You are disconnect OBDII 4 pin connector or you are connect it wrong near JB4 box when you are install BT module(Probably 90% that this is your problem)
- You are damage JB4 board when you are install BT kit(Probably 8% that this is your problem)
- You have flash your device incorectly and FW do not work as must(Probably 2% that this is your problem)

So check 4 pin connector on your JB4 box disconnect it and check that you correct connect it back...
(#5)
Old

Unhappy 03-08-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
This doesn't mean anything... Your OBDII connection do not work. You have 4 options:
- You are unplug OBDII connector inside car(Probably this is not your problem)
- You are disconnect OBDII 4 pin connector or you are connect it wrong near JB4 box when you are install BT module(Probably 90% that this is your problem)
- You are damage JB4 board when you are install BT kit(Probably 8% that this is your problem)
- You have flash your device incorectly and FW do not work as must(Probably 2% that this is your problem)

So check 4 pin connector on your JB4 box disconnect it and check that you correct connect it back...
Hey mate thank you so much it was the 4 pin connector causing the issue.
Does this mean Iíve been driving around the past year without the jb4 actually working?!
(#6)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 04:07 AM

In some older firmwares if remember right it still increase boost over stock boost if OBDII do not work. In latests firmwares if rememeber right if OBDII do not work then it switch to map 0(stock) so car drive like stock
Im happy that you find and fix problem now I wish you happy testing and logging