N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Can the MHD BEF remove the speed limiter on the F series aswell? Can this be done in app as a selection, or are the BEF maps provided will have this done by default?
Yes, we'll remove it in our JB4 BEF.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-06-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're working on EWG and PWG... I think according to MHD the only F N55 platform we can't do yet are PPK cars, as they require some special coding that isn't ready yet.
If I understand well, JB4 BEF will not work on M235i and M135i ? Or only on M135i PWG ?
(#103)
Old

Car: M135i 2015
Default 01-06-2018, 02:27 PM

I have my DME unlocked. Do I need to upload the MHD flash software (25 min) and after maps (2-3 min) or can I go straight to the maps?
(#104)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitto
I have my DME unlocked. Do I need to upload the MHD flash software (25 min) and after maps (2-3 min) or can I go straight to the maps?
Straight to maps

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#105)
Old

Car: M135i 2015
Default 01-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Straight to maps
The DME was unlock to bm3. Can I use straight a MHD map?

Do I have to buy any license for the BETA test?

Iím not finding. I only find to E series..
(#106)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM

So you are still not in the Beta team , you will have to wait untile the official reales of MHD after about 2 weeks

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#107)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i xDrive
Default 01-06-2018, 03:53 PM

Now that this bms bef for the jb4 is in the works what exactly are your goals with the flash terry? As in what can someone expect to see as a result of loading in the back end flash, specifically on a jb4 pwg ******* ** car on 93octane?
Smoother? More power? More torque? More burble?

Thanks
(#108)
Old

Car: E90
Default 01-06-2018, 04:05 PM

A bit nervous flashing mhd for the first time. Havenít done it yet.

Any beta members flash yet?
(#109)
Old

Default 01-06-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Email me I've got an F series N55 BEF file ready to load, will need lots of logs as we fine tune and tweak things.
can i try it, im running EFR8374, or i should wait
(#110)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 01-07-2018, 06:36 AM

For those waiting to flash with MHD Tuning Beta. I have a 2015 BMW M235xi, N55, F22, EWG.

If you flash stage 0 you will get a tamper code on the DME. If you flash stage 1 or higher then it is disabled in the map. This is what i got from MHD Tuning.

I did the initial stage 0 flash last night via OBDII. I detailed my issues and process here.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=23

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=20
(#111)
Old

Car: F30 335i EWG
Default 01-07-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 705
A bit nervous flashing mhd for the first time. Havenít done it yet.

Any beta members flash yet?
I flashed it. It's very straight forward.

My JB4 is up for sale btw.
(#112)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW m235xi
Default 01-07-2018, 07:08 AM

The JB4 still has a future with the BEF being developed. And if you want to run PI/methanol
(#113)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Where can i download the BEF? I still have the hardware to install, but i dont find the BEF file for download.
(#114)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi
Lightbulb 01-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak
The JB4 still has a future with the BEF being developed. And if you want to run PI/methanol
Particularly with a larger-than-stock turbo.
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
can i try it, im running EFR8374, or i should wait
If you need help tuning on the BEF end you'll need to use the MHD tools as that is the only platform we support for JB4 back end flash maps. And we provide our maps for free, so you save on the cost of the map packages and logging tools you'd buy from MHD if you were to try to tune it flash only. Not to mention, all the various benefits which come along with having a JB4 in the mix. Which will become more apparent as we start disusing them in more detail in the coming weeks and months.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#116)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg435i
Where can i download the BEF? I still have the hardware to install, but i dont find the BEF file for download.
We have not posted them publicly yet. Once you have flashed MHD Stage0 and have your stock map, email that in, and we can help you.

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak
Yes it's still the only tuning system you can remove without a trace. But tuning wise we can do a lot more with it. People spend $200-300 like nothing on disposable flash maps. With the JB4 we provide the flash maps themselves for free, you get all the JB4 features, safety systems, and tuning flexibility, and it also handles all the logging for you. Plus when you sell the car the JB4 itself has good resale value.

Flash tuning for F series is the new thing so you'll see a lot of flash only hype initially but there is just so much more we can do with with the JB4 in the mix, running both is going to provide the best of both worlds.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Default 01-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
If you need help tuning on the BEF end you'll need to use the MHD tools as that is the only platform we support for JB4 back end flash maps. And we provide our maps for free, so you save on the cost of the map packages and logging tools you'd buy from MHD if you were to try to tune it flash only. Not to mention, all the various benefits which come along with having a JB4 in the mix. Which will become more apparent as we start disusing them in more detail in the coming weeks and months.
for sure ill try the BEF and stick to jb4, im waiting for MHD for the software

have Q, the BEF will increase the line pressure of the trans to hold more power?
(#119)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2018, 10:12 PM

Yes we max out the calculated torque for that purpose. That is one of the main advantages of the BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#120)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 01-07-2018, 11:51 PM

@terry let me understand. I set my Jb4 to map 0, than i flash mhd stage 0, i try 2-3 pulls with stage 0 and send you per email the csv, should i leave the jb4 at map 0, or should i change something, and should i logs with the mhd monitoring app or with the jb4 app, Sorry i dont really understand how i can make my own BEF.
(#121)
Old

Car: F30 335i - 2014
Default 01-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

I think a step-by-step instruction is needed... This question will be the most asked in a few days :D
Yes please!! Make this happen... ill buy MHD flasher as soon as i understand the process. Cheers
(#122)
Old

Car: E90
Default 01-08-2018, 07:13 PM

MHD successfully installed 😃
(#123)
Old

Default 01-08-2018, 07:18 PM

^^^ and I will buy it as soon as someone tells me what on earth I can expect from the bef with my f30 n55 pwg ***-liss deepee jb4 93oct 6mt car! Without some description of what this back end flash will do in conjunction with jb4 on a car similarily spec’d as mine I think I will just save my money.
Wants:
- smoother power delivery
- more power
- more torque
- better throttle response
- smoother at low rpm while cruising in higher gears
- more exhaust burble
- get rid of weird 6mt rev hang in up shifts at high rpm

If the only n55 jb4 back end flash benefactors will be upgraded turbo guys and e85 guys it sounds like a bootmod3 ots flash tune will be the way for me to go.
(#124)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino
^^^ and I will buy it as soon as someone tells me what on earth I can expect from the bef with my f30 n55 pwg ***-liss deepee jb4 93oct 6mt car! Without some description of what this back end flash will do in conjunction with jb4 on a car similarily specíd as mine I think I will just save my money.
The flashing tools allow us to do whatever we want within the DME, in conjunction with the JB4 and its unique set of features, expect a lot of improvements. But if you're looking for someone to give you the hard sell on it then you're probably in the wrong spot. We're in development mode right now. When development is closer to complete we'll do some marketing threads with the answers you're looking for.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Default 01-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The flashing tools allow us to do whatever we want within the DME, in conjunction with the JB4 and its unique set of features, expect a lot of improvements. But if you're looking for someone to give you the hard sell on it then you're probably in the wrong spot. We're in development mode right now. When development is closer to complete we'll do some marketing threads with the answers you're looking for.
Thanks Terry! I will hold off on buying the mhd flasher for now and wait to see what you are able to do, appreciate the update.

Any idea if a timeline as to when you guys will be done the bef development?