N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 550i M Sport
Default N63 JB4 Drivetrain Malfunction 121101 No description found - 05-11-2018, 01:35 PM

attached photo of error

I replaced spark plugs with NGK 97506 gap .02
Haven't got a misfire since but full throttle is still throwing 2 codes consistently

121101 No description found
120408 Reduced Power Mode

haven't been able to find much info on the codes.

I was thinking of uninstalling the JB4 and seeing if that the issue is related to it.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images

(#2)
Old

Default 05-11-2018, 01:38 PM

121101 No description found
120408 Reduced Power Mode

happening even on Map 0
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-11-2018, 02:08 PM

Do you have F series enabled in your settings, that will help with determining the codes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 11:14 PM

F series was already enabled.

I ended up uninstalling the JB4 but still was getting the drivetrain error and going into limp mode at full throttle. (Limp mode went away after turning the car off and on)

Afterward I went to a shop and had the DME fully cleared. Then I drove the car for the rest of the day without any errors ( Made quite a few WOT pulls). By the end of the day im thinking the car is fine.

The next day about a block from the house at about 15mph the error triggered again but now when i turn the car off and back on the Drivetrain error comes right back goes into limp mode after a few seconds.

Ran a scan here are the results.....
Attached Images

Last edited by MPJajunkis; 05-25-2018 at 11:19 PM..
(#5)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 11:18 PM

I had got a misfire error once before and then i changed my spark plugs to NGK97506 .020 and haven't seen them since.

"This screenshot was taken prior to upgrading the plugs"

Thinking it's probably a bad coil or possibly injectors? I'm Going to trying new coils first.. Is there a recommended coil for a n63 with jb4 or should I just go OEM?
Attached Images

Last edited by MPJajunkis; 05-26-2018 at 12:14 PM..
(#6)
Old

Default 05-26-2018, 09:36 PM

Update... Friend came over and ran some diagnostics today. Looks like i have a bad injector on Cylinder 5 and a bad coil on 1
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-29-2018, 01:42 PM

Yes, sounds like injector/coil issue. Customer had these symptoms as well and fixed with both.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 07:35 PM

After changing the bad injector and coil. I'm still getting the same exact error on full throttle but less frequently ..
121101 (no description found)
120408 (reduce power mode).. thoughts?
(#9)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 07:36 PM

I can't find any info on error 121101
(#10)
Old

Default 06-21-2018, 02:15 PM

Went on a long drive over the weekend and Drivetrain Malfunction returned with a new set of codes. ( Had to drive in Limp mode the whole way home)

Car is barely idling and if in Drive will jump forward until the rpms are up.
Car also has no power.

I was told to try replacing the Mass Air flow sensor next. Any thoughts?

These are codes:

(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-21-2018, 04:44 PM

Do you have F series in the engine spec under settings? Usually the codes will have a description.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 06-21-2018, 05:09 PM

I didn't. After I selected F10 a couple of the codes changed to say "reduced power mode"unfortunately the rest all still say no description
(#13)
Old

Default 06-30-2018, 07:56 PM

Brought the car into a highly recommend shop for diagnosis. After 3 hours labor im no closer to find the solution. The shop recommended replacing all 8 coils but also said that it might not be the issue.(I ended up ordering a set anyways). They also told me the main code they are seeing and that is consistently happening is P0193 fuel pressure sensor circuit short to b+. Anybody have experience with that error? Possible solutions/suggestions?
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2018, 09:02 PM

A fuel pressure code could be tuning related if you have the JB4 fuel wires installed or installed them and put them back together to stock in the wrong spots.

Burger Motorsports