N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4026)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 08-22-2021, 02:42 PM

Terry, just downloaded most recent BEF files. Two questions: 1. There's no Hybrid Pump BEF - are you planning to do one? 2. There's a Pump and a Pump USA - what's the difference - which one would be better if I'm running Canadian 94 (basically 91 with E10 mixture)?

E92 335xi
(#4027)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92 N54
Default DTML Shadow Code - 08-22-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRAus
I also have a DMTL shadow code showing up when scanning codes with MHD. It's an Australian model which is closer to the European models so wondering if anyone knows if this could be related?

Thanks in advance.
Quick update, this is a code for US cars, the Australian delivered models don't have the heater, so the tuner disabled the shadow code in the BEF.

BMW 335i E92 N54 6AT
JB4 Custom BEF / xHP
19t FBO Pump98 with WMI
(#4028)
Old

Car: Alpina B3 BiTurbo N54
Default Alpina B3 N54 + JB4 - 09-08-2021, 04:24 PM

… moved to a different thread for more visibility and relevance.

Last edited by bekloptupus; 09-12-2021 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: … see text.
(#4029)
Old

Car: 135i
Default RB hybrid map? - 09-21-2021, 01:52 PM

So I purchased a car- with RB hybrid setup about a month ago. Then I had a break issue and they needed to reset the whole thing to finally get the break light off.

At any rate now I realized (just got the car back today) I am only using the stock JB4 tunes and the backend tune is gone.

RB Hybrid turbos TD04 17T w/billet wastegate upgrade are on the car, along with highflow inlet/outlets

Do I start with the PUMP file? or the Hybrid file? I don't really desire to run e85.

Any help would be appreciated.
(#4030)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-21-2021, 02:16 PM

See my questions above. There doesn't seem to be a hybrid specific pump BEF.

E92 335xi
(#4031)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 09-22-2021, 06:37 AM

I'm dialing in my Pure Hi-Flows now and testing the different maps so I had the same questions.

In short, if you are only using 93 Octane or up to E30 mixture, you'll want to start with PUMP. You are correct there are no specific PUMP Hybrid maps. Which is confusing but it does make sense once you understand Bit6 and the other settings.

The next map you may want to experiment with once you have PUMP dialed in is RACE. This will give you more aggressive timing or allow you to work with some lower E85 mixtures. If you will never try E85 mixtures, I don't think you'll need the E85 maps.

I am personally experimenting with RACE now.

I hope this helps!
(#4032)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw e90
Default 09-28-2021, 08:29 AM

With bef pump i need to plug the flex fuel wires to run e25 or e30?
Thanks in advance
(#4033)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 11-16-2021, 01:28 PM

Is the Bimmerboost flash software no longer available?
(#4034)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2021, 10:09 AM

Yes that was discontinued, MHD is the only N54 option now, as far as I know.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4035)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 11-17-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes that was discontinued, MHD is the only N54 option now, as far as I know.
Hmm. I still have BB Flash on an older laptop that works fine. I guess there would be no issue using that to load the newer BEF flash revisions, right?
(#4036)
Old

Car: ‘08 335xi E92, ‘04 325Ci E46
Default 11-26-2021, 05:15 PM

Hello,

I am running some 17T TD04 eBay hybrids. I am confused which map to flash. Fresh install on a JB4 purchased new in October.

First post here! Just got a 335 and did FBO. Going to flash cad tomorrow at mechanics and drive it home. Super pumped! This forum is a wealth of knowledge!
(#4037)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 11-28-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_mm_cee
Hello,

I am running some 17T TD04 eBay hybrids. I am confused which map to flash. Fresh install on a JB4 purchased new in October.

First post here! Just got a 335 and did FBO. Going to flash cad tomorrow at mechanics and drive it home. Super pumped! This forum is a wealth of knowledge!
At a guess Id say PUMP BEF would be the one to run but could be HYBRID RACE, its hard as im in similar boat so would be good to see what Terry/BMS recommend.

IM also on 17T's and looking to do this also. Run 99RON here in UK just from the pump.
(#4038)
Old

Default 11-28-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCC
At a guess Id say PUMP BEF would be the one to run but could be HYBRID RACE, its hard as im in similar boat so would be good to see what Terry/BMS recommend.

IM also on 17T's and looking to do this also. Run 99RON here in UK just from the pump.
My confusion was mostly on the software version - I get that I will read that from the ECU when I connect now.

I am thinking I should be running PUMP USA but would love to know the difference between PUMP and PUMP USA. My car is a Canadian car with a KM/H only gauge cluster but says USA for the region of the car when I run the VIN on realoem.
(#4039)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92 N54
Default 11-28-2021, 04:51 PM

IMO, I would enlist the services of a tuner at this point to guide you through the setup of the JB4 and provide you a custom BEF for your car.There are so many different settings with JB4 that even small changes can have a big impact and getting it dialled in can be a challenge if you're new to the platform. Don't want to sound like a shill but JSRTuning has a Black Friday sale on now and he's super affordable even at full price.

BMW 335i E92 N54 6AT
JB4 Custom BEF / xHP
19t FBO Pump98 with WMI
(#4040)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Hello,

That depends on the fuel being used, but there is a hybrid turbo thread that covers the basics: JB4 N54 Hybrid Turbo Setup Directions - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4041)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 11-29-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
That depends on the fuel being used, but there is a hybrid turbo thread that covers the basics: JB4 N54 Hybrid Turbo Setup Directions - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Hi Terry,

What JB4 BEF would you recommend running on 17T Hybrids on pump fuel - super unleaded 99RON UK?

Would it be PUMP or HYBRID RACE? As not a HYBRID PUMP option.

Thanks
(#4042)
Old

Default 11-29-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks Terry,

Just read through the hybrid thread again. I am planning on running 91 for the winter. Will play around blending e85 in the spring.

I can’t seem to find what the difference is between PUMP and PUMP USA - what’s the difference between those two?

Thanks,

DC
(#4043)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-29-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks Terry,

Just read through the hybrid thread again. I am planning on running 91 for the winter. Will play around blending e85 in the spring.

I can’t seem to find what the difference is between PUMP and PUMP USA - what’s the difference between those two?

Thanks,

DC
Emissions are different between the 2. If you run the US version in Europe you'll get DTML codes as European cars don't have that equipment.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.