N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10626)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johmei
Last couple of weeks my Oil temp show up in Farenheit in JB4 mobile regardless of JB4 settings. Water temp show up ok and oil temp is ok on dash. Anyone know why or how to fix?

(images too big so used links)
If you need assistance with JB4 Mobile contact Donnie directly over there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10627)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 08-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Yeah, if that's the case then I don't think the update is worth it honestly. Only takes a second to switch JB4 to map zero when plugging anything else in. That's just my opinion though

There are some other new features, such as the ability to save Customised settings for Map 6
(#10628)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-09-2016, 12:30 AM

Does 32.5 have the battery reset ?
(#10629)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2016, 08:41 AM

Yes v32.5 has the adaption battery reset under mode 1/7.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10630)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-11-2016, 03:15 PM

Sorry if I'm in the wrong topic or if it was mentioned before (400+ pages are a lot to read), but can jb4 be transfered from n55 to n54? The thing is I am selling my n55 335i and getting 135i n54 instead, is it possible to use the same jb4 on older engine?
(#10631)
Old

Car: 2010 535xi
Default 08-11-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave
Sorry if I'm in the wrong topic or if it was mentioned before (400+ pages are a lot to read), but can jb4 be transfered from n55 to n54? The thing is I am selling my n55 335i and getting 135i n54 instead, is it possible to use the same jb4 on older engine?
Don't think so. Not directly. You may be able to send in and have reprogrammed?

6MT, JB4, DCI, BMS Pump BEF
(#10632)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave
No they are different systems.

Burger Motorsports

(#10633)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 08-12-2016, 08:23 AM

Hi Terry,
Can you check if the boost by gear over ride (volume down for example) is in the latest HEX file. doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks
(#10634)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 08:41 AM

It's still in the code, should be working fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#10635)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's still in the code, should be working fine.
Only works for me if I use the "Telephone" button

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#10636)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Yes the talk button is one of the options there but volume/channel up or down should also work. As programmed right now boost is only dropped while the button is pressed so you can toggle it. Next time I have an N54 handy I'll test it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#10637)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Yes the talk button is one of the options there but volume/channel up or down should also work. As programmed right now boost is only dropped while the button is pressed so you can toggle it. Next time I have an N54 handy I'll test it out.
Yes, my volume buttons lower the boost and the talk button raises the boost. I thought it was as bug, but you're saying that's how it's supposed to work???

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#10638)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Yes, my volume buttons lower the boost and the talk button raises the boost. I thought it was as bug, but you're saying that's how it's supposed to work???
The volume down actually is tied in to the map6 1500 "anti-lag" limiter. So you'd want to press volume up or any other button to bypass the by gear limiter.

Burger Motorsports

(#10639)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 08-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The volume down actually is tied in to the map6 1500 "anti-lag" limiter. So you'd want to press volume up or any other button to bypass the by gear limiter.
Was this a change from 32_3?

G5_ISO_32_3

3) Adjusted boost by gear settings such that any wheel control input disables the by gear boost setting. e.g. volume up or down, station up or down, or talk button. If equipped with anti-lag then volume down still triggers anti-lag and the anti-lag specific boost cap.
(#10640)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-14-2016, 04:06 PM

Quick question. Since not a whole lot has been changed from previous version, would an adaptation reset still be advised after updating to 32.5 ?
(#10641)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown07
Was this a change from 32_3?

G5_ISO_32_3

3) Adjusted boost by gear settings such that any wheel control input disables the by gear boost setting. e.g. volume up or down, station up or down, or talk button. If equipped with anti-lag then volume down still triggers anti-lag and the anti-lag specific boost cap.
Right, we setup talk down which runs anti-lag to a special anti-lag boost limiter (map6-1500rpm).

Burger Motorsports

(#10642)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 08-15-2016, 02:57 AM

Tried flashing 32.5 this morning and the ****ing **** bricked. Didn't flash and now won't connect so I can attempt another flash. What to do now??

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#10643)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 08-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
I assume this would take away the benefit the JB4 has if someone tries to steal your car?
Very good point!
(#10644)
Old

Default 08-17-2016, 10:57 AM

How and where do you set the meth to flow for all maps?'

08 335i Droptop 18lbs boost, VRSF Charge pipe, HKS BOV, BMS dual cone intake, ARM intercooler, MHD Stage 2
(#10645)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 08-17-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135droptop
How and where do you set the meth to flow for all maps?'
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22272

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10646)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-18-2016, 05:14 AM

Jesus man, are you serious?

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, ** and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#10647)
Old

Default 08-18-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCuda
Jesus man, are you serious?
If your talking to me, YES. I did find it, not sure why it blew by be so many times.

08 335i Droptop 18lbs boost, VRSF Charge pipe, HKS BOV, BMS dual cone intake, ARM intercooler, MHD Stage 2
(#10648)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-18-2016, 08:21 AM

Im trying to data log via PC and it's not working. When I start the log the jb4 interface says "Starting logging" but it doesn't actually log anything. When I press "stop and view" nothing happens and manually checking the log presents a .CSV with the only data being the parameter titles. I am able to monitor the parameters in real time via the interface, but not log. JB4 + pump BEF with latest firmware
(#10649)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2016, 08:50 AM

If you need tech support use the support forum. No known issues, maybe you are not going full throttle before viewing log.

Burger Motorsports

(#10650)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-20-2016, 11:38 AM

Spent today trying to find the latest firmware for what I assume to be a G4 JB4 as the firmware date currently is 23rd June 2012. any chance someone has a link if it still exists, I found a few but the links were dead.

About time I joined here anyway after running the JB4 for 8 months on default settings and time to get my hands more dirty