N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9801)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-15-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think the best option for gauges is the wot-view only. The oil gauge will show oil any time you're not racing around.

I have been searching for a while on how to change the highjack to wot only but can't find info only option I find is 50% throttle or more... ??
(#9802)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2015, 01:41 PM

By WOT I mean 60% pedal input or more.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9803)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2015, 01:42 PM

Logs and support request go to the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9804)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 09-16-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Safety mode 4 is to all maps the same as safety mode 1. Meth adder is only ever used on map 3.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but I think they are asking is why is a safety mode required if no additional boost is being added to the other maps anyway? Mode 1 is raise boost as a function of meth flow but you will run the same boost on a given map with or without meth flow as there is no "meth adder" to remove with the safety.
(#9805)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown07
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but I think they are asking is why is a safety mode required if no additional boost is being added to the other maps anyway? Mode 1 is raise boost as a function of meth flow but you will run the same boost on a given map with or without meth flow as there is no "meth adder" to remove with the safety.
When safety mode = 4 is enabled all maps have a base boost of around 15psi and then target is raised to their true target as a function of meth flow.

Burger Motorsports

(#9806)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM

Nice work, I'm really enjoying menu 11 @ 3000k. Almost feel like I don't need a backend flash the acceleration is so smooth!
(#9807)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e92
Default 09-17-2015, 06:38 AM

are there any updates for map 3 targets with n20 tmap+ inlets?
(#9808)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i n54 coupe (2006)
Default 09-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Terry can you explain what exactly do the changes in 31.5?

E92 335i coupe 10/2006 @ BMS DCI ; JB4 G5 ISO ; AR Design 3" DPs ; APEX EC7 18" wheels ; BMS OCC ; BEF ; MMP inlets & outlets ; RB PCV valve ; Vibrant ressonators
(#9809)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
are there any updates for map 3 targets with n20 tmap+ inlets?
The firmware notes document in what version various changes were made.

Burger Motorsports

(#9810)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 09-17-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
None of those settings have any effect on full throttle except menu 12 and only if its set too high.
Terry, how do I get or purchase a custom map/flash on map6 on the JB4 stage 3 for the n54? I want to boost up more by rpms setting. I want more than map 7 18.5 psi.

I'm have FBO and will only run on racing fuel 100+ octane.

I'm not sure if I have the latest firmware but I bought my JB4 around May 2015 so I'm assumed it came with latest firmware.

I'm willing to pay for a safe custom setup on map 6 where I want to push 20-22 psi. I know that's close to maxing out the turbos and potential risk for the motor but I'm not worry it's only 3k-4k for a new motor. If it blows up it'd just be a good reason to get it fully built.

What's recommended as far as fuel upgrade or meth if necessary to run that much of boost.

Again this setup will only be running on 100+ racing fuel.

Thanks,
(#9811)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2015, 10:20 AM

The latest JB4 firmware, settings, and back end flash maps are posted to the forum. To run more than 20psi requires an N20 3.5bar TMAP adapter.

Map 7 runs around 20psi so I'd start there. If you need help or tuning advice post a log in the support area.

If you require special tuning attention beyond what we can help with via the forum you will have to hire a personal tuner. We don't endorse any but they are around.

Burger Motorsports

(#9812)
Old

Car: E90 335xi
Default 09-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_gtir
Terry, how do I get or purchase a custom map/flash on map6 on the JB4 stage 3 for the n54? I want to boost up more by rpms setting. I want more than map 7 18.5 psi.

I'm have FBO and will only run on racing fuel 100+ octane.

I'm not sure if I have the latest firmware but I bought my JB4 around May 2015 so I'm assumed it came with latest firmware.

I'm willing to pay for a safe custom setup on map 6 where I want to push 20-22 psi. I know that's close to maxing out the turbos and potential risk for the motor but I'm not worry it's only 3k-4k for a new motor. If it blows up it'd just be a good reason to get it fully built.

What's recommended as far as fuel upgrade or meth if necessary to run that much of boost.

Again this setup will only be running on 100+ racing fuel.

Thanks,
You should start with map 7 and backend flash (race) maps... it will be a good start !

2008 Jet Black 335xi E90 6AT | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | BMS Backend 7/1 Pump Flash | JB4 G5 ISO 31.5 | BMS DCI | BMS CP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust | VMR V718 / Kumho | Best 1/4 mile: 12.37@110.4 MPH | Top speed: 0-270 km/h | YouTube
(#9813)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 09-18-2015, 09:13 AM

terry I noticed you said the later firmwares may overboost. if they do, what should be adjusted to resolve the issue?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#9814)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2015, 09:48 AM

Haven't had any issues with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#9815)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-18-2015, 02:41 PM

BTW, haven't had any issues with overboosting or boost oscillation since I switched to 31.5

Thanks Terry!

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#9816)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-18-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nc86
You should start with map 7 and backend flash (race) maps... it will be a good start !
Which would be a stronger flash? Race or e85? It says map up to e30, race for higher, but e40 at least for e85 flash so a little confused. Likeif I run e55, should I use race or e85 flash? Thank you
(#9817)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2015, 04:45 PM

Anything E40 or higher is better off using the E85 flash UNLESS you often run straight pump. In which case the RACE is a better dual purpose flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#9818)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-18-2015, 07:14 PM

Terry, is it a good idea to use b3 alpina flash with mhd/jb4 e85 map 7. I noticed map 7 sometimes causes tranny slip on high rev low gear on my transmission.
(#9819)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 09-18-2015, 07:47 PM

yes, alpina flash is needed on higher horsepower at cars.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#9820)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nazz
Terry, is it a good idea to use b3 alpina flash with mhd/jb4 e85 map 7. I noticed map 7 sometimes causes tranny slip on high rev low gear on my transmission.
Trans flash? Definitely!

Burger Motorsports

(#9821)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 09-19-2015, 05:09 AM

Quote:
When safety mode = 4 is enabled all maps have a base boost of around 15psi and then target is raised to their true target as a function of meth flow.
Okay thanks.

So historic timing is ignored on all maps when safety mode = 4 including map 3??

10) v31.5: Adjusted meth_safety mode = 2 to apply to all maps when selected.

Sorry but I don't understand which safety mode is applied to all maps if safety mode = 2

Cheers,
(#9822)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2015, 09:22 AM

Right. Historic timing is meant to protect you against insufficient meth volume or quality to cover the requested boost gauge, and to protect against the rare solenoid failure. But with E85 in the tank these two aspects of the safety system become less critical.

Burger Motorsports

(#9823)
Old

Car: 2006 335i
Default 09-19-2015, 09:47 AM

Finally got home and updated to 31.5. Acceleration rattle is gone and car now feels like an e46 m3 . Got menu 11 set to 3000 rpm. Love it nice job.

2006 e92 monaco blue
Jb4 G5 ISO
Bms dci
Bms 3" *********
Forge cp and twin BOV
Bilstein b12 kit

If it ain't broke, break it.
(#9824)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-19-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcoccy335
Finally got home and updated to 31.5. Acceleration rattle is gone and car now feels like an e46 m3 . Got menu 11 set to 3000 rpm. Love it nice job.
How does 3k feel compared to like 2k? I haven't gone over 2k cause I'm trying to figure out what settings to change to stop the jerky feeling when rolling from a stop ... :/
(#9825)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-19-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climax_E92
How does 3k feel compared to like 2k? I haven't gone over 2k cause I'm trying to figure out what settings to change to stop the jerky feeling when rolling from a stop ... :/
I guess you need to test by lowering your menu 12 , default 2800 but many reported lowering it to 2600 and 2500 smoothed the issue

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle