N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default Shift Sector Oregon - What Vendors are attending - 08-30-2016, 03:21 PM

Been following who's coming and so far it looks like AD Engineering / Horsepower Barn, Doc Race, Vargas (not sure who's driving), and Ken (***** Performance). Any other vendors, or for that matter, forum members attending? Should be a very strong N54 showing.

(#2)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 08-31-2016, 07:43 AM

I drive all the shop cars, but I will prob let Chris, and Clayton take a couple passes if they want to. Ken is asking Jason to reserve a spot for all of the N54 guys to park, hopefully they make that happen

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#3)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
I drive all the shop cars, but I will prob let Chris, and Clayton take a couple passes if they want to. Ken is asking Jason to reserve a spot for all of the N54 guys to park, hopefully they make that happen
Let's hope so Tony. Are you going to be there both days now that top speed has been extended to both days?

(#4)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPacMo
Let's hope so Tony. Are you going to be there both days now that top speed has been extended to both days?
One day is more than enough for us. We will race Saturday only. We may come watch Sunday, but most likely will just sleep in, and head home.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#5)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 09:32 AM

Sounds like Saturday is the day.
Looking forward to seeing what the GC equipped car does. Seems like everyone wants to go big single but I think there's room for the twin cars to compete. Should be fun.

(#6)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisPacMo
Sounds like Saturday is the day.
Looking forward to seeing what the GC equipped car does. Seems like everyone wants to go big single but I think there's room for the twin cars to compete. Should be fun.
This isn't the first event a GC car has been to. We took it out to SS CA on a preliminary tune, and raced more than one single N54, as well as other cars including a Stage 2 S55 DCT. The S55 was the only car we lost to all day. He took us by about half a car to one car, and that was with a broken shifter. We expect the same results against single cars this time around. The only one we see having a chance is John because he put a spool shot of NOS on the car to get the big turbo moving. GC response is hard to beat from a roll or dig with a slow spooling single.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#7)
Old

Default 08-31-2016, 09:59 AM

Sounds like fun for sure. It's going to be very cool to have so many N54 tuners in one spot. I'm curious to see how Ken does and how Doc Race does since they're both local

Last edited by DennisPacMo; 08-31-2016 at 10:18 AM..
(#8)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 08-31-2016, 12:06 PM

I'll be out there watching on Saturday. Glad to hear there will be more BMWs this year.

2011 E92 335i Auto | 0-60=3.6 | 11.7@125MPH SOLD
2014 E84 X1 35i | 0-60=4.55 | 12.75@107MPH | VRSF CP | BMS Intake | Custom MHD Tune | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 3 | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | DV+ | AR DP | AEM Methanol Injection
2019 Audi TT RS | 0-60=3.17 | 11.06@125 mph 92 oct | DS1 Stage 1 Tune
(#9)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 08-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to it, should be fun! I'll be the guy that looks like me.

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#10)
Old

Default 09-01-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech
Looking forward to it, should be fun! I'll be the guy that looks like me.
I'll be looking for you. Oddly enough, I'm the guy that looks like me as well.

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 03:29 PM

How is the event going so far? Considered going up to spectate but it's just too far. Watched the live feed for a few minutes but didn't see any fast BMWs. Hope some records are set with all the new hardware out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#12)
Old

Default 09-10-2016, 03:45 PM

Honestly pretty bad for everyone. Ken's engine didn't make it, Andy's car is having tuning issues, our car completed two low boost shake down passes, turned the boost up, missed 5th, and ran 155. At the end of the run its throwing cam to crank correlation codes, and won't come out of limp. The only car doing anything is a stock fuel system single that ran 160. We're loading the car back on the trailer now, I'm already drinking beers, looks like NFZ AZ will be the place. It's a bummer too cause the car itself is running amazingly well, besides the cam timing issue. Bummer, but such is life of high powered N54's. Still having fun

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 03:49 PM

Crap... I hope this doesn't foreshadow a lame day at Shift Sector CA on 10/23. Planning on coming down to that again this year? Is Doc Race up there?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old

Default 09-10-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Crap... I hope this doesn't foreshadow a lame day at Shift Sector CA on 10/23. Planning on coming down to that again this year? Is Doc Race up there?
I'll be there too, hopefully the AT car will be done, I'll be at the all the events coming up with one car or another.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#15)
Old
Legend

Default 09-10-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
How is the event going so far? Considered going up to spectate but it's just too far. Watched the live feed for a few minutes but didn't see any fast BMWs. Hope some records are set with all the new hardware out.
It didn't look good. Tony probably saw more runs than I did but Ken was smoking, Carl was having boost issues (not hitting target) 152 mph, I saw a few 140 passes and one 160 pass. There was a relatively stock looking F series M3 that ran 144 I think it was.

I hope next year is better. I plan to run my car next year.

2014 E84 X1 35i | 0-60=4.55 | 12.75@107MPH | VRSF CP | BMS Intake | Custom MHD Tune | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 3 | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | DV+ | AR DP | AEM Methanol Injection
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Well poor performance is to be expected from the non-JB4 cars.

(kidding)

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I'll be there too, hopefully the AT car will be done, I'll be at the all the events coming up with one car or another.
OK sounds good. I'm excited to finally test our 135i MT conversion in 1/2 mile action. We'll probably also bring the E92 w/ PureS2, M3, and M5.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-10-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Well poor performance is to be expected from the non-JB4 cars.

(kidding)
Where did you find the live feed?
(#19)
Old

Default 09-10-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
OK sounds good. I'm excited to finally test our 135i MT conversion in 1/2 mile action. We'll probably also bring the E92 w/ PureS2, M3, and M5.
Yeah I'm looking forward to it to. It was a weird day out here, no one was running well. Just a bad day all around, the car is actually running very well, making a ton of power, just got that 3rd cut short by the limp, and it would never clear. I even tried to disable the codes in tuner pro to run it again. It just threw shadow codes, and still disabled boost. I think its an easily fixable issue, and should be back on the dyno preparing for NFZ in a few days once I catch up on work.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007335i
Where did you find the live feed?
On their facebook page. I think its gone now.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 09-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Very unfortunate for ***** and his car, was looking forward to seeing his trap with his new setup, same with Andy's guy but still pretty impressed with the results even without PI ..... as for tony ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL once again you proved to everyone that you and your turbos ain't a threat to anyone ... btw I told you to come to AZ where the real N54 powered cars are at... GLWS :*

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji
Very unfortunate for ***** and his car, was looking forward to seeing his trap with his new setup, same with Andy's guy but still pretty impressed with the results even without PI ..... as for tony ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL once again you proved to everyone that you and your turbos ain't a threat to anyone ... btw I told you to come to AZ where the real N54 powered cars are at... GLWS :*
What was Ken running anyway, those HEX turbos still? Or did he change it up? Blowing up on race day is never fun. Been there, done that.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
What was Ken running anyway, those HEX turbos still? Or did he change it up? Blowing up on race day is never fun. Been there, done that.
ADE 6062

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#24)
Old
Legend

Default 09-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
He said it was a bottom mount 6062 if I recall correctly.

(#25)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 09-11-2016, 05:07 AM

Funny how the cars without JB4 didn't do too well either but what do I know lol

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !