N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default RB Turbo Inlet Group Buy>>> IS CLOSED! - 07-09-2015, 06:44 AM

GROUP BUY IS CLOSED!

As posted earlier, we have discussed manufacturing and are under development of some silicone Inlets for the N54. We have decided to put out some pricing on a group buy (something we were asked about on our other N54Tech thread).

There will be some delay as we complete our samples and have them form fitted, so the drawback here is they will NOT be available instantly; and expect about a month. We expect NO payments in advance until they are ready for production. THESE ARE RHD Compatible AND will fit ANY N54 (aside for the X6).

These should pass smog (CA) visual inspection as they will very closely resemble the OEM ***** (within reason) and they keep the stock airbox location. BUT this no way implies a guaranteed pass. Ultimately we are not responsible either way and this is up to the consumer to decide what risks they may (or may not) wish to assume.

The 3 custom CNC anodized adapters are described as follows:
1) (1) Custom CNC adapter for the PCV heating element. This gives a nice place for the OEM PCV heating element to be utilized, just as it was from the factory. Some may not wish to use the OEM PCV heating element for whatever reason or possibly even connect it on their own way and to their own liking, thus not needing the custom adapter.
2) (2) Custom CNC adapters for the recirculation for the diverter valves and are standard stock fitment that will be capped (like the stock units) when used with a BOV. These are almost always going to be required for any diverter valve combination. With a BOV application you can just plug them with a blanking cap and clamp as you did your original bungs on your original inlets. Some may not wish to use the recirc bungs and decide to plug the affiliated inlet provisions to their own liking (using their own provided "plugs"- ie. we do not source them or tell you what to use to plug them), thus not needing the custom adapters.
3) All adapters are purchased as a package, and are highly recommended for nearly every purchaser to avoid any headaches or becoming a savvy expert on making things work. If you are not sure if you need them or not, consider it certain that you will need them. The absolute cleanest and most OEM way to do this is to simply order the adapters. WITHOUT THEM YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
4) Just to note also that IF you do not elect to get the adapters and affiliated clamps with the purchase (for $60 extra), they will be normally priced at $90. So make sure you know what you are saying if you do not want them, as they will not be the same price loosely

UPDATE: Shipping costs have been calculated as flat rates worldwide per below:

Domestic: FedEx Ground $30 (1-4 days)
International: USPS Priority Mail International $75 (6-10 days) OR USPS Priority Mail Express International $100 (3-5 days)

DIY Write Ups:
LHD 535: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=36
RHD 335: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195428

GROUP BUY IS CLOSED!

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 01-12-2016 at 10:36 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-09-2015, 06:47 AM

Wow winning !!!
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-09-2015, 07:03 AM

Rob- we all understand the compeition going on.
We are ALLL losing respect for both companies ( thanks to how stupid you both make yourselves look daily)

But how are u starting a groupbuy for a product that doesnt even exist yet?

You havent even posted an image/drawing/anything of your design aside* from a glimpse an oem style fitting for recirculating.

No sense in "hiding"
(#4)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
Rob- we all understand the compeition going on.
We are ALLL losing respect for both companies ( thanks to how stupid you both make yourselves look daily)

But how are u starting a groupbuy for a product that doesnt even exist yet?

You havent even posted an image/drawing/anything of your design aside* from a glimpse an oem style fitting for recirculating.

No sense in "hiding"
Understand your point. However be happy the competition has already lowered there price ~$150 in a matter of a day due to this. This was not something they had planned as of yesterday, and had we not been the thorn that we have been the prices would still be standard. There likely will be more price dips as well, as they still have quite a bit more to go. The consumer may lose respect for our approach, but they should also say "thank you" while they are doing it

We have raw materials in hand and have started on the development, and what we stated above about the timeline is correct. We have just sent samples over earlier this week for another couple projects, but we will go ahead and follow up with this one shortly too.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#5)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 07-09-2015, 07:15 AM

I have to concur. For me to commit to the GB I need to see a product.
(#6)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 07-09-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Understand your point. However be happy the competition has already lowered there price ~$150 in a matter of a day due to this. This was not something they had planned as of yesterday, and had we not been the thorn that we have been the prices would still be standard. There likely will be more price dips as well, as they still have quite a bit more to go. The consumer may lose respect for this approach, but they should also say "thank you" while they are doing it

We have raw materials in hand and have started on the development, and what we stated above about the timeline is correct.

Rob
Again, more misinformation. We have had a group by in the works for the Aussies (who contacted me about it) For basically the same price for almost a month now, long before RB announced his "inlets". Lets also look at the real picture here. Rob is painting himself as the N54 Robin hood, he will be your warrior, he will lower prices for all. This is while his cheapest turbo option is $700 more than ours. So he charges $100 less for inlets, while charging you $700 more for turbos, a nice $600 windfall. While at the same time telling you, he is trying to save you money. That people fall for this mess is honestly shocking. Shoot, I'll give every customer free inlets, If I can make $700 more per set of turbos. Common sense

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#7)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 07-09-2015, 07:16 AM

in for pics of product....capitalism in action is awesome!

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design **'s / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#8)
Old

Default 07-09-2015, 07:18 AM

Plain and simple:
Make your product, show factual data and Let the people decide for themselves.

The proof is in the product, nothing else.

Goes for both of you and everything you make.
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-09-2015, 07:23 AM

Hell yeah Rob!

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#10)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Again, more misinformation. We have had a group by in the works for the Aussies (who contacted me about it) For basically the same price for almost a month now, long before RB announced his "inlets". Lets also look at the real picture here. Rob is painting himself as the N54 Robin hood, he will be your warrior, he will lower prices for all. This is while his cheapest turbo option is $700 more than ours. So he charges $100 less for inlets, while charging you $700 more for turbos, a nice $600 windfall. While at the same time telling you, he is trying to save you money. That people fall for this mess is honestly shocking. Shoot, I'll give every customer free inlets, If I can make $700 more per set of turbos. Common sense
Been waiting for you to bring this up, have had your own quote saved for quite a long time… just ask your other personality why we are more expensive below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech
Getting back to the turbos, going to that big of a turbine wheel requires machining flanges off turbine housings, and having either new V-bands ala RB, or plates like ASR or our N55, then welding them on, this process is time consuming, and expensive, all bringing the price of the turbos way up. Why we can offer this so cheap is because we only have to add a few processes to the machining, and buy the more expensive wheels etc.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 07-09-2015 at 07:30 AM..
(#11)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
Plain and simple:
Make your product, show factual data and Let the people decide for themselves.

The proof is in the product, nothing else.

Goes for both of you and everything you make.
Again agree. And I do think this is childish. But the childish behavior ultimately couldn't be directed towards a "better" man. And for this he shall reap what he sows, and the consumer benefits. It is worth the further note that if this guy kept his head down, focused on himself and doing as you say, rather than chastising the rest of the globe on the inter webs regularly; this project wouldn't have even been a blip on our radar. He truly has earned this by simply being him.

Rob

(#12)
Old

Default 07-09-2015, 07:29 AM

Thanks Rob! VTT does not look too good. They don't listen the customers and make enhancements only when a competitor emerges. Way to milk us. Looking at the VTT front inlet's 90 degrees and proven bad flow with less than optimal fit I'm so pleased I did not go with their overpriced junk.
(#13)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
Thanks Rob! VTT does not look too good. They don't listen the customers and make enhancements only when a competitor emerges. Way to milk us. Looking at the VTT front inlet's 90 degrees and proven bad flow with less than optimal fit I'm so pleased I did not go with their overpriced junk.
The VTT inlets actually look pretty good. The biggest beef we have with them is the 2" ID silicone ends that are intended to slip over a 1.75" OD compressor housing snout. This would be well and good, assuming that for whatever reason silicone was not offered in 1.75" IDs and we just had to do what we had to do. The thing is that it is offered in 1.75" ID's, so we will use what fits the best by utilizing 1.75" ends with an immediate upward taper.

But yeah, the price is soon to get a lot better and there are soon to come quite a few improvements overall with the product. They will be very tricked out soon.

Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 07-09-2015 at 07:43 AM..
(#14)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 07-09-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Add $60 for the "optional" 3 custom CNC anodized adapters.
what are these?

I am interested in the group buy,
I want to confirm the following:

-fit stock air box
-fit the stock recirculating DVs (or forged equivalent)
-will work with BMS OCC
-OEM Routing location
-black color (for stealth purposes)

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#15)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
what are these?

I am interested in the group buy,
I want to confirm the following:

-fit stock air box (yes, they are designed around stock air box)
-fit the stock recirculating DVs (or forged equivalent) (yes, will have bungs placed as close to stock positioning as possible)
-will work with BMS OCC (yes)
-OEM location (yes)
-black color for stealth purposes (absolutely, down to the anodized custom fittings)
See above answers and pic for one of the adapters (PCV heating element adapter). The other 2 bung adapters (for the diverter valve recirculation) are being made yet.

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Images

(#16)
Old

Car: 535XI
Default 08' XI - 07-09-2015, 08:03 AM

Rob I have your turbo on my e60 XI, will these fit?
(#17)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 07-09-2015, 08:10 AM

damn...I think I will do this!

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#18)
Old

Car: 2010 335i xDrive Sedan
Default 07-09-2015, 08:27 AM

Very interested in doing inlets but the install is holding me back..Sorry if this has been answered already but didnt see anything specific to XIs.

How long would this take for a shop to do on 335i xDrive?

How about myself on jack stands (obviously varies per person)?

Has anyone reverted to back to stock and if so how long does that take? (I noticed the rear stock unit seems to be a pain - I'm wondering if these are the types of things that you just leave on when getting rid of the car).

I'm having ********* installed within the 3-4 weeks and was considering doing inlets at the same time as I would assume its a lot easier, but not sure if these will be ready in time.
(#19)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinchino
Rob I have your turbo on my e60 XI, will these fit?
They will fit any N54. (aside the X6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
damn...I think I will do this!
You want added to the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs531
Very interested in doing inlets but the install is holding me back..Sorry if this has been answered already but didnt see anything specific to XIs.

How long would this take for a shop to do on 335i xDrive?

How about myself on jack stands (obviously varies per person)?

Has anyone reverted to back to stock and if so how long does that take? (I noticed the rear stock unit seems to be a pain - I'm wondering if these are the types of things that you just leave on when getting rid of the car).

I'm having ********* installed within the 3-4 weeks and was considering doing inlets at the same time as I would assume its a lot easier, but not sure if these will be ready in time.
These as a pair are not going to be easy to install, but the front will be easy. The rear will require cutting out the old plastic tube and inserting this new one. Count on several hours for an experienced shop for just the rear. Maybe an hour for the front. With some care, patience, and some basic mechanical skills/tools; this certainly can be a DIY on jackstands mod.

Rob

(#20)
Old

Default 07-09-2015, 08:32 AM

Add me to the list. ^^^
(#21)
Old
Stalker

Default 07-09-2015, 08:35 AM

N54Tech List:
1. brnmcn
etc.

Those wanting pics we will provide as soon as the finished formed samples come back to us. There is a delay in this process. Thanks.

(#22)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 07-09-2015, 08:44 AM

in for the group buy + 3 adapters

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#23)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 07-09-2015, 08:47 AM

Hi Rob,

Ship to the UK?

Cheers Russ
(#24)
Old

Car: '07 e90 335i

In for the group buy as well + 3 adapters

'07 e90 335i 6AT | JB4 G5 ISO | ACF/VM ST | AA FMIC | Walbro 455 | ER CP | TIAL BOV |
(#25)
Old
Stalker

N54Tech List:
1. brnmcn
2. CHECKERED
etc.

Closed Thread